Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: need help...

Default Re: need help...

Quote Originally Posted by luckyorange View Post
    hmmm.... dont really get you...
    err... . i think he is refering to the bokeh effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Melvintan244 View Post
    I newbie

so to mi getting a 18-200mm is gd enough...

I just wan to learn to b focus the things i wan to b sharp then the rest of the pic blur...
    Objects that are out of focus are dependent on several things. You can still achieve that effect with your regular kit lens. Read articles, then go out and experiment. You'll learn more that way than us trying to explain it to you.

Don't just go out buying lenses without knowing what you're getting yourself into.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiftymm View Post
    Not sometimes, it's most of the times
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyorange View Post
    sometime i think the price in BnS is abit too -.- hahaha
    Quote Originally Posted by MatCh View Post
    must do a price check for every purchase, regardless whether brand new or from B&S.
    especially for B&S, must determine the price difference whether it is worth to buy brand new or 2nd hand.
    yes i certainly agree.... the prices in BnS are not practical most of the time with only slight differences with respect to the brand new price... no wonder when i post my things at a reasonable price in the BnS i always get ridiculous cuts...

Quote Originally Posted by Melvintan244

I just wan to learn to b focus the things i wan to b sharp then the rest of the pic blur...
    Consider the nifty fifty (50mm f1.4) if you want to achieve that. 18-200 is more like an all purpose travel lens
    Canon EOS 600D | BBB virus carrier

Quote Originally Posted by Melvintan244 View Post
    I newbie

so to mi getting a 18-200mm is gd enough...

Can you please try writing in english instead of smslish? Makes it much easier to understand what you are saying.

What you are trying to achieve is called subject isolation using background blur. Even the 18-55mm kit lens can do it, but it's certainly easier at longer focal lengths.

Remember: There is no such thing as the "bokeh effect".
    Alpha

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12