Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Egg Seller = Millionaire ?

  1. #1

    Default Egg Seller = Millionaire ?

    My mother has been buying eggs at about $5.50 for a pack of ten these days. Her regular egg vendor confided in her that if this ban on the Malaysian eggs lasts a bit longer, he can afford to take the next couple of years off.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    nowhere... juz a random stray.
    Posts
    2,227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DoorKeeper
    My mother has been buying eggs at about $5.50 for a pack of ten these days. Her regular egg vendor confided in her that if this ban on the Malaysian eggs lasts a bit longer, he can afford to take the next couple of years off.
    It's juz an opportunity for the egg seller to rip off pple... After all, it's not as though the Hens have to work OT to produce eggs...

  3. #3
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    509

    Default

    Ashleyy, it's just basic economics ... *sigh*

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    801

    Default

    Hmm $5+ for a pack is far too expensive..

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,719

    Default

    why are they millionaire? the high price is market sentiment. they dun even have enuff eggs to sell to become rich.

    you think so good, you go and sell eggs. he may have have to take a break because the business is no longer substainable.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    South Pole with Penguin
    Posts
    5,270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zekai
    why are they millionaire? the high price is market sentiment. they dun even have enuff eggs to sell to become rich.

    you think so good, you go and sell eggs. he may have have to take a break because the business is no longer substainable.
    for me, i will just don't eat eggs when it is expensive, dunno why everyone willing to pay so much for eggs nowadays

    yes, may be last time they can sell 1000 packet a day and earn $1 each

    but now they only have 200 packets to sell even they earn $5 each

  7. #7

    Default

    Sausage McMuffin with Egg meal still costs $5

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    997

    Default

    Thants exactly what I'm doing now. When the demand is less the price
    will drop. Eat more vege, healthier

    Quote Originally Posted by Wai
    for me, i will just don't eat eggs when it is expensive, dunno why everyone willing to pay so much for eggs nowadays

    yes, may be last time they can sell 1000 packet a day and earn $1 each

    but now they only have 200 packets to sell even they earn $5 each

  9. #9

    Default

    based on latest reports there're 1451 millionaires in spore.. i wont be surprised a few of them are egg sellers

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •