Thread: Canon DSLR - Main dial not working

Default Canon DSLR - Main dial not working

any bro encountered the main dial not working?
    any idea what is the cost for servicing?

thanks.

Default Re: Canon DSLR - Main dial not working

CSC knows the answer. Can be anything from a few $ for the dial or a few hundreds for replacing the entire unit with board. Without seeing the cam... I run out of tea leaves
    EOS

I think the main dial repair should not be that complicated and thus cost should be rather affordable....the shutter button is the tricky one which involves dismantling almost every part of the camera (there's a YouTube video on that).

Best bet is to check with Canon service centre.

180+ probably, ask one guy in the canon forums. His dial dropped csc say must change the whole section.

To TS... call or visit CSC first. My friend recently changed the dial for his DSLR for free because it was still within warranty.

Just came back from csc, the main dial only can rotate in one direction, could be due to sweat or dirts went inside. They simply applied some solution and it works.

Quote Originally Posted by jonovan View Post
    Just came back from csc, the main dial only can rotate in one direction, could be due to sweat or dirts went inside. They simply applied some solution and it works.
    lucky.

Hope the solution doesn't make dial drop off like the other guy..... Else $180 to fix.

Hi TS, what camera model do use?
    Cos got experience using canon 60D, before i have tried different type of canon bodies.
    But this canon 60D was different and it was my first time to used this camera.
    The Main dial was not working, and cannot rotate and stuck at automatic mode. when i want to set to manual mode really cannot, then i finally found a solution the on other day.
    Hehe, i found that the canon 60d got lock button for the main dial which i have nealy damage the main dial to forcely open it. my fault cos im not reading it manual.
    canon 50D/ 18-55mm IS/50mm F1.8II/sigma 24-70mm EX GD HSM/Speedlite 580 EX II

Automatic mode selection? I believed you are referring to the exposure mode dial, not the main dial.
    When my main dial stuck, I'm unable to change the aperture size.

Quote Originally Posted by jonovan View Post
    Automatic mode selection? I believed you are referring to the exposure mode dial, not the main dial.
    When my main dial stuck, I'm unable to change the aperture size.
    I see, the vertical scroll right near the shutter button?
    I got another fren, experience the same problem with you, when he adust the dial to the left sometimes not working but on the right direction was working.
    Sometimes you need to press harder left or right this dial so you can adjust the aperture or iso.
    canon 50D/ 18-55mm IS/50mm F1.8II/sigma 24-70mm EX GD HSM/Speedlite 580 EX II