Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 47891011 LastLast

Thread: Photo Marathon Contest 2004

Well,

This was my submission for My World..Comments people?

Quote Originally Posted by hazelnut
    Congratz to all who got shortlisted and to those who took part and finished the marathon. I think some photos that weren't shortlisted were quite creative too. I guess itz really down to what the judges liked.

This is my shot for 2nd theme 'Island Life'. Billy dubbed it 'Shower Girl'.

Agree with coolcat, this is definitely one of my favourite. The smile of the girl and detail of the splashing water makes it interesting. Congratulations to all the winners!

hazelnut hihi ! thanks. u too u too !

hi Jimmy....maybe i shld make a trip down to the zoo too.....that huge ah meng is too big to resist...:>

Deregistered

Go go go...

yea espn lets jio tintin and the gang to go take a look @ the zoo. then can try my new zoom-er

Deregistered

Wait for tin2 to come back first... heehee I got discount coupons to the zoo. Kekeke.

Quote Originally Posted by LazerLordz
    Well,

This was my submission for My World..Comments people?
    It's hard to view your pic when it's too big. Try resizing your pic first.

Quote Originally Posted by valska
    As they all say, imitation is the best form of flattery. In some way or another, our styles are influenced by the pictures we see, conciously and subconciously. So, I don't see what's wrong with your style. I think it's great that you incorporate interesting angles into your shots.

The best part about it, is that you also think about your shots. I enjoyed reading about your experience with that photo. I guess that just makes the picture different.

Like this shot too, btw.
    Thanks valska.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75
    duckizz, when all of us were waiting for the results at 9pm, i was joking with the "sentosa newbies". when the MC was saying that jonathan drake would be explaining why the winning photos were selected, i turned ard and said to them, "You know wat will be the answer? he's gonna say 'becos i like.'"

so, at the end of the day, it boils down to dat. i agreed with espn and scanner. some of the winning shots were like "huh?" to me. then there are those money shots dat were rejected. beats me....

as scanner has said, i enjoyed shooting with frens thru out the day and not so much abt the marathon itself, which IMO, was quite poorly runned and the themes left much to be desired.

Have to agree with you. I think the jugdes did not grade to the theme of the marathon. I think the least they could do is explain why they pick the picture as the winner.

Overall, i fell that the best theme was the first and the second one. the last one is a bit of a disappointment. "Singapore Idol" doh?

The 2nd theme have me having the hardest time in thinking. It was a good experience though having to do an "Amazing Race" around Singapore!

Cheers to all who have taken part!!

as opposed to many, i felt that the winners of the three themes had good photographs.

Quote Originally Posted by hazelnut
    Congratz to all who got shortlisted and to those who took part and finished the marathon. I think some photos that weren't shortlisted were quite creative too. I guess itz really down to what the judges liked.

This is my shot for 2nd theme 'Island Life'. Billy dubbed it 'Shower Girl'.

Lily: is this the 'Girl Shower' u were referring to? If so, thanks!

Duckizz: nice meeting u. Congratz once again for your 2nd-prize win!

Hi Hazelnut, I admire your shot very much among many others. What lens did you use? Did you shoot a couple hundreds before getting what you want?

I believe all pictures submitted are worthly of winning a prize or merit, if only they have 360 prizes for everyone of you. I think the Canon vest is a good consolation for everyone who participated. The fact in life is there can be only a few winners. Nevertheless, congrats to all!

Hazelnut : Yup! That's the one! Love it!

I saw the 3 winning photos on today's Digital Life. For the "Singapore Idol" entry by John Crosgrove, isn't he the judge for last year's photo-marathon?

Quote Originally Posted by coolcat

I saw the 3 winning photos on today's Digital Life. For the "Singapore Idol" entry by John Crosgrove, isn't he the judge for last year's photo-marathon?
    yes he was.... and it's "Cosgrove" with 1 r.
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

Quote Originally Posted by coolcat

Do you think it is fair?

shouldnt the competition be within the Pros and the non-Pros category ?
    Since the sign-up actually ask about the category.

Quote Originally Posted by T16
    Do you think it is fair?
    I don't think it's unfair for him to take part cos' he isn't a judge this year, and there are no rules stating that ex-judges are not allowed to take part. Besides, there was supposed to be a pro category, but canon lumped it all together, which is why the prizes are now better than before.

maybe not enugh pros sign up...

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by duckizz
    maybe not enugh pros sign up...
    Yeah pros like duckizz join open competition... that's why... heehee...

Quote Originally Posted by spitfire
    shouldnt the competition be within the Pros and the non-Pros category ?
    Since the sign-up actually ask about the category.
    For this competition, it depended upon the response from the Pros. if there were to be less than 30 Pros taking part, then the competition would only encompass the open category.
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

Quote Originally Posted by Electrin
    yeah I submitted the pregnant tummy shot. Quite disappointed with the organising, but at least I learned something along the way.
    Funny how we didn't see you there! What a pity. Did you see us? Btw, we were all WOWED by your pregnant tummy shot. Totally.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 47891011 LastLast