Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mozilla-Firefox

Quote Originally Posted by kop
    I've just downloaded and tried out. though just a short period of time, i'm quite happy with the speed of this browser. IE really out for me now
    Yes! Another convert!

BTW, Thunderbird anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by grandrake
    Yes! Another convert!

BTW, Thunderbird anyone?
    The junk mail controls of TB are pretty nifty.

i don't quite like this mozilla...cos just now i downloaded and it made my PC hang!!!

and the tabbing is not that friendly...

i am using crazy browser now...though still IE but can same time open alot of window under one browser....

for thoese of you who switched early on.. give the latest IE version a chance too. After SP2, it has caught up with it's ad blocking nonsense and has most of the known bugs patched but of coz, still doesn't have the tabbed browsing .

Quote Originally Posted by ninelives
    dont say untill so good as if firefox is flawless. Just look at the screenshot i posted earlier.
    But you must admit, given the people who wrote 'Outlook web access', it's not suprising there are issues.

I'm told that Outlook Web access uses a great pile of Microsoft Active X controls and other proprietory hooks to make Outlook Web look as close as possible to the real outlook. It is not 'W3C HTML' by a long shot.

If you are not running I.E/Windows, it's look comes out different as it doesn't have access to all Microsoft's own externsions anymore, it has to stick to more 'standard' HTML tables and forms.

I also gather they don't but nearly as much effort into that side as they do their own interface.

Outlook Web access is really a 'firewall avoidance' tool for when people can't use Outlook itself to talk to their exchange server when travelling.

(We had some people advocating exchange servers say that the web interface would solve every ones problems with 'foreign' access - until they actually saw Mac/Safari, Linux/Mozilla access it..)

Could say the same for HotMail given who owns it...

If a site doesn't work with Mozilla, I move on. My computer doesn't even have Windows on it any more. Most of the alternative browsers on Linux all use the Mozilla core, so the only real alternative is KDE's konquer (The KHTML engine from that browser is supposed to be what is under Apple's Safari)

The promise of the WWW was access to information any where at any time with any 'W3C' complient software.
    Last edited by matthew; 24th October 2004 at 05:38 AM.

Juz downloaded Firefox..............like the cool changable themes..............

Hate the fact that my yahoo! tabs are gone...................

Hate the fact that many websites' icons cannot load.............

Like the tabbing............opening many pages at one go............usually this messes up my taskbar..............

Like the way the tabs can be configured to have your fave bookmarks..........clubsnap at one click now...............

Like the fact that it remembers my passwords............well, some paranoia peeps will hate this.................

Last but not least............cool.........COOL........CoCl.... ..............

i prefer my slimbrowser

using it for nearly a yr when and has been my main browser, but sometime still have to use IE if the site doesn't supports other broswers well

Been using Firefox for quite sometime. The lure is really more on the tabbed browsing capability for me since Google Toolbar and the updated IE do quite a nifty work on popup blocking.

Anyway, I hope the Firefox community keeps on improving the product, specially since Scobleizer posted just recently on his blog that:

Dean Hachamovitch the other day showed me prototypes of the next Internet Explorer. I got to see them before he even showed them to other executives. He told me I could say about that much (I wanted to post screen captures on my blog, but he turned down that request, bummer). I'll add in that if they ship about half of what they showed me that I'll uninstall Firefox. Of course, I'm guessing that it'll probably be a year before any of us will get any bits to look at and I'm sure that Asa, Ben and the other devs over on the Firefox team won't twiddle their fingers. It sure will be an interesting competition.
    In a way, thanks to Firefox, IE is once again evolving.

:Later,

i dun use it...but i know ppl who swear by it...perhaps should try it out soon ya haha..

Mozilla's great! Try it! Firefox requires more system resource to run than mozilla, so if ur using a not so high end pc, mozilla will be more recommended.

And there's also a very good free plugin for mozilla...mouse gestures...works like opera...but is very customizable and very useful when surfing!

Quote Originally Posted by Witness
    i dun use it...but i know ppl who swear by it...perhaps should try it out soon ya haha..
    Try it..you'll love the speed. I'm using thunderbird for email now.

any one tried this ?

I am using it i after i downloaded firefox and tried, i still prefer this crazy browser...

try?

Quote Originally Posted by tantingchin
    any one tried this ?

I am using it i after i downloaded firefox and tried, i still prefer this crazy browser...

try?
    yes y not?

I vaguely remember another thread about photographs being leeched ............

Quote Originally Posted by kyrie100
    wow kop, you convert very fast hor. First firefox now thunderbird. *lol* Strange reason but I can send mail from thunderbird but not from outlook express and same config. Strange indeed...
    hee....everything must try ma since ppl say is good just try only not convert la

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    I vaguely remember another thread about photographs being leeched ............

what does it got to do with firefox??
    Objection !!!

Ehh... issit just me?? or there seems to be a lot of Javascript initiation errors here

Quote Originally Posted by ninelives
    what does it got to do with firefox??
    That screen dump of OWA that you posted was mine, posted at the FireFox Forums ......

No problems ...........

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    That screen dump of OWA that you posted was mine, posted at the FireFox Forums ......

No problems ...........
    ok, removed.
    Objection !!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast