Thread: before the sunset

Default before the sunset

_MG_1693 by kelchew1, on Flickr

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
    Mainly composition and color, still a newbie here
    2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
    Hope to get the smooth water surface, using nd filter
    3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
    Evening, before the sunset down (when to a place that i cant get to see the sun)
    4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
    The whole pic look plain is the composition correct?
    Canon| Tokina(UWA) | newly added a Tamron(walkabout)

Default Re: before the sunset

I find that the interesting part of the photo is the area of the right with the purple hues... i like how the curve of the shoreline creates a leading line towards the lilac sky. Unfortunately I don't find anything eye-catching about left half of the image; it doesn't really add anything to the picture and doesn't give the feeling of negative space either. I think that the colours can be saturated somewhat.

If you want to show smooth water surface, you should go closer to the rocks so that there will be a contrast. This far out, everything just looks flat to me. Good attempt though!

Default Re: before the sunset

Thanks xenith,
    Now u mention, the left side really look abit boring,
    For the glass part, cos it all slope, so didn't try to go lower(near the rock)
    Maybe next time I try to go down and take a pic over there
    Thanks for the c&c

Quote Originally Posted by xenith0 View Post
    I find that the interesting part of the photo is the area of the right with the purple hues... i like how the curve of the shoreline creates a leading line towards the lilac sky. Unfortunately I don't find anything eye-catching about left half of the image; it doesn't really add anything to the picture and doesn't give the feeling of negative space either. I think that the colours can be saturated somewhat.

If you want to show smooth water surface, you should go closer to the rocks so that there will be a contrast. This far out, everything just looks flat to me. Good attempt though!
    Canon| Tokina(UWA) | newly added a Tamron(walkabout)