Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 61 to 68 of 68

Thread: Starting to pick up photography.

  1. #61

    Default Re: Starting to pick up photography.

    newbie here too!
    focusing does get to me too! sometimes see on LCD screen, looks sharp! but back home see on desktop is blur..

    another issue is, composition. my photos all lack impact and looks like any amateurish photos

  2. #62
    Senior Member luckyorange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ang Mo Kio
    Posts
    2,843
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Starting to pick up photography.

    Quote Originally Posted by yummylatte View Post
    newbie here too!
    focusing does get to me too! sometimes see on LCD screen, looks sharp! but back home see on desktop is blur..

    another issue is, composition. my photos all lack impact and looks like any amateurish photos
    well you can actually zoom in to check if the picture in sharp anot =)
    Lousy de My Flickr

  3. #63

    Default Re: Starting to pick up photography.

    Quote Originally Posted by luckyorange View Post
    well you can actually zoom in to check if the picture in sharp anot =)
    yes i did~! then back home will realised it didnt meet my expectations when i properly analyze the photos. maybe have to take things slower

  4. #64
    Senior Member luckyorange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ang Mo Kio
    Posts
    2,843
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Starting to pick up photography.

    Quote Originally Posted by yummylatte View Post
    yes i did~! then back home will realised it didnt meet my expectations when i properly analyze the photos. maybe have to take things slower
    hmm.. slowly lo no choice im having this problem too haha
    Lousy de My Flickr

  5. #65

    Default Re: Starting to pick up photography.

    Quote Originally Posted by yummylatte View Post
    newbie here too!
    focusing does get to me too! sometimes see on LCD screen, looks sharp! but back home see on desktop is blur..

    another issue is, composition. my photos all lack impact and looks like any amateurish photos
    Cropping can sometimes help u achieve a better composition during post processing, hope this helps. Drawback is that the resolution is lower.

  6. #66

    Default Re: Starting to pick up photography.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kipling88 View Post
    Cropping can sometimes help u achieve a better composition during post processing, hope this helps. Drawback is that the resolution is lower.
    Doesn't really matter unless you plan to do really large prints IMO. For web sharing, you'll usually resize it to less than around 2 megapixels anyway. It simply means you'll resize less.

  7. #67

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yummylatte

    yes i did~! then back home will realised it didnt meet my expectations when i properly analyze the photos. maybe have to take things slower
    I end up buying camera connector for my iPad and view my photos straight after my shoots haha. Can't wait.

  8. #68
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    372

    Default Re: Starting to pick up photography.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kipling88 View Post
    Cropping can sometimes help u achieve a better composition during post processing, hope this helps. Drawback is that the resolution is lower.
    Second this. Also, cropping in post processing will help improve your thoughts on composition. Shoot more, crop more and as time goes, you'll notice less and less cropping required until finally hardly any cropping is required as you would have nailed it right the first time in the viewfinder.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •