Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast

Thread: Photo Marathon Contest 2004

I took part last year. The timing is alright because you have about 3 hours for each theme. But it's even better if you have your own transport because traffic on Saturday is usually very busy.

Last years' event, about 600 pre-registered for the competition. Based on the photographs submitted during this pre-registraion round, they narrowed down to about 200 participants. In the end only about 150 turned up.

I have notified the organisers via email about the error in registration page. There's supposed to be an entry where you submit a original photograph for pre-registration.

Do take part. It's fun! Last year, we're all given a free photo-vest and McDonald vouchers too.

Quote Originally Posted by coolcat
    I took part last year. The timing is alright because you have about 3 hours for each theme. But it's even better if you have your own transport because traffic on Saturday is usually very busy.

Last years' event, about 600 pre-registered for the competition. Based on the photographs submitted during this pre-registraion round, they narrowed down to about 200 participants. In the end only about 150 turned up.

I have notified the organisers via email about the error in registration page. There's supposed to be an entry where you submit a original photograph for pre-registration.

Do take part. It's fun! Last year, we're all given a free photo-vest and McDonald vouchers too.
    Hehe, u did not say u were the winner last year?

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Astin
    Hehe, u did not say u were the winner last year?
    We know,we all know

Blog Entries

hmmm.... wat the heck... mebbe i'll go and try too. guess will malu myself tho...
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75
    hmmm.... wat the heck... mebbe i'll go and try too. guess will malu myself tho...
    You must think of the 20D at the finishing line and strive for it, you never know Or maybe think of D2X at the ending point... heehee

I wonder if anyone is going to submit shots taken out of the time periods stipulated by the contest rules. Won't be too hard changing in camera date and times if anyone were to check the exif info.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Terence
    I wonder if anyone is going to submit shots taken out of the time periods stipulated by the contest rules. Won't be too hard changing in camera date and times if anyone were to check the exif info.
    I guess that boils down to personal integrity & honesty.

After all, the themes will be given only at that point of time so might help in deterring some offenders.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    You must think of the 20D at the finishing line and strive for it, you never know Or maybe think of D2X at the ending point... heehee
    actually, i wasn't really aiming for the 20D. but, i've been shooting nothing but portraits ever since i got hold of my 300D in apr 04. wat to challenge myself to see if i can learn to shoot other subjects...

terrence, i think there shld be a way for the organisers to check lah. but, espn rightly pointed out. it all boils down to integrity. since the photographic community is so small in singapore, any cheating case won't do wonders for the offenders' reputation.
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

Deregistered

actually, i wasn't really aiming for the 20D. but, i've been shooting nothing but portraits ever since i got hold of my 300D in apr 04. wat to challenge myself to see if i can learn to shoot other subjects...
    Humble is good Must learn from you a lot.

Blog Entries

Humble is good Must learn from you a lot.
    pls lah... u make me sound like a saint like dat...

why not sign up too.... even if u have to wear a canon vest??

i just signed up. darn... no way to contact coolcat and asked her for some competition tips. she dun have PM function.

Deregistered

pls lah... u make me sound like a saint like dat...

why not sign up too.... even if u have to wear a canon vest??

i just signed up. darn... no way to contact coolcat and asked her for some competition tips. she dun have PM function.
    Who said I never sign up? I'll just wear a Nikon vest over the Canon's one

Blog Entries

Who said I never sign up? I'll just wear a Nikon vest over the Canon's one

i'm sure the organisers will understand...

great! i've a fren along for the ride! i guess i'll be comandeering my wife's car for the whole day. i can always give u a ride!

now just hope i get selected to join....
    Last edited by nightwolf75; 22nd September 2004 at 02:05 PM.

Deregistered

I'm not the only Nikonian no problem, the other Nikonian also has licence, we can take turns driving.

huh? I don't PM function? How come I don't have?

I just activated it. I thought this function is always on by default

I dun see any thingy for the photo upload le.. only the registration form

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jer76
    I dun see any thingy for the photo upload le.. only the registration form
    dat means its correctly submitted. think a number of CSers who tried to sign up earlier met the problem described. coolcat already mailed the organisers and looks like they solved the problem.

Lightbulb

fine prints?

i wuz hoping to find out from someone who has taken part b4, to find out how the competition is like? from the time schedules, its really tight...
    i took part in last year's competition. what do you like to know?

i also registered.

question - how to submit 1600x1200 when im using my NIKON D70??

i do not have a nikon vest, so maybe just wear a yellow T-shirt with Nikon written all over

Taken from the site

"Participants retain the rights to images submitted for the Digital Photo Marathon 2004. The organisers reserve the right to use any submitted photograph for promotion and advertising for the Digital Photo Marathon (including public display, print and online publications, and event promotional materials) and other events without compensation to the photographer."

pardon my poor command in english, so do we still own the copy right of the photos we summitted? Cause I have the impression that 2nd statement contradict the 1st. Pls enlighten me. Thanks.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast