Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Just a small enquiry and would appreciate some expertise answers

Default Re: Just a small enquiry and would appreciate some expertise answers

Quote Originally Posted by Irvine View Post
    ahhh... i didnt click on the link to read more. pardon my ignorance... but 2 pro bodies? damn it's gonna be a challenge... for glass get 3 50 f/1.8d can anot? :x
    ROFL!!!! So body how? 2 x D300???

Quote Originally Posted by Nostalgraphy View Post
    Yea I notice that too but unfair, D7000 not in the list!!! LOL.... but aiya, either way I am far far far far far from it la. And also the Cat 1-3, means I can forget it cos I am doing this only as a hobby.
    D7000 is more like a serious hobbyist kind of cam I think. And being pro doesn't mean you have to own all those

ok let's try registering at NPS with 2 d100/d200/d300(s) n 3 50 f/1.8d the most budget way to be part of NPS :x
    All the bodies have lifespan one, they won't be considered for NPS after a period of time

Quote Originally Posted by spree86 View Post
    D7000 is more like a serious hobbyist kind of cam I think. And being pro doesn't mean you have to own all those
    totally agree. Sometimes, my friend made better shots with her iPhone than me with my D7K. Anyway, Catchlights say it well, not about the gears but enjoy your moment of shooting, that is more important.

Quote Originally Posted by kimazuru View Post
    Hi all
    I'm a canon user and thinking of changing system to D700 currently
    Kaypoh... why you switching camp har? What did you not like about Canon?

Quote Originally Posted by UncleFai View Post
    Kaypoh... why you switching camp har? What did you not like about Canon?
    Maybe not wat he/she not like about Canon but more of what he/she like more about Nikon? Sometimes its as simple as change of personal preference, i dun tink any camera brand can be said to be superior in every aspect over another. Alot of ppl jump btw C and N camps.

Quote Originally Posted by Kipling88 View Post
    Maybe not wat he/she not like about Canon but more of what he/she like more about Nikon? Sometimes its as simple as change of personal preference, i dun tink any camera brand can be said to be superior in every aspect over another. Alot of ppl jump btw C and N camps.
    Just beware of the "GRASS IS ALWAYS GREENER ON THE OTHER SIDE" syndrome.

NB: I am in the Nikon camp.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nostalgraphy

Dun have to feel bad, bro, the 18-55 non VR SUCKS!!! haha... at least to me la (and there is a possibility that it is my fault). My prints show bad distortion and images are not sharp. I sold it and may want to consider the Sigma 17-50 f/2.8 - unless this Sat win toto, then buy Nikon 16-35 LOLz.

BTW, all the Nikon gurus here, how do you actually define PRO lenses in Nikon? e.g. is my 28-300 pro? is 24-120 f/4 pro? to me, both answers are like no. But I suspect the golden ring is the trade mark for it, fair statement?
    I find it to be quite good ley. Quite reasonably sharp to my eyes. Maybe you got a bad copy? It is a ED Lens ley. LOL.

With regards to what is pro or non pro lenses, Nikon maintains a list actually. You should be able to find it somewhere in the NPS requirements.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten

So that means 50mm f/1.8D is PRO GLASS!
    There is actually a list out there in some Nikon website. I've seen it before. Can try to google for it.

And yes, they have effective dates for the cam and lens models. For eg d200 and 80-200 are no longer considered.
    Last edited by daredevil123; 13th July 2011 at 10:23 PM.

anyone who are keen to join Nikon Professional Services,

here is the details..

http://nps.nikon.com.sg/pages/requirement.asp

note, any kit lenses are not consider as pro grade lenses.

D70, D80, D90 or D7000 are not consider pro grade bodies.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

ok let's try registering at NPS with 2 d100/d200/d300(s) n 3 50 f/1.8d the most budget way to be part of NPS :x
    D100 is not consider, maybe support is no longer available.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Actually, what are the benefits of joining NPS?

Snob appeal. You still need to pay for everything.

Not sure, but for sure first class treatment?

Lending of equipment when yours are being serviced?

Maybe free cleaning services? (just guessing)
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

.... I think it's just bragging rights ...

Snob appeal. You still need to pay for everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    Not sure, but for sure first class treatment?

Lending of equipment when yours are being serviced?

Maybe free cleaning services? (just guessing)
    Quote Originally Posted by jamboree View Post
    .... I think it's just bragging rights ...
    That's all? Haha I thought got exclusive benefits

That's all? Haha I thought got exclusive benefits
    I'm just guessing! I'm not in it so I whatever is claimed by me is unfound. You need to ask those who are really in it...
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

well this is what they stated on their webbie:

NPS Singapore aims to keep photographers shooting through priority and privileged services including free sensor cleaning*, priority repairs and equipment loans, decrease their TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) through support and equipment loans at major sporting events, and foster a community and network where Nikon professionals can continuously work with Nikon to advance the art of photography through a combination of skills and equipment.

*Services provided may vary by NPS office and by event. Certain services may not be availabla in all countries.
    original link: http://nps.nikon.com.sg/pages/aboutus.asp
    Google is your friend. Make use of it.

well this is what they stated on their webbie:

original link: http://nps.nikon.com.sg/pages/aboutus.asp
    Nikon now charges a service fee even when item is under warranty:

"All costs, including mail, transportation, insurance and other incidental charges in relation to repair work, are at your expense. All other claims of any nature are not covered."

NPS waives this?

Nikon now charges a service fee even when item is under warranty:

"All costs, including mail, transportation, insurance and other incidental charges in relation to repair work, are at your expense. All other claims of any nature are not covered."

NPS waives this?
    I would guess so

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast