Thread: is there such a thing as fastest AF ?

Default is there such a thing as fastest AF ?

i recalled playing with a few digital cams in comex and found their AF slow to my context and also some ads boasting the fastest AF in it's class etc.

is there really a fastest AF for digital cams ?

Those are relative (in it's class) facts, not absolute

Quote Originally Posted by acetylcholine
    i recalled playing with a few digital cams in comex and found their AF slow to my context and also some ads boasting the fastest AF in it's class etc.

is there really a fastest AF for digital cams ?

Just remember fast or slow is relative terms. Depend on what standard you compare to.

As yes, there will always be a 'fastest af' camera in its class.

Fastest (absolute) AF: Focus on d=x ,t=0 where subject, x, is at distance d, and where t is time.
    The equipment can only bring you so far - the rest of the photographic journey is done by you.

Quote Originally Posted by nickmak
    Fastest (absolute) AF: Focus on d=x ,t=0 where subject, x, is at distance d, and where t is time.

Learn how to gauge distances with your eyes and you'll have the fastest focussing camera (whatever it is), even in low light.

I have some cameras that take pics the moment the shutter button is depressed. zero AF time. these generally cost less than $100 But don't believe everything a manufacturer boasts. even if a camera is "fastest in its class" now, it'll be overtaken soon. and generally, manufacturers don't state what "class" the camera belongs to. it's bst to try out and see if you like the AF performance.
    Last edited by mpenza; 21st September 2004 at 09:07 AM.

no offence but i cant help but feel the answer is going to be abit qian bian hehe

Quote Originally Posted by acetylcholine
    no offence but i cant help but feel the answer is going to be abit qian bian hehe
    maybe I misunderstood your question. Do you need to rephrase so that you get meaningful answer?

Quote Originally Posted by Snowcrash
    maybe I misunderstood your question. Do you need to rephrase so that you get meaningful answer?
    that was sarcastic wasnt it?

what i meant was that i guessed yr answer is going to be like " the human eye"