Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Single shot vs Continuous burst

Default Re: Single shot vs Continuous burst

It depends on the situation.

Different features for different situation. Just use the right one when it is called for.
    Nobody is gonna blame one if he uses either mode but get good comments and quality for his photo.

No use to compare both modes. It is just like comparing ppl who uses M mode with Av or Sv modes.
    Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kipling88 View Post
    True, but do u not use more automated way when it matters? Why burst when u can do with thought process and do single shot? So do u use auto-focus? Why auto focus when u can capture the moment by practicing with more skills and thought? Aperture priority mode? Shutter priority mode? shldnt manual be the way to go?

There is no versus in this issue, different features for different purposes. Some purists may select their distinct way, there's simply no superior method, and obviously continuous has not replaced single.

Ur style is single, others prefer continuous, nature of photoq is different, everyone wans to produce beautiful images for memories.
    given that our current equipments are all digitalised as well as automated, we are able to achieve so much more out of our photos. imo there is nothing wrong with shooting in burst mode as long as the end product is something you wanted. as long as the results is the same, why make your life difficult by using full manual?

this is akin to having a dual transmission car and you always select M and change gear yourself... if technology can be there to ease our usage, why not leverage on it? i am thankful that current technology has made my work easier, as well as faster too. but i also appreciate the raw nature of photography where everything is in manual. i do have a TLR that uses film, a mechanical shutter, as well as manual focusing... but you cannot expect me to use my TLR for an event/assignment per se...

Blog Entries

This topic will be a never ending story....

Some say tomato, some say tomatoe.

In the end, people can choose what they want to use or need to use. What matters is the end result. Why bother even talking about this senseless topic?

Quote Originally Posted by evilorgi View Post
    given that our current equipments are all digitalised as well as automated, we are able to achieve so much more out of our photos. imo there is nothing wrong with shooting in burst mode as long as the end product is something you wanted. as long as the results is the same, why make your life difficult by using full manual?

this is akin to having a dual transmission car and you always select M and change gear yourself... if technology can be there to ease our usage, why not leverage on it? i am thankful that current technology has made my work easier, as well as faster too. but i also appreciate the raw nature of photography where everything is in manual. i do have a TLR that uses film, a mechanical shutter, as well as manual focusing... but you cannot expect me to use my TLR for an event/assignment per se...
    obviously, u do not comprehend that i am advocate of the same camp as you u might wan to re-read TS's reply that i was answering. I shoot film mostly, on hassie, rolleis, nikons, really appreciate wat these workhorses can provide. However, my d90 do come in handy when i travel backpack as well.

Anw, i tink i will stop discussing here, imho pretty pointless to debate single vs continuous.

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post

In the end, people can choose what they want to use or need to use. What matters is the end result. Why bother even talking about this senseless topic?
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post

waiting for the next hot senseless topic discussions: spot meter vs matrix & single af vs continuous af.

it's been a slow CS week. Need the entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by foxtwo View Post
    waiting for the next hot senseless topic discussions: spot meter vs matrix & single af vs continuous af.

Blog Entries

It's here already....
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/threa...k-its-a-gd-qn.

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123
    Hahaha!

There are some people who didn't get it and kept emphasizing on the fact that it's all personal preferences and hence, we don't have the right to restrict them, and so this thread is meaningless. While that's very true, I don't think that was the point of this thread, which is to talk about the ultimate uses of continuous burst and knowing and understanding more about this continuous burst mode, which many seem to avoid and kept on harping on the assumption that the point of this thread was to criticize those who use continuous burst excessively and unnecessarily.

I got to say this, there are many people who got their DSLRs and there they go, continuous burst for all the shots, which is pointless. This is the ultimate purpose of this thread, to make people ask themselves, whether they really need the continuous burst mode for everything or not. Apparently, people just don't seem to want to let these beginners be aware of the problem they might have and instead, these liberal advocates preach about the right to do what people want, with the possibility that they do not exactly know what they really want.

This is akin to RF vs SLR. Both take photos and have produced astonishing results. However, some may perceive RF to offer a much better shooting experience and whatnot while some may see SLR as a symbol of convenience. Yes, this will be never ending but this is not meaningless. There is this misconception that anything that is never ending is senseless, (add a few more degrading terms if you wish to).

Ultimately, the targeted audience of this thread is the group of people who use the continuous burst for the sake of using it. In this case, it's obvious that it will not be never ending. Like I said, those who have faith in what they are doing, they do not have to resort to using certain phrases that would do nothing but reflect rather badly on them.

If you are the deal, then grow stronger and fight for what you believe in and perhaps, try to form your own opinions and not just blindly follow people because their opinions sound like yours.

I have said my piece and

Moderators, please close this thread as this thread, that was aimed to question the norm of using the continuous burst for everything, has been seen as a senseless, nonsensical, insensitive and subjective thread, just because they could be the ones doing that and have become too strong a person to admit that and just conveniently dismiss this thread. I do not mind if you ban me or give me a couple of infractions, so if you feel the need to do so, go ahead. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by tehzeh View Post
    There are some people who didn't get it and kept emphasizing on the fact that it's all personal preferences and hence, we don't have the right to restrict them, and so this thread is meaningless. While that's very true, I don't think that was the point of this thread, which is to talk about the ultimate uses of continuous burst and knowing and understanding more about this continuous burst mode, which many seem to avoid and kept on harping on the assumption that the point of this thread was to criticize those who use continuous burst excessively and unnecessarily.

I got to say this, there are many people who got their DSLRs and there they go, continuous burst for all the shots, which is pointless. This is the ultimate purpose of this thread, to make people ask themselves, whether they really need the continuous burst mode for everything or not. Apparently, people just don't seem to want to let these beginners be aware of the problem they might have and instead, these liberal advocates preach about the right to do what people want, with the possibility that they do not exactly know what they really want.

This is akin to RF vs SLR. Both take photos and have produced astonishing results. However, some may perceive RF to offer a much better shooting experience and whatnot while some may see SLR as a symbol of convenience. Yes, this will be never ending but this is not meaningless. There is this misconception that anything that is never ending is senseless, (add a few more degrading terms if you wish to).

Ultimately, the targeted audience of this thread is the group of people who use the continuous burst for the sake of using it. In this case, it's obvious that it will not be never ending. Like I said, those who have faith in what they are doing, they do not have to resort to using certain phrases that would do nothing but reflect rather badly on them.

If you are the deal, then grow stronger and fight for what you believe in and perhaps, try to form your own opinions and not just blindly follow people because their opinions sound like yours.

I have said my piece and

Moderators, please close this thread as this thread, that was aimed to question the norm of using the continuous burst for everything, has been seen as a senseless, nonsensical, insensitive and subjective thread, just because they could be the ones doing that and have become too strong a person to admit that and just conveniently dismiss this thread. I do not mind if you ban me or give me a couple of infractions, so if you feel the need to do so, go ahead. Thank you.
    Isn't the problem also that you did not state your question & position properly the first time? Your very first post doesn't even sound objective, it doesn't sound like you're inviting people to a dialogue. It's totally bias on your side, and then you "open the floor" for others to comment. You could have mentioned you would like continuous burst users to speak up, but you didn't. And now before closing the thread then you say what this thread is ULTIMATELY about..... Just maybe slightly a little too late, hmm? So open-ended, of course people will end up talking about stuff you don't want to hear la. Next time focus straight down to the issue when you know the topic is open-ended.

If I recall there were 1 or 2 who said they use continuous burst on the majority, I don't see any further discussion with them from you? So, ultimately, what you want? Lol. You can close your own thread, no need wait for mods.

Isn't the problem also that you did not state your question & position properly the first time? Your very first post doesn't even sound objective, it doesn't sound like you're inviting people to a dialogue. It's totally bias on your side, and then you "open the floor" for others to comment. You could have mentioned you would like continuous burst users to speak up, but you didn't. And now before closing the thread then you say what this thread is ULTIMATELY about..... Just maybe slightly a little too late, hmm? So open-ended, of course people will end up talking about stuff you don't want to hear la. Next time focus straight down to the issue when you know the topic is open-ended.

If I recall there were 1 or 2 who said they use continuous burst on the majority, I don't see any further discussion with them from you? So, ultimately, what you want? Lol. You can close your own thread, no need wait for mods.
    +1
    Dxxxx | 35/1.8 | 50/1.8 | Tokina 28-70 | Panny G1 | 14-45 | 25/1.7
    My Flickr

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tehzeh View Post
    yada yada yada...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What's your take on this?
    What did you ask for in the first place???

What is my take on this? And I told you. My take is that this is a meaningless topic.

Especially the direction you started the ball rolling, and the same way you NOT facilitating a constructive discussion of sorts. My perception of what you are trying to do, is not to engage newbies who machine gun, but more to talk down those who do.

Why don't we all forget your misadventure here and let sleeping dogs lie. If you're still intent on spreading your message, hold some FOC photoshoots/gatherings for educating beginners on the finer points of single shot vs continuous burst. You get less back talk and more impressionable minds. Hope you're a better teacher than at leading discussions.

Blog Entries

sigh... thread closed. and i don't think why i need to explain.
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed.” ― Deeksha Mittal

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123