Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: monopod

Quote Originally Posted by luckyorange
    haha im having that problem also....

well i believe holding your breath b4 u shoot helps abit =x
    What someone said here about exhaling and then shoot is correct.

Those who gone through NS, will know this. It's shooting a rifle. It's the breathing technique.

Breathe in, exhale slowly until 1/2 or 2/3 lung empty, then shoot.

Default Re: monopod

Quote Originally Posted by donut88 View Post
    What someone said here about exhaling and then shoot is correct.

Those who gone through NS, will know this. It's shooting a rifle. It's the breathing technique.

Breathe in, exhale slowly until 1/2 or 2/3 lung empty, then shoot.
    No wonder i was bobo shooter last time
    Life is short, so shoot more!

Quote Originally Posted by shadlightsg

No wonder i was bobo shooter last time
    So don't blame the lens or camera.... Lol

Quote Originally Posted by donut88 View Post
    So don't blame the lens or camera.... Lol
    I am a marksman! Could have make it to the sniper team if I am not that shortsighted.... anyway, firing a rifle is similar to operating a camera... but not alot of people had the chance to play with rifle, especially the females population here unless she was from the NPCC or NCC or had signed on for military service.

Anyway, there is no one way of steadying your shots (be it a rifle or camera), to most people (or some people) the standard breathing technique works wonder, to others, holding his/her breath for a breath period of time worked better.

Either way, breathing technique is just one way of steadying your shots. There are other techniques to be used...

1) Do not open your arms wide (like chicken wings), tuck the arms to your chest... at least the arm that is going to hit the shutter, unless you are shooting in special position or at location that disallow this tactic.
    2) Brace yourself to a stationary object (wall, rubbish bin, trees, etc)
    3) Lean your elbows on a stationary object (fence, rubbish bin, bench, etc)
    4) spread your legs, one in front, one behind, or parallel sideway, etc to give yourself better stability.
    5) Use a monopod (of course there are ways to use a monopod too).

And there are one hundred and one other ways of stabilizing your shots too... just feel comfortable... and when you are comfortable and not in anyway straining of your muscles, you are likely to have a more stable shoot.

(PS... I started off having messy blurrish shots even at speed that are as high as 1/50 at 50mm. So for a newbie or a noob to have blurish shot is actually nothing to be ashame about. Practice and shoot more, sooner or later your body and your hands can coordinate much better and holding a camera (or a rifle) would be like holding a fork and spoon).
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

Quote Originally Posted by rhino123 View Post
    I am a marksman! Could have make it to the sniper team if I am not that shortsighted.... anyway, firing a rifle is similar to operating a camera... but not alot of people had the chance to play with rifle, especially the females population here unless she was from the NPCC or NCC or had signed on for military service.

Anyway, there is no one way of steadying your shots (be it a rifle or camera), to most people (or some people) the standard breathing technique works wonder, to others, holding his/her breath for a breath period of time worked better.

Either way, breathing technique is just one way of steadying your shots. There are other techniques to be used...

1) Do not open your arms wide (like chicken wings), tuck the arms to your chest... at least the arm that is going to hit the shutter, unless you are shooting in special position or at location that disallow this tactic.
    4) spread your legs, one in front, one behind, or parallel sideway, etc to give yourself better stability.

And there are one hundred and one other ways of stabilizing your shots too... just feel comfortable... and when you are comfortable and not in anyway straining of your muscles, you are likely to have a more stable shoot.

(PS... I started off having messy blurrish shots even at speed that are as high as 1/50 at 50mm. So for a newbie or a noob to have blurish shot is actually nothing to be ashame about. Practice and shoot more, sooner or later your body and your hands can coordinate much better and holding a camera (or a rifle) would be like holding a fork and spoon).
    i 1/100 also blur leh! *Faint*
    Love the life you live, live the life you love - DreamszPhoto

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dreamsz View Post
    to reduce hand shake .....
    Lousy de My Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by dreamsz View Post
    Aiyah, shoot more lor. Practice make perfect mah.
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rhino123 View Post

i think method 1 is good.... haha
    Lousy de My Flickr

got, everyday i at home, just pick up the camera and keep practices.
    And not in forum, i also practice my typing... lol.

Btw, i think i really will buy a monopod cause the one i have now still T-loan.
    Just headache what to buy... cause got the pod and then the head.
    The head all so expensive de.... -_-""

This one more expensive then my scrapbook hobby.
    Heng both can combine
    Love the life you live, live the life you love - DreamszPhoto

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123