Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 30

Thread: Lightroom 3 Academic Edition

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,786

    Default Lightroom 3 Academic Edition

    Not sure if this has been reported, just want to share with you guys,

    Lightroom 3 academic edition is available at Techdrome SLS. Price is S$179. License for academic and home use, no for commercial use.

    FYI

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    SG, Melbourne
    Posts
    53

    Default Re: Lightroom 3 Academic Edition

    Thanks for that info!

    Was looking for a cheap way of getting the legitimate copy of LR3. Do you know if any shops sells OEM version, i.e. the CD-ROM only...

    Cheers

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    SG, Melbourne
    Posts
    53

    Default Re: Lightroom 3 Academic Edition

    Cowseye,

    Not sure if I'm getting sidetracked....what are your thoughts of purchasing softwares online as such as the one here:

    http://business-download.com/shop/item/596/

    I'm considering this...but not sure if it's safe...

  4. #4
    Senior Member sinned79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,850

    Default Re: Lightroom 3 Academic Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by Cowseye View Post
    License for academic and home use, no for commercial use.
    This includes if u are thinking of taking up freelance jobs and using this lightroom license to edit your works before giving your clients.

  5. #5
    Senior Member sinned79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,850

    Default Re: Lightroom 3 Academic Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by dandoodle View Post
    Cowseye,

    Not sure if I'm getting sidetracked....what are your thoughts of purchasing softwares online as such as the one here:

    http://business-download.com/shop/item/596/

    I'm considering this...but not sure if it's safe...
    for a safe mind, just buy directly from adobe website. guarantee chop it is safe.

  6. #6
    Moderator Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    12,394

    Default Re: Lightroom 3 Academic Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by dandoodle View Post
    Not sure if I'm getting sidetracked....what are your thoughts of purchasing softwares online as such as the one here:
    http://business-download.com/shop/item/596/
    I'm considering this...but not sure if it's safe...
    Read carefully: (copied from http://business-download.com/info/faq/)
    Because buying the software with us you receive the copies of downloaded licensed versions. This means, you will have no hard copies of documentation (licenses or instructions) - just files and instructions in .txt format. This software is not registered online. But we can offer you all updates for most of the software. This software is purchased by wholesale from official providers, whose wholesaling prices are considerably lower. As we do the minimal price markup free of packing, recording, transportation expenses, our price is lower than the retail price of official providers.
    Which means, it is the same as if your friend registers with Adobe, pays hundreds of bucks for LR3 and sells you the downloaded installation file for $99. Sounds great but is not legal. Also: "not activated online" and "just files and instructions in .txt format" rather smells as if somebody has put a txt file with somebody else's user name / serial number into the file you get.
    EOS

  7. #7

    Default Re: Lightroom 3 Academic Edition

    Try ebay? They have those legal serial keys that was discarded by testers, who evaluate the software. Just download the latest LR3 from Adobe webby and use the key that was sold to you. Btw it does not provide support as the key was not meant for end users but can be updated at a price of SGD 78. You can try your luck and wait for the next version to be evaluated by testers.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,786

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sinned79

    This includes if u are thinking of taking up freelance jobs and using this lightroom license to edit your works before giving your clients.
    Yep, strictly no. It's like the academic version of adobe suites from mine.com.sg
    Equipment: D800|D700|11-16|28-75|105 Micro VR|50 F1.4G|85 F1.8G
    Through the Lens of Cowseye

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    SG, Melbourne
    Posts
    53

    Default Re: Lightroom 3 Academic Edition

    Good point.

    It's just that it's rather expensive to get the proper copy from store and seemed impossible for average pple like myself to afford it...

    Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    Read carefully: (copied from http://business-download.com/info/faq/)

    Which means, it is the same as if your friend registers with Adobe, pays hundreds of bucks for LR3 and sells you the downloaded installation file for $99. Sounds great but is not legal. Also: "not activated online" and "just files and instructions in .txt format" rather smells as if somebody has put a txt file with somebody else's user name / serial number into the file you get.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    SG, Melbourne
    Posts
    53

    Default Re: Lightroom 3 Academic Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by blurshot View Post
    Try ebay? They have those legal serial keys that was discarded by testers, who evaluate the software. Just download the latest LR3 from Adobe webby and use the key that was sold to you. Btw it does not provide support as the key was not meant for end users but can be updated at a price of SGD 78. You can try your luck and wait for the next version to be evaluated by testers.
    Have you got yours through ebay? I will check it out...

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    SG, Melbourne
    Posts
    53

    Default Re: Lightroom 3 Academic Edition

    just checked out ebay...wow...they do sell the serial keys...pretty affordable too...

    thk blurshot!

  12. #12
    Senior Member sinned79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,850

    Default Re: Lightroom 3 Academic Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by dandoodle View Post
    Good point.

    It's just that it's rather expensive to get the proper copy from store and seemed impossible for average pple like myself to afford it...
    just save up for it. it dun cost millions of dollars.

  13. #13
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default

    Even if you bought a legit copy of the software but are not licensed rightfully to use it, you are as good as an unlicensed user. Just be patient and save a little more or settle for less.

  14. #14
    Senior Member madmartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Outer Space
    Posts
    20,227

    Default Re: Lightroom 3 Academic Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by Cowseye View Post
    Not sure if this has been reported, just want to share with you guys,

    Lightroom 3 academic edition is available at Techdrome SLS. Price is S$179. License for academic and home use, no for commercial use.

    FYI
    Hey chris,
    Is it necessary to have lightroom if you have photoshop? I know there are some things lightroom can do but photoshop can't & vice-versa, correct me if I'm wrong.
    Is it more advance than ACR? TIA
    Take the shot!

  15. #15
    Senior Member sinned79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,850

    Default Re: Lightroom 3 Academic Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by madmartian View Post
    Hey chris,
    Is it necessary to have lightroom if you have photoshop? I know there are some things lightroom can do but photoshop can't & vice-versa, correct me if I'm wrong.
    Is it more advance than ACR? TIA
    lightroom allows u to do quick editing less the layer method via photoshop

  16. #16
    Senior Member madmartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Outer Space
    Posts
    20,227

    Default Re: Lightroom 3 Academic Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    lightroom allows u to do quick editing less the layer method via photoshop
    Not so much on Photoshop. Maybe I din phrase it correctly.
    Should be as in editing in ACR vs Lightroom. Not thru Photoshop's layers.
    Take the shot!

  17. #17

    Default Re: Lightroom 3 Academic Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by dandoodle View Post
    just checked out ebay...wow...they do sell the serial keys...pretty affordable too...

    thk blurshot!
    You're welcome. Just email the seller to check if the software is legit, and if it could be updated.

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,786

    Default Re: Lightroom 3 Academic Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by madmartian View Post
    Not so much on Photoshop. Maybe I din phrase it correctly.
    Should be as in editing in ACR vs Lightroom. Not thru Photoshop's layers.
    It works pretty much the same. However, organization in lightroom makes the workflow for importing, browsing, selecting photos to edit in a breeze. No more seperate opening of individual raw files to edit. No more external program to review photos. No more manual select all copy and paste in your hard drive. All done pretty automatically from the moment you insert your memory card to your computer. And all within this single software.

    On top of that, it also serve as a base to export your photo to specialised software to specialised editing via plugins. Such as Nik Software suite, Photomatix and of course to Photoshop itself if you still need to work with layers. You can also define programs without plugins and export to those for editing, such as Nikon Capture NX2. After you are done with those, just save and they will be reimport back to lightroom. It's a great tool specialised for photographers.

  19. #19
    Senior Member madmartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Outer Space
    Posts
    20,227

    Default Re: Lightroom 3 Academic Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by Cowseye View Post
    It works pretty much the same. However, organization in lightroom makes the workflow for importing, browsing, selecting photos to edit in a breeze. No more seperate opening of individual raw files to edit. No more external program to review photos. No more manual select all copy and paste in your hard drive. All done pretty automatically from the moment you insert your memory card to your computer. And all within this single software.

    On top of that, it also serve as a base to export your photo to specialised software to specialised editing via plugins. Such as Nik Software suite, Photomatix and of course to Photoshop itself if you still need to work with layers. You can also define programs without plugins and export to those for editing, such as Nikon Capture NX2. After you are done with those, just save and they will be reimport back to lightroom.
    It's a great tool specialised for photographers.
    Thanks chris. Its like a soup up ViewNX2.
    Got it now
    Take the shot!

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,786

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by madmartian

    Thanks chris. Its like a soup up ViewNX2.
    Got it now
    Wonder would you able to get at at a even special price?
    Equipment: D800|D700|11-16|28-75|105 Micro VR|50 F1.4G|85 F1.8G
    Through the Lens of Cowseye

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •