Thread: which lens you will use for carnival (indoor and outdoor) and big conference

Default which lens you will use for carnival (indoor and outdoor) and big conference

hi there

I am planning to rent some lens for a carnival and a big conference ( inside a 1.2k ppl auditorium)
    I dont think 1 lens is enough.

I have 3 lens in mind - 50mm 1.4, 20mm 2.8 and 70-200 2.8

Please comments

thx

Default Re: which lens you will use for carnival (indoor and outdoor) and big conference

what kind of photos are you looking to capture?

group shots? candids?

ideal case for me would be

1x FF + 2470 / 1x Crop + 17-55
    1x FF/Crop + 70-200

Default Re: which lens you will use for carnival (indoor and outdoor) and big conference

oh thats a gd reminder, i will be having more candid shots and some small group shots.

and btw i m using a 7D (1.6x)

Normally for this kind of events especially carnival you won't have the time to change lens hence the idea of having 2 bodies, 1 with a general zoom and the other with tele zoom.

oh for the carnival is a free and easy thing. i just want to capture the moments of my family members. Thus i believe i wont be using 2 bodies

Than just use a general walkabout zoom would be sufficient.

the problem is that the conference and the carnival are on the same day, if not i can just get the 50mm and wide angle will do.

i think a 70-200 would be overkill. if the carnival lasts till night and dim lighting conditions (assuming you're still there) using the 200mm end would result in blurry images due to handshake from slow shutter speed (if you're not using high ISO or on auto ISO) or your hand's tiring from the weight.

since you're using a 1.6x crop 7D, the 24-70 would be a better lens to use, along with the 50 1.4. also another reason is that you don't really need 200mm to capture your family members. common sense will tell you that 1) 200mm for a conference would almost be overkill and 2) shooting your family members at 200mm gives you a harder time since people'll be walking in and outta the frame and being far away you can't do much.