Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 68

Thread: Centrale 8

  1. #21
    Member koplady11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    East forever and ever
    Posts
    166

    Default Re: Centrale 8

    Quote Originally Posted by edutilos- View Post
    Aiyo, why you go Punggol + Tampines, these places are always oversubscribed like siao, especially if you went for the prize ones like Punggol Waterfront...

    To be fair, I can't remember what it is that they said would be the "penalty" for rejecting the unit, but I remember it only reduces the chance.. Sometimes it's just luck. I know people who went for 6 - 7 BTOs that were definitely more than 8 times oversubscribed each time... Needless to say, they ended up buying resale.

    If I'm not wrong, Sale of Balance you can't really choose the specific location, only the town?
    Aiyah, I wanna be near my mummy and daddy lah. We easterners, quite difficult for certain arrangements if too far also. Punggol nearest non-east lor.
    For sale of balance flats, can indicate preferred areas. We put hougang and punggol, and they shortlisted us for punggol.

    Quote Originally Posted by giantcanopy View Post
    You are not stupid la, I share ur frustration. U dun have alot of choice as well do u.
    The last time I also bidded thrice unsuccessfully.. Anyways, next comes the furniture/fridge/TV and all the other household little items in future when it is ready ! More BBB!
    I wanna BBB my 10-22mm, but now, forever cannot own sia! T___T (okok cross fingers can!!)
    Canon EOS 500D | Tamron 17-50mm f2.8 non vc
    and the Kop sings, "You'll never walk alone"

  2. #22
    Senior Member edutilos-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The Universe
    Posts
    5,991

    Default Re: Centrale 8

    Quote Originally Posted by koplady11 View Post
    Aiyah, I wanna be near my mummy and daddy lah. We easterners, quite difficult for certain arrangements if too far also. Punggol nearest non-east lor.
    I also live in the East... Know what you mean, but nothing much to be done about it for now - a lot of the East is mature, so before the recent Tampines/Pasir Ris release all you had to work with were Sale of Balance flats. Punggol also not really that near leh.

  3. #23
    Senior Member edutilos-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The Universe
    Posts
    5,991

    Default Re: Centrale 8

    Quote Originally Posted by giantcanopy View Post
    You are not stupid la, I share ur frustration. U dun have alot of choice as well do u.
    The last time I also bidded thrice unsuccessfully.. Anyways, next comes the furniture/fridge/TV and all the other household little items in future when it is ready ! More BBB!
    Still got renovation.

  4. #24
    Member koplady11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    East forever and ever
    Posts
    166

    Default Re: Centrale 8

    Quote Originally Posted by edutilos- View Post
    I also live in the East... Know what you mean, but nothing much to be done about it for now - a lot of the East is mature, so before the recent Tampines/Pasir Ris release all you had to work with were Sale of Balance flats. Punggol also not really that near leh.
    I mean, nearest among those BTOs then lah. And I work in town. I do give location a consideration, take it as I'm pampered coz mrt journey time barely 15 min (minus waiting time, that's another topic altogether, too much to OT hor). hahaha... Aiyah we just want the best for ourselves lah. So for that, I've paid more than half a million for this tiny space. SIAN. Resale much cheaper yet sellers being damn irritating!!!
    Canon EOS 500D | Tamron 17-50mm f2.8 non vc
    and the Kop sings, "You'll never walk alone"

  5. #25
    Member koplady11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    East forever and ever
    Posts
    166

    Default Re: Centrale 8

    Btw I've compromised on distance by taking Tampines. Coz its too east side for me. Lol!!
    Canon EOS 500D | Tamron 17-50mm f2.8 non vc
    and the Kop sings, "You'll never walk alone"

  6. #26
    Moderator ziploc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Snoopyland
    Posts
    4,577

    Default Re: Centrale 8

    No worries, next time no more DBSS and your flat resale value goes over 1 million then you become millionaire.

  7. #27
    Senior Member edutilos-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The Universe
    Posts
    5,991

    Default Re: Centrale 8

    Quote Originally Posted by ziploc View Post
    No worries, next time no more DBSS and your flat resale value goes over 1 million then you become millionaire.
    That sounds nice, but means nothing if every other equivalent option you have costs a million as well.

  8. #28
    Member koplady11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    East forever and ever
    Posts
    166

    Default Re: Centrale 8

    Eh I'm still on the search for my neighbours!!!!!!

    Btw, sales was bad. Compared to previous launches which sold out like hotcakes.
    Canon EOS 500D | Tamron 17-50mm f2.8 non vc
    and the Kop sings, "You'll never walk alone"

  9. #29
    Senior Member edutilos-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The Universe
    Posts
    5,991

    Default Re: Centrale 8

    Quote Originally Posted by koplady11 View Post
    I mean, nearest among those BTOs then lah. And I work in town. I do give location a consideration, take it as I'm pampered coz mrt journey time barely 15 min (minus waiting time, that's another topic altogether, too much to OT hor). hahaha... Aiyah we just want the best for ourselves lah. So for that, I've paid more than half a million for this tiny space. SIAN. Resale much cheaper yet sellers being damn irritating!!!
    This is kopitiam mar, you can start with a topic like "Someone stole my chicken rice last night" and it can end up being about the latest Transformers movie.

    I haven't seen anyone replying about being your neighbour yet.

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Still wondering where I belong
    Posts
    3,434

    Default Re: Centrale 8

    Quote Originally Posted by koplady11 View Post
    I think people are mistaking me for a "rich" stupid buyer, which... I cannot blame (LOL). Well as a matter of fact, this was our last resort. We had 3 failed BTO ballots (1 had an impossible q no, the other 2 just plain unsuccessful), 1 cancelled HDB appt under sale of balance flats (coz by then fully taken up) and for the past 2 mths we had been actively looking out for resale, only for our counter-offered COV ($46k at its highest) to be rejected by seller/seller's agent. Technically, we were at a point of desperation, anytime longer we stick it out, COV's gonna just increase two-fold eventually. We were thinking EC as a more viable option, but we not that cash-rich lah! Wahpiang, how much sia the 15%???

    I actually had a papercut holding the Centrale 8 booklet last Sat. My sis said, its true its a sign, they're gonna cut ur blood for this. PITY US CAN!!!
    I never consider you rich or anything... as long as u think its what u can afford its no problem... its also good that you gotten a flat... i know many still dun...

    well just to let you know... i got my BTO back in 2008 june... this is after 10 tries i think, i lost count...and i got it after a visit to my MP... though HDB rejected but some how i got a queue number good enough to select a flat next time round...and im still waiting for my keys... so your colleague is better than me... back then there were much much less BTO releases... and the COV was 30K i think...

    it all comes down to luck and how long you willing to wait for it...

    back to the EC thingie... only 5% cash... the rest CPF.... you can afford 46K COV why not ?

    Anyway u got a flat liao so all the best...
    Gallery|Baby gallery
    I have become an expert in cleaning poo

  11. #31
    Member koplady11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    East forever and ever
    Posts
    166

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flowerpot

    I never consider you rich or anything... as long as u think its what u can afford its no problem... its also good that you gotten a flat... i know many still dun...

    well just to let you know... i got my BTO back in 2008 june... this is after 10 tries i think, i lost count...and i got it after a visit to my MP... though HDB rejected but some how i got a queue number good enough to select a flat next time round...and im still waiting for my keys... so your colleague is better than me... back then there were much much less BTO releases... and the COV was 30K i think...

    it all comes down to luck and how long you willing to wait for it...

    back to the EC thingie... only 5% cash... the rest CPF.... you can afford 46K COV why not ?

    Anyway u got a flat liao so all the best...
    Haha. Cpf not enuff Liao for ec. The 5% for centrale 8 plus stamp duty n lawyer fees is already close to that 46k. Anything more, I'm really eating grass everyday. Haha.

    Wah 10 times!! And who was ur mp? Actually I didn't make the effort to go meet mine. Though I think i shd've, i wont know how HDB will treat him now that he's LTK and I'm moving out of this beloved grc in a few yrs. *avoids any politics, just declaring only*
    Canon EOS 500D | Tamron 17-50mm f2.8 non vc
    and the Kop sings, "You'll never walk alone"

  12. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    sing
    Posts
    3,353

    Default Re: Centrale 8

    Let us know by your own calculations, how many years you and your spouse will need to work to pay off the silly price.

    The idiot wanted $880,000. Maybe he lost money in the casino, so looking for other victims to scalp.

    Now reduce price a little, he's unhappy after being scolded by so many people.

    Will there be cutting corners in view of lower price? Will your flat have lousy finishes, leaks from bathroom upstairs, 1000 and 1 problems etc...
    When you complain, he may say...but that is what you must expect to get for the lowered price.
    Last edited by ricohflex; 7th July 2011 at 12:52 AM.

  13. #33

    Default Re: Centrale 8

    Quote Originally Posted by koplady11 View Post
    I wanna BBB my 10-22mm, but now, forever cannot own sia! T___T (okok cross fingers can!!)
    Hubby not giving that to u as a housewarming gift?
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

  14. #34
    Member koplady11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    East forever and ever
    Posts
    166

    Default Re: Centrale 8

    Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    Let us know by your own calculations, how many years you and your spouse will need to work to pay off the silly price.

    The idiot wanted $880,000. Maybe he lost money in the casino, so looking for other victims to scalp.

    Now reduce price a little, he's unhappy after being scolded by so many people.

    Will there be cutting corners in view of lower price? Will your flat have lousy finishes, leaks from bathroom upstairs, 1000 and 1 problems etc...
    When you complain, he may say...but that is what you must expect to get for the lowered price.
    Hmm, think i already mentioned I got the 4-room and not the 5-room. The only thing is its equivalent price is of a 5-room in tampines (the ulu parts of tampines ie. coz the ones nearer to central are abt 600k+ incl COV) but a much smaller unit. So, would u consider a silly price if I were to pay the same price for a 5-room flat which essentially will come out more in terms of reno and furnishing over a larger area?

    Understand and appreciate ur concern. Me n hubby may sound like typical working couple who would work a lifetime paying off our house mortgage, but its not a place here, I feel, for me to let everyone know what our future plans are?

    Look, I'm not trying to justify the price, coz the price is definitely inflated, everyone knows. That's why we worked out the finances within our means, getting the place we can afford, although beyond our initial budget, which we intentionally set way lower than how much we can afford. But this is the max for now. I'm not putting in any more extra cash into cpf to pay off the mthly payments. That, we controlled on. Just bo bian wif a smaller space lor.

    On the topic of complaints and worse defects, its really nothing new for dbss flats. Even those at boon keng, I heard of some really bad defects, like worse than Sim Lian's cases. So yah, its inevitable. We are Singaporeans, we will complain nonetheless. Lol!

    Quote Originally Posted by zaren View Post
    Hubby not giving that to u as a housewarming gift?
    I hope to see it as PRE-housewarming. Maybe bday??? This yr my bday the most special date of the yr leh. Hahahahah...
    Canon EOS 500D | Tamron 17-50mm f2.8 non vc
    and the Kop sings, "You'll never walk alone"

  15. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    sing
    Posts
    3,353

    Default Re: Centrale 8

    Saw this in today's news 9 Jul 2011.
    http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking...ry_688842.html

    Can you check whether you are under a similar clause to impose high penalty for pull-out?

  16. #36

    Default Re: Centrale 8

    S$500,000 and I can sell you my 8th floor Pasir Ris EA @ 149 sq meter
    Canon 30D, G11, 50 f1.8II, 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L IS, EX580II

  17. #37
    Member koplady11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    East forever and ever
    Posts
    166

    Default Re: Centrale 8

    Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    Saw this in today's news 9 Jul 2011.
    http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking...ry_688842.html

    Can you check whether you are under a similar clause to impose high penalty for pull-out?
    If we pull out now, we will stand to lose 25% of the option fee that we have paid. I heard of this case, couple cancelled off their wedding plans.

    Quote Originally Posted by airfins View Post
    S$500,000 and I can sell you my 8th floor Pasir Ris EA @ 149 sq meter
    Not as if u would have let me buy it without COV? Lol!!!

    Btw, COV is really the issue nowadays. I noe I have gotten my unit with a 5% deposit and incl the stamp duty, it'd be equivalent to a 40k cov. But honestly, thats not enuff in today's demand. 2 months ago, the COV was probably doable at $30k, though at low floors, now even low floors usually demand at least 35k.

    And its not just about the cov. Reno also plays a part at to what state the flat is acquired at. We ever viewed a 4-room at 107sqm (incl excess area) at Tampines, somewhere along the MRT tracks but a considerable walking distance of about 10 min. It was a corridor unit, faces setting sun and was at an original state ie. must reno everything and change wiring. It was valued at $450k and asking COV was $50k for the reasons that it is walking dist to MRT. In all, the buyer will have to buy the 30-yr-old flat at $500k and spend another $30-$40k to reno entirely coz even flooring was cmi.

    I compared my new flat with that unit. I know its smaller but its a new unit after all. I can spend another $10k at most to furnish and do minor reno, lighting and stuff. So I've paid about $30k more than that resale flat for a newer unit that's even nearer to the interchange. That doesn't sound that bad actually.

    In addition, husband and I have been thru a whole emotional ride just coz of housing. At this point, we're only thankful we have a roof over our heads rather than none at all. And that's the bottomline why we decided to purchase despite all negativity we had over the entire thing since the start. Yes, we were even contemplating on migrating at one point of time but it didn't materialise coz we wanted different places! =___=""

    Btw, I found a few neighbours via another forum, but I'm still bent on searching for a neighbour in cs with the same hobby!
    Canon EOS 500D | Tamron 17-50mm f2.8 non vc
    and the Kop sings, "You'll never walk alone"

  18. #38
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    In the void.
    Posts
    1,323

    Default Re: Centrale 8

    *Sigh*
    I applied for Sengkang a few months back, but got like 1000+ queue no. I applied for Tampines Greenleaf
    just before the Centrale 8 launch and got a better queue number but don't think stand a chance especially
    after the Centrale 8 launch. Think people now more unlikely to give up the flats for the BTO now that Centrale
    is going to push up the future price of flats in the area.

    No way that I can get resale flats near my parent too, cos they live in central district, recently saw a resale flat
    there asking for 100K COV. So now can only pray for the proposed BTO launches at Whampoa or other mature
    estates closer to town and pray doubly hard to get a good number. >.<

  19. #39
    Senior Member StrifeYun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Rivervale Drive
    Posts
    2,216

    Default Re: Centrale 8

    Now because of cov ... Some resale HDB upfront cash is more than private ... Hahaha ridiculous.
    for that price dbss rather get condo. Or faster pay finish a smaller resale hdb
    To each his/her own . Depends on ur plans...
    Canon EOS "Luxury"
    [flickr]

  20. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Land of the Teddy Bear
    Posts
    2,324

    Default Re: Centrale 8

    Congrats on your purchase of your flat, like you, my other half and me also waited a long time till we managed to secure our 4th BTO ballot. The COV thingy is scary, 46K and the seller still find it not enough? The news was like reporting the COV has dropped from 20k to 10k...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •