Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 32 of 32

Thread: 2nd photographer!!

  1. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by babetrice

    I guess before that he is quite popular and stuff but she told me he was recently being complained in the Malay newspaper. And they confronted the photographer to ask for refund and stuff but he refused to do so and ask them to trust him and all. So she got no choice but to ask me to help her in case anything happen.
    Well then that's too bad. If he does shows up, try observing him for awhile, if he's friendly, go ahead and talk to him. Asking permission to shoot and tips. If he's got a black cloud above his head then try staying away from him. Don't get in the limelight too, he will get jealous.

    No photographers want any other photogs taking photos on his event. Especially weddings.

    I'm no pro, just experiences.
    Last edited by Sgdevilzz; 9th July 2011 at 11:39 AM.

  2. #22

    Default Re: 2nd photographer!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Sgdevilzz View Post
    Well then that's too bad. If he does shows up, try observing him for awhile, if he's friendly, go ahead and talk to him. Asking permission to shoot and tips. If he's got a black cloud above his head then try staying away from him. Don't get in the limelight too, he will get jealous.

    No photographers want any other photogs taking photos on his event. Especially weddings.

    I'm no pro, just experiences.
    Mainly weddings lah, in other events like sports, festivities, shows and galas etc, pro photog expects to see other photogs. It's only weddings that pro photogs get concerned coz too many cook spoils the soup.

  3. #23

    Default Re: 2nd photographer!!

    Quote Originally Posted by babetrice View Post
    I did 2 before but I just doing it as a side photographer. 1 Chinese and 1 Malay wedding. And I recently helped a friend to take her son 1st bday too!!
    ohh.. i see.
    then i guess u can just say give a token of appreciation. no need to tie down like a per hour or per event rate i guess..
    n also must put down some disclaimers that you do not have much experience n etc etc upfront.

    that's what i told my cousins when they asked me to be the second photographer.

  4. #24

    Default Re: 2nd photographer!!

    Offer to do it for free. Any form of money given to u by ur friend will be a token of gratitude. This will improve relationship. U will not be so stress for not producing top notch pictures.

    I have done wedding shots for both of my cousin. I just bring my camera along to shoot even if they didnt ask me to. Take it as an experience and learn the tradition at the same time. The photographers are ok with me shooting along them but just do not get in their way. Give way to them even if u have to sacrifice a good shot.

    Most of the time relatives would want someone they know to shoot photos for them as they can get the photos faster and easier, rather than from the main photographer which they have no contact with.

    Dress nicely and groom urself until very handsome! The bride will look more often candidly into ur camera rather than the sweaty normal t-shirt photographer.

    At the dinner I just take a few shots and the rest the main photographer will take over.
    Last edited by JJLoke; 10th July 2011 at 01:19 AM.
    Canon 6D | Canon 450D + Grip | EF 28 F1.8 | EF 85 F1.8 | Nissin 866 Flash

  5. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zelot
    ohh.. i see.
    then i guess u can just say give a token of appreciation. no need to tie down like a per hour or per event rate i guess..
    n also must put down some disclaimers that you do not have much experience n etc etc upfront.

    that's what i told my cousins when they asked me to be the second photographer.
    She know I am not as experience but she just want extra pictures to be kept for memories in case anything happen.

  6. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    North..
    Posts
    216

    Default Re: 2nd photographer!!

    usually for me, as uncle bob or main photographer, i will make sure i communicate with the other photographer sothat we do not get into each other's way. I also make it very clear to the couple and their parents etc, to look at mine camera (if i am main) or don look at my camera (if i am uncle bob) sothat the pictures will not turn out people looking at different camera.

  7. #27

    Default Re: 2nd photographer!!

    Quote Originally Posted by babetrice View Post
    She know I am not as experience but she just want extra pictures to be kept for memories in case anything happen.
    that's good.. at least the expectations have been set

  8. #28

    Default Re: 2nd photographer!!

    hi all,

    Know of any one who needs a second photographer?
    I charge whatever market rate charge. I haven get any website set up yet, but you
    can request to meet me up for interview b4 discuss about charges. pls pm me or text me @93849248
    Last edited by leumasfotos; 23rd July 2011 at 11:02 AM.

  9. #29

    Default Re: 2nd photographer!!

    Quote Originally Posted by leumasfotos View Post
    hi all,

    Know of any one who needs a second photographer?
    I charge whatever market rate charge. I haven get any website set up yet, but you
    can request to meet me up for interview b4 discuss about charges. pls pm me or text me @93849248
    Post your advertisement elsewhere. You hijack people's thread makes people worried if hire you will you hijack people's clients or not. First impressions are lasting. Go learn some manners and ethics first.

  10. #30

    Default Re: 2nd photographer!!

    Quote Originally Posted by leumasfotos View Post
    hi all,

    Know of any one who needs a second photographer?
    I charge whatever market rate charge. I haven get any website set up yet, but you
    can request to meet me up for interview b4 discuss about charges. pls pm me or text me @93849248
    That's not very nice.. Hijacking thread for your own purposes.

  11. #31

    Default Re: 2nd photographer!!

    so sorry about that.
    Last edited by leumasfotos; 24th July 2011 at 01:27 PM.

  12. #32

    Default Re: 2nd photographer!!

    sorry. was inexperience

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •