Thread: Recommendations on DC

Ultimax
    Guests

Default Recommendations on DC

Hi all,

I'm very interested in digital photographing. I wanted to get myself a DC very much. But there are too many in the market to choose. Can you all give me some recommendation on which kind of DC to start with for a beginner??
    I like the Canon IXUS V2 and 330 very much. Recently, I saw the Olympus C3040 and I like it too. Hope to get a good DC below $1000. Thanks for all advice.

Punkie
    Guests

Default Re: Recommendations on DC

Originally posted by Ultimax
    Hi all,

I'm very interested in digital photographing. I wanted to get myself a DC very much. But there are too many in the market to choose. Can you all give me some recommendation on which kind of DC to start with for a beginner??
    I like the Canon IXUS V2 and 330 very much. Recently, I saw the Olympus C3040 and I like it too. Hope to get a good DC below $1000. Thanks for all advice.
    Hi. I'd also bought my first DC recently. Very interesting i must say.

For a beginner who has never had any experiences with cameras, the Canon A40 is a very good choice. Can learn alot from it. And also very reasonably priced. Best in its class in terms of price : functions. Gives very nice colors too. But if you prioritize sleekness/compactness over functionality then go for the IXUS 330. You'll be paying almost $200 more btw.

My first camera was the A40. Had it for only 2 weeks. Then sold it and got the Olympus C3020 Zoom last week. Very good camera also. So is the price. Paid only $720 w/o GST for it. Very good value for money. You may wanna do a search on my nick to check out some pics i took with it.

Watever your choice may be, have fun shopping for it. Be careful though. Check the camera properly. Scrutinize it. Dont be shy. Hehe. Have fun