Page 33 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8232831323334353843 ... LastLast

Thread: D7000 user...fall in!!! Part 2

There's something that pains me much more though. Some have better DSLRs than us. D700, D3, 1D Mk4, and all the other pro cameras. Then next I see them with their "let's light up Istana with flash" skills. Why is it that hobbyists have such good cameras and lenses when serious kiddos are all holding cheaps? T^T

Default Re: D7000 user...fall in!!! Part 2

Quote Originally Posted by seezhijie View Post
    There's something that pains me much more though. Some have better DSLRs than us. D700, D3, 1D Mk4, and all the other pro cameras. Then next I see them with their "let's light up Istana with flash" skills. Why is it that hobbyists have such good cameras and lenses when serious kiddos are all holding cheaps? T^T
    That's because they have mastered the infinity bounce technique

Or maybe they are just trying to light up the foreground

Quote Originally Posted by spree86

That's because they have mastered the infinity bounce technique

Or maybe they are just trying to light up the foreground
    Haha yeah. It's like you flash at the entrance of ION and it'll bounce to the building behind you, which bounces the flash to above the entrance. Right above the entrance, the flash bounces to the building behind you again, and slowly slowly the flash travels all around CBD and onto the moon, then "breaking news. Researchers at NASA have measured an increase in the amount of light reflected by the moon. If this is proven true, many researches regarding our moon will be... *looks to the right* whoa!!! Was that... Popup flash?"

Do I hear a SB-5000000 coming soon???

Quote Originally Posted by iamveryclever
    Do I hear a SB-5000000 coming soon???
    How big is this thing gonna be? Powered by containers of batteries? Wahaha!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SkimMilk View Post
    How big is this thing gonna be? Powered by containers of batteries? Wahaha!!!
    Plug in to your nearest nuclear reactor. hahaha. in serious note, i've seen a too many just using dslr without note to make full use of it. so many a times ppl with their 60D, D5100 etc all in AUTO/P mode..

it has really become an accessory..just look at IT shows..prob due to market demand a lot of photography related stuff are in it shows alr.. owell. haha.
    D7000/ MB-D11/ SB-700/ Tamron 17-50/ Sirui T1204x

I didn't know that the Built-in AF assist lamp won't light up if the focus point is anywhere except center spot. I'm using spot metering mode.

I can't recall for my ex-D90 as I usually turn off the option.
    Bros u all know of the rational behind? Is it normal?

Quote Originally Posted by technoglitz87 View Post
    Plug in to your nearest nuclear reactor. hahaha. in serious note, i've seen a too many just using dslr without note to make full use of it. so many a times ppl with their 60D, D5100 etc all in AUTO/P mode..

it has really become an accessory..just look at IT shows..prob due to market demand a lot of photography related stuff are in it shows alr.. owell. haha.
    Ya, plug it into the nuclear reactor! I've seen people using the upper range DX, FX body in AUTO/P mode, i always wish i was the one who owns the camera. Oh well, it's their money, i can only look at them with tears in my eyes. hahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Astroben View Post
    I didn't know that the Built-in AF assist lamp won't light up if the focus point is anywhere except center spot. I'm using spot metering mode.

I can't recall for my ex-D90 as I usually turn off the option.
    Bros u all know of the rational behind? Is it normal?

My assumption:
    Focus assist lamp is designed to cast light towards the center of the frame.
    If other focus point is selected, no guarantee that the spot can be illuminated by the assist lamp, especially if you're using UWA lens, for example. So safe option is just to turn it off.
    Exploring! :)

Haha yeah. It's like you flash at the entrance of ION and it'll bounce to the building behind you, which bounces the flash to above the entrance. Right above the entrance, the flash bounces to the building behind you again, and slowly slowly the flash travels all around CBD and onto the moon, then "breaking news. Researchers at NASA have measured an increase in the amount of light reflected by the moon. If this is proven true, many researches regarding our moon will be... *looks to the right* whoa!!! Was that... Popup flash?"
    I find it amusing as well, but I guess when you look at the big picture, consumers are entitled to buy whatever camera they want, and use it in whatever way they deem fit
    Just too bad for them if they cannot get the desired photo
    Exploring! :)

Hi all,

Can i know roughly how much does the battery grip now? I remembered seeing in the thread before but still cant find it after reading the first 15 pages. Seems like the price list also is not updated with the battery grip price list for D7000.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shakespeare0905 View Post
    Hi all,

Can i know roughly how much does the battery grip now? I remembered seeing in the thread before but still cant find it after reading the first 15 pages. Seems like the price list also is not updated with the battery grip price list for D7000.
    got a fren got it at 24x b4
    Lousy de My Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by luckyorange View Post
    got a fren got it at 24x b4
    Thanks bro, was tempting to get one.haha

Blog Entries

You ain't see nothing yet... until you see "lets flash up the entire shenton way CBD and flyer while at the barrage".

BTW. I am holding D700 sometimes. Maybe my skill sucks a lot more than yours... I don't know.. I should sell everything and buy a cheap camera so I can be a serious kiddo with skills?
    Last edited by daredevil123; 29th September 2011 at 03:54 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    My assumption:
    If other focus point is selected, no guarantee that the spot can be illuminated by the assist lamp, especially if you're using UWA lens, for example. So safe option is just to turn it off.
    And to add on... even if you are on the center focus point, if you are set to AF-C, the AF illuminator will not light up either.

Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra

My assumption:
    Hmmm... Makes sense

Quote Originally Posted by Shakespeare0905
    Hi all,

Sharing, I just get one mbd11 in Malaysia for sgd200.

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123

And to add on... even if you are on the center focus point, if you are set to AF-C, the AF illuminator will not light up either.
    I'm on AF-S for this one, as always.
    For a moment I tot my new cam is gone!

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123

You ain't see nothing yet... until you see "lets flash up the entire shenton way CBD and flyer while at the barrage".

BTW. I am holding D700 sometimes. Maybe my skill sucks a lot more than yours... I don't know.. I should sell everything and buy a cheap camera so I can be a serious kiddo with skills?
    Actually that's one good way to force your creativity

Quote Originally Posted by ce072300 View Post
    Sharing, I just get one mbd11 in Malaysia for sgd200.
    do they sell sigma lenses cheap too? i intend to get a d7k body from malaysia.