Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Basic photography course

Default Basic photography course

Pros here, ask you all hor... when you all first started, do you all just google and go get all the readings or you guys will attend those basic photography course?

Through reading, i understand abit, confuse abit, blur abit......

Then some tell me 'no need course.... just go shoot none stop..... course fee can buy 1 lens liao'

Some say ' good to go for course '

Then for me, both like also right leh..... so just wanted to seek your thoughts
    Love the life you live, live the life you love - DreamszPhoto

Blog Entries

Default Re: Basic photography course

Quote Originally Posted by dreamsz View Post
    Pros here, ask you all hor... when you all first started, do you all just google and go get all the readings or you guys will attend those basic photography course?

Then some tell me 'no need course.... just go shoot none stop..... course fee can buy 1 lens liao'

if ur canon buyer, eos academy offers a free basic course for u if i'm not mistaken

What I did was borrowed books from the library, go out shooting with more knowledgeable friends and stalk this forum.

I don't want to pay for something that I can learn free of charge.

Agreed, i spent myself two months of thorough reading before buying my first dslr!

There's jus way too much stuff to be learnt through the net. Clubsnap for a start, u'll find many other links.

yep, subscribe to the many channels on youtube offering guides/tuitorials

Nahhh.just browse through youtube and u can learn and infact,photography is more to ideas and having fun!
    chill...
    and also check books on photography in the library,you can learn alot through it

Ok! I go check it out now hehe
    Love the life you live, live the life you love - DreamszPhoto

Look for "Digital Photography 1 on 1" in Youtube from Adorama. Is quite useful and i learn it from there. Try to do more read up from books. There is alot of good books in library.

You can try to join some beginnering outing organize in CS. Shoot more and you will be better.
    Last edited by weisiong; 13th July 2011 at 09:43 PM.

Rather then a photography course, can also join a photography club and from there pick up the skills from the more veteran members.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

you can try starting with books like these if there is no one to guide you.

Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

both ways can work, see whether you are from school of systematical learning or school of hard knock.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Guess those courses only teach theories. Agree wif Spree. Read a bit and go mingle wif shooting kakis and shoot.
    For me, hands on experiment more satisfying..

buy me starbucks coffee and i teach.

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    on lah..

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    Don't need buy pink frock? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by spree86 View Post
    Don't need buy pink frock? LOL
    that is what the student must wear

I'm a noob but i feel like i improve when i follow some of the seniors here. You can consult master spreehopper for help on that.
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

Quote Originally Posted by bonrya
    I'm a noob but i feel like i improve when i follow some of the seniors here. You can consult master spreehopper for help on that.
    No need for that, Keiko-chan already offering lessons. I can see a huge waiting list forming

Quote Originally Posted by spree86 View Post
    No need for that, Keiko-chan already offering lessons. I can see a huge waiting list forming
    cannot compare to you mistress spree. my fellow girls-in-pink-frocks are swarming over to your house

Quote Originally Posted by spree86

All the BTSS only. Not for true photographers or rocket scientists!!
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast