Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Thread: a good semi pro cam

  1. #1

    Default a good semi pro cam

    Hi,

    i am posting using my friend's accout, would like to ask the experts here, what model would be good if i wanna get a semi pro cam.

    Please give me your opinion!

    Thanks (:
    Canon 450D, 18-200mm F3.5-5.6 IS, 50mm f/1.8, 580EX II

  2. #2
    Moderator rhino123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    NA
    Posts
    5,247

    Default Re: a good semi pro cam

    Quote Originally Posted by AjHer View Post
    Hi,

    i am posting using my friend's accout, would like to ask the experts here, what model would be good if i wanna get a semi pro cam.

    Please give me your opinion!

    Thanks (:
    Like all similar thread... my questions to you is:

    1) What is your style of photography
    2) What do you want to shoot
    4) What do you find more important - movie mode? sensor size? other functionality?
    5) if movie mode is important - do you want AF with your movie or not necessary
    6) inbody stabilization system

    Also... please go down to the shop and try out the semi-pro, pro and whatever camera you wanted, see which one suits you best then get that one. There are no one camera brand that are full superior as compared to another camera brands.
    Last edited by rhino123; 14th July 2011 at 04:56 PM.

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AjHer
    Hi,

    i am posting using my friend's accout, would like to ask the experts here, what model would be good if i wanna get a semi pro cam.

    Please give me your opinion!

    Thanks (:
    By semi-pro do you mean a superzoom type or a semi-pro level DSLR?

  4. #4

    Default Re: a good semi pro cam

    whoa! thats like so many questions to ask myself when coming to buy one! actually i ma a noob in photography. i dont need those movie mode type, i just need a simple semi pro? haha, those that can take super nice photos of nature and people, with good zoom and of cause af. with a little aspect of dslr. would prefer one with IS system.
    Canon 450D, 18-200mm F3.5-5.6 IS, 50mm f/1.8, 580EX II

  5. #5

    Default Re: a good semi pro cam

    seems like u just need a Canon G12 =)

    nowadays almost all cameras take good pictures, if you who decides if the image would turn out good

  6. #6

    Default Re: a good semi pro cam

    im actually a noob in technologies!
    Canon 450D, 18-200mm F3.5-5.6 IS, 50mm f/1.8, 580EX II

  7. #7

    Default Re: a good semi pro cam

    Quote Originally Posted by AjHer View Post
    im actually a noob in technologies!
    Then it's really hard to advise you if you cannot even articulate your requirements.

    Go to the large Retail Shops like Courts, Harvey Norman, etc, and play with the cameras. Buy the one that feels right and has the features that appeal to you.
    Alpha

  8. #8

    Default Re: a good semi pro cam

    Quote Originally Posted by AjHer View Post
    im actually a noob in technologies!
    Why don't you consult your friend? Your friend owns 450D, 18-200mm and 50mm f1.8. I think your friend should be able to guide you
    Canon EOS 600D | BBB virus carrier

  9. #9
    Moderator rhino123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    NA
    Posts
    5,247

    Default Re: a good semi pro cam

    You should get a Canon G12, S95 or Panasonic LX5 or a Olympus XZ-1.

    Or you can look into mirrorless camera like the Panasonic/Olympus micro4/3 system, Sony's NEX system and Samsung NX system. These are small and very compact in size but with DSLR Image Quality.

    Basically to be able to take super good photos, you don't need a semi-pro camera, a compact can do it too. Just make sure that you improve in your techniques and composition...

  10. #10

    Default Re: a good semi pro cam

    lol! i wish i could ask him, but he's not around thus asking me to enter the newbie forum! LOL
    anyway which would be better PowerShot SX30 IS or cannon g12?
    Canon 450D, 18-200mm F3.5-5.6 IS, 50mm f/1.8, 580EX II

  11. #11

    Default Re: a good semi pro cam

    Quote Originally Posted by rhino123 View Post
    You should get a Canon G12, S95 or Panasonic LX5 or a Olympus XZ-1.

    Or you can look into mirrorless camera like the Panasonic/Olympus micro4/3 system, Sony's NEX system and Samsung NX system. These are small and very compact in size but with DSLR Image Quality.

    Basically to be able to take super good photos, you don't need a semi-pro camera, a compact can do it too. Just make sure that you improve in your techniques and composition...
    Thanks rhino! i will read up about these cameras and decide again! you guys are great!
    Canon 450D, 18-200mm F3.5-5.6 IS, 50mm f/1.8, 580EX II

  12. #12

    Default Re: a good semi pro cam

    oh i had a panasonic lumix, it can take great photos but then... it died.
    Canon 450D, 18-200mm F3.5-5.6 IS, 50mm f/1.8, 580EX II

  13. #13

    Default Re: a good semi pro cam

    Quote Originally Posted by AjHer View Post
    lol! i wish i could ask him, but he's not around thus asking me to enter the newbie forum! LOL
    anyway which would be better PowerShot SX30 IS or cannon g12?
    I see...it depends on your shooting preference. If you like to zoom a lot, get the PowerShot. If you want something with more control and IQ, the G12 may be a better choice.
    Canon EOS 600D | BBB virus carrier

  14. #14
    Moderator rhino123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    NA
    Posts
    5,247

    Default Re: a good semi pro cam

    Quote Originally Posted by AjHer View Post
    oh i had a panasonic lumix, it can take great photos but then... it died.
    Since you already had a panasonic lumix before, you might want to look for the LX5. This is a great cam and since you are familiar with the lumix, it should not be too difficult or different in ergonomic and user interface. If you are abit more adventureous, you can try out the other brands as I have posted in earlier posts. Those are high end compact camera with good enough reaches (unless you are looking at the vicinity of x20 times zoom).

  15. #15

    Default

    Hi, im letting go of my Canon Powershot SX30IS...with 9mth warranty left. PM me if interested.

  16. #16

    Default Re: a good semi pro cam

    Quote Originally Posted by AjHer View Post
    lol! i wish i could ask him, but he's not around thus asking me to enter the newbie forum! LOL
    anyway which would be better PowerShot SX30 IS or cannon g12?
    PowerShot SX40 HS is out. Go try. 35 x ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM. If u like zoom i mean. Digic 5. IMPROVEd CMOS. Fast focus.
    Last edited by Ammotyr; 5th October 2011 at 02:14 AM.

  17. #17
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: a good semi pro cam

    Quote Originally Posted by AjHer View Post
    whoa! thats like so many questions to ask myself when coming to buy one! actually i ma a noob in photography. i dont need those movie mode type, i just need a simple semi pro? haha, those that can take super nice photos of nature and people, with good zoom and of cause af. with a little aspect of dslr. would prefer one with IS system.
    It is known as prosumer.

    Prosumer




    Semi Pro

  18. #18

    Default Re: a good semi pro cam

    Quote Originally Posted by Ammotyr View Post
    PowerShot SX40 HS is out. Go try. 35 x ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM. If u like zoom i mean. Digic 5. IMPROVEd CMOS. Fast focus.
    A thread from July...
    Alpha

  19. #19
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: a good semi pro cam

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    A thread from July...
    I feel duh... now...

    I need gum gum for my dumb dumb

  20. #20
    Senior Member digitalpimp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Shèng Gǎng
    Posts
    2,744

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123

    I feel duh... now...

    I need gum gum for my dumb dumb
    LOL. Night At The Museum..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •