Thread: tripod mount for ipad2

Default tripod mount for ipad2

Hi,

Anyone know where to buy a ipad2 tripod mount is sg ?

A plamp may not be suitable.

Thanks
    photobucket.com/yardennis

Default Re: tripod mount for ipad2

...why on earth would you want to do that?
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Long exposure on ipad may be.

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae
    Lol Rashkae it seems like you are shocked and confused by that. But I think everybody just wants to try new stuff.

my goodness..am i missing something.. would be shocking to see 1. is there even 1 for iphone yet? ^^

Blog Entries

Yes there are tripod mounts for iPhones, but the camera on the iPad .... ???

There is also the SLR lens mount for iPhone. Would like to see that for iPad too. Thinking how to hold it. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by GRbenji View Post
    Long exposure on ipad may be.
    Well, again, why on earth would you want to do that? Even a several-years-old K750i has a better camera than the iPad... and SE released a tripod mount for it!!
    Alpha

Well, again, why on earth would you want to do that? Even a several-years-old K750i has a better camera than the iPad... and SE released a tripod mount for it!!
    because that was a cybershot camera. so for a camera, a tripod is necessary, no?

anyways.. i bet. it's more for skype and video conferencing that TS needs the tripod.

It wasn't me who wanted to do this but I guess different people do different things. I believe there are things that you do that people would also like to ask why, like some of your replies (just an example ).

Quote Originally Posted by GRbenji View Post
    It wasn't me who wanted to do this but I guess different people do different things. I believe there are things that you do that people would also like to ask why, like some of your replies (just an example ).
    Those I can explain.
    Alpha

anything like that in SG? not a tripod mount per se but a accessory that can be mounted onto existing tripod where DSLR sit on a ball head and iPad on that side.

You can try finding two way clamps instead. One clamp on iPad the other one clamp to a rail that can be mounted on tripod. Something like that no need dedicated tripod holder. Will not be surprised if china invents it and sell on eBay.

Quote Originally Posted by gundamseed84 View Post
    You can try finding two way clamps instead. One clamp on iPad the other one clamp to a rail that can be mounted on tripod. Something like that no need dedicated tripod holder. Will not be surprised if china invents it and sell on eBay.
    one word, FUGLY.

You can always choose not to use it anyway....is just a suggestion for cheap alternative.

Just sharing as was looking for something like this as well sometime back. Rather than get something dedicated, Just decided to improvise with existing equipment. Not pretty - but I use a reversed old Gorillapod SLR with a magic arm - a lot of flexibility for placement and viewing angles. usually use it with a clamp rather than attaching it directly to a tripod so you can mount it to the tripod legs, a light stand, a laptop stand, etc. I don't use the camera itself, but the iPad is a lighter alternative to a laptop (with a longer battery life to boot) for wireless tethering via Shuttersnitch and the WFT-E5.