Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: FYI: Olympus Launching C-4000Z Soon

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Hougang, SG
    Posts
    1,338

    Default FYI: Olympus Launching C-4000Z Soon

    It's similar in funxtions with a C-3020Z, but with a 4MP CCD this time. 3x optical zoom, F2.8.

    Look here for details: http://www.dpreview.com/news/0206/02062501olyc4000z.asp

  2. #2

    Default Re: FYI: Olympus Launching C-4000Z Soon

    Originally posted by Jayan
    It's similar in funxtions with a C-3020Z, but with a 4MP CCD this time. 3x optical zoom, F2.8.

    Look here for details: http://www.dpreview.com/news/0206/02062501olyc4000z.asp
    So what is the difference with the current c4040z??
    Why is olympus so disappointing nowadays?

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Hougang, SG
    Posts
    1,338

    Default Re: Re: FYI: Olympus Launching C-4000Z Soon

    Originally posted by song


    So what is the difference with the current c4040z??
    Why is olympus so disappointing nowadays?
    Think besides the color of the DC body...it's the slower lens liao....seems that Olympus is coming out with all those 'upgraded' version of older models lately.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Re: Re: FYI: Olympus Launching C-4000Z Soon

    Originally posted by Jayan


    Think besides the color of the DC body...it's the slower lens liao....seems that Olympus is coming out with all those 'upgraded' version of older models lately.
    Wow, Upgrade can mean color change. In that case , they have a lot more upgrade to come up. If this trend continues, i would be joining the nikon group soon.

    Why? Because my mum just got herself a coolpix 775 and i find it to be exceptional in value and quite good for general purpose use. I think their higher end model may be worth looking at seeing the high value in the low end model

  5. #5

    Default

    i agree with song that olympus is slow with new cameras recently,
    but remember why you need a C4040, my guess is that you will like to print something which is kinda large...... not much point comparing a coolpix775 with c4040 when all you do is print 4R and complain that C4040 is not good value......

    one of the strongest point of C4040 is actually the bright lens, which can significantly reduce the use of flash photography, making photos more natural...... of course the superb handling & ease of use (relatively)

  6. #6

    Default

    Originally posted by looteer
    i agree with song that olympus is slow with new cameras recently,
    but remember why you need a C4040, my guess is that you will like to print something which is kinda large...... not much point comparing a coolpix775 with c4040 when all you do is print 4R and complain that C4040 is not good value......

    one of the strongest point of C4040 is actually the bright lens, which can significantly reduce the use of flash photography, making photos more natural...... of course the superb handling & ease of use (relatively)
    A lot of daily stuffs could be done with a 775. I still stick with 4040 but i find that a lot more value could be added in future model like having all new model with electronic viewfinder and trying to overcome existing problem in new model so that we would feel a urge to upgrade. See Canon, they are coming up with better model each time. Each newer ones is designed to overcome their older brother's problems or flaws. Like the A40..etc

    Sad at olympus. Their external flash is also out of reach. Imagine that the price of their flash is good enough for you to upgrade to another brand digi and still get a flash.. Sad....

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Hougang, SG
    Posts
    1,338

    Default

    Originally posted by song


    A lot of daily stuffs could be done with a 775. I still stick with 4040 but i find that a lot more value could be added in future model like having all new model with electronic viewfinder and trying to overcome existing problem in new model so that we would feel a urge to upgrade. See Canon, they are coming up with better model each time. Each newer ones is designed to overcome their older brother's problems or flaws. Like the A40..etc

    Sad at olympus. Their external flash is also out of reach. Imagine that the price of their flash is good enough for you to upgrade to another brand digi and still get a flash.. Sad....
    Somehow I got a feeling that Olympus has something up their sleeves.

  8. #8

    Default

    Originally posted by Jayan


    Somehow I got a feeling that Olympus has something up their sleeves.
    Good or bad things??

    Or is it because the R&D of olympus is stuck in some unsolvable design problem and as a result, have to remake older model as new ones just to keep things going.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Hougang, SG
    Posts
    1,338

    Default

    Originally posted by song


    Good or bad things??

    Or is it because the R&D of olympus is stuck in some unsolvable design problem and as a result, have to remake older model as new ones just to keep things going.
    Hopefully good....but from what I gathered from various website...seems that Olympus is developing a new type of CCD in collaboration with another party...think is for the D-SLR.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •