Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why do ppl ask 'which lens suit my xxD'? I don't think its a gd qn.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalpimp

Quite a lot of them yea? Sometimes the comments are already below the belt, but we can always choose to ignore these people and befriend those who are there to help. We have to admit though that some of us get quite lazy and likes to be spoon-fed. That's when piranhas strike. Let's all just be careful.
    Haha! True..u do get some who are just lazy to search before asking..but sometimes they just dunno what to search for if they dunno the technical term..most of the time i see those ppl commenting the same demeaning remarks i noe the thread up the lorry already and u wun see the TS posting anywhere in CS already! Haha!

Default Re: Why do ppl ask 'which lens suit my xxD'? I don't think its a gd qn.

Basically, I believe that most clubsnapper give good advises to newbies, and although some senior tends to be harsher but many time, if newbies was to look past those harsh words, there are some wisdom behind those wisdom.

True... many of us like to be spoonfed (who wouldn't), but sometime don't you think it would be easier if the newbies would look out their questions first before firing up in CS? Of course if there are genunie issues such as the newbies do not know specific terms or how to phase their question in the net, then I believe the seniors here would be pretty helpful (I know, as I ask some pretty silly questions before).

But many times when I saw demeaning comments by the senior, the very same question had been asked umpteenth times by different newbies. So what the senior is actually asking was... please do some homework first, search through CS, and you can be sure to find something there... and if you cannot, then ask the question.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalpimp View Post
    Quite a lot of them yea? Sometimes the comments are already below the belt, but we can always choose to ignore these people and befriend those who are there to help. We have to admit though that some of us get quite lazy and likes to be spoon-fed. That's when piranhas strike. Let's all just be careful.
    Agreed. Seen quite a few "Pro" who like to blast newbies and use newbie long "membership" period as an excuse that newbie should know. I think we all can afford to be more friendly. Of cos there are black sheeps, but i dont think we have reach a stage to blast every newbie noob question.

just my 2 cents.

Dont flame me! :>
    I need to shoot more!

i think, every one started out as a newbie with lots of questions in their minds.

let them ask, if someone is willing to explain to them, good for them. if not, they will learn not to be so spoonfed in time to come and search for their own materials.

do not be so bothered about such questions.

CS should be a friendly place for people to learn and not just Pros discussing higher level of photography skills.
    5DIII + 6D / 16-35 f2.8L II / 24-70 f2.8L II / 70-200 f2.8L II / Σ35A / Σ85

Well there are good sheep and bad sheep...guess the bottomline is that..help if u can or if u wan to..if not then just move on to someone who requires genuine help..even if the person is asking really the stupidest of question..saying demeaning things or sarcastic remarks doesn't make anyone's life better does it?

Well there's no point discussing this anyway..there will always be newbies asking stupid questions and waiting to spoonfed and some seniors will never change their approach..hahahaha!

ya, this is a place to learn and they have to be somewhere to start. the qn is quite common tt they can do a search too. maybe they even need to learn to use search function before learning how to buy lenses?

Quote Originally Posted by Learnphotography View Post
    if u ask which lens is good for my 1.6 crop/full frame, then it would sounds logical.
    i mean 550D,50d, 60d ,7d, 3100d, d90, d7000, k-5 are all crop frame. same sensor size C-1.6, N, P -1.5. whatever lens they are attached to, its the same!
    But of the question provides the same info but neither of them are logical without stating their style of photography and their needs.

And your 2nd statement is kinda misleading.

I believe that the forum is not just a place to learn but to share knowledge, opinons and ideas. Everyone started as a newbie and ideally as they learn from others......they can also share what they know in the forum too. Sadly, we are not living in an ideal world. There will always be black sheep who plainly expect people to spoonfed them and never contribute anything in return.

Just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Learnphotography
    ya, this is a place to learn and they have to be somewhere to start. the qn is quite common tt they can do a search too. maybe they even need to learn to use search function before learning how to buy lenses?
    You have detracted from your original purpose to post this thread. Maybe you would like to address all the opinions replied to you regarding the thread topic?

Quote Originally Posted by spree86 View Post
    You have detracted from your original purpose to post this thread. Maybe you would like to address all the opinions replied to you regarding the thread topic?
    ya, it seems so. haah

You need to understand that many people don't have any idea of what other camera/system is out there (esp. newbies). So its natural to just state the camera they have. Some folks don't know what is a crop camera either.
    There is nothing wrong with it. Some lens options don't exist for some brands, so making known what camera the person has can be relevant.

Eg.
    Newbie : What lens to use for wide views and mostly landscapes?
    Me : 15mm f4
    Newbie : Er... I can't find this lens on the catalog
    Me : This is the Pentax DA15/4 ltd
    Newbie : I am using Nikon D90

So in the end, better to just state the camera model and brand.

Another one :

Newbie : I need a good and cheap 35mm prime for Nikon.
    Me: 35/1.8
    Newbie comes back a week later : Eh! the lens does not work on my camera after I bought it
    Me : Do you have a model with focus motor?
    Newbie : Er... What is focus motor...I am using D5100.

icic, thank you old bird for the effort

Blog Entries

this is not kopitiam. thread closed.
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12