Thread: HELP: NDP Shooting today

Default HELP: NDP Shooting today

I have gotten some tickets for NDP preview this year from my brother, which will be today.
    We'll be seated at the Orange sector.

I'm not sure if I should bring both the 55-200mm and 24-70mm lens, or just the 55-200mm.
    Not sure how far the Orange sector seats are, but I think 55-200mm would be the most practical? (actually I think 200mm also won't be enough)
    24-70mm wouldn't be able to capture much, except for audience or overall view.

Pls advise on what I shld bring, how I should take, what should I look out for.

Thanks!
    "The only bad thing about this lens is that it's not in my camera bag."

Default Re: HELP: NDP Shooting today

also, is tripod allowed? (for fireworks) thanks!

What are u shooting? People? The parade? Or cheerleaders?

And if you bring tripod, where are you setting up? You got a space to do the set up? People usually shoot fireworks from FAR AWAY. i.e on a famous bridge.

Hope that helps. enjoy!
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

will be at audience seats. it's been awhile since i went to NDP. not sure what the seating area is like also.

Quote Originally Posted by Foress
    will be at audience seats. it's been awhile since i went to NDP. not sure what the seating area is like also.
    The seats will only allow a bag or two max. You will not be able to set up a tripod unless you stand outside on the walkway. But you will surely be blocking the way. Unless you have a media pass and are on the stage, just go to shoot people. the parade will be too far away unless you're shooting the whole atmosphere.
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

For advice on lens to bring, read your own signature. Tripod not advisable. A monopod will be better.