Thread: wanna purchase a film camera

Default wanna purchase a film camera

hi,

i'm a new comer
    i wanna buy a film camera, anyone knows where i might be able to find?
    i've been to some of the electronic shops in some shopping centers, but i realize if i wanna get a proper one for myself, i shall look for some shops where got more models and more professional....
    could you please help?

thanks and best wishes to all
    gengtao

Default wanna purchase a film camera

hi,

i'm a new comer
    i've been to some of the electronic shops in some shopping centers, but i realize if i wanna get a proper one for myself, i shall look for some shops where got more models and more professional....
    could you please help?

gengtao

get the nikon F6!!!! haha, just kidding....

you can get a good film cam in the sell/buy section, first decide whats your budget and i think ppl here can advice you on the range you can buy.

you may also want to decide which brand you wan to go to first, like nikon, canon...blablabla...just go test out and see which one you feel comfortable on your hand

Quote Originally Posted by Gengtao122
    hi,

i'm a new comer
    could you please help?

gengtao
    What is your buget?

Pls refrain from multiple postings of the same topic. Threads merged.

The Moderator
    ClubSNAP

hi,

i'm a new comer
    could you please help?

gengtao
    Basically, you might want to get it secondhanded first before you decide this is your hobby, and until you are more comfortable with it.

hi,

i'm a new comer
    could you please help?

gengtao
    the more models you compare, the more confuse you become

IMHO, stick with Canon / Nikon / Minolta and get feedback from your shooting buddies. What they use etc. So faster learning curve if all use the same gear.

Help you limit down to mid range models:

Nikon F80 / Canon eos30 / Minolta Dynax 7(good price if order overseas)

Lens needs a different thread for advice.

Happy hunting

Wa! suddenly so many ppl wanna buy film slr. How abt a fully mechanical slr which is affordable and fun with lotsa character and becos it's mechanical (not electronic), it will outlive you

IMHO, nikon f80, canon eos30 and minolta dynax7 are a little too much for the first-time SLR user. After all, just about all the newbie needs is Av, Tv, manual focus, spot metering and DOF preview. You can get those in a second-hand older camera, say, the canon 100 series.

go rangefinder....!

dont complicate your life with, massive lens selections

For Minolta and Canon, you can visit Funan Centre and try out the cameras. I did that when I wanted to get my first slr and enjoyed the handling of the minoltas the best. So I went and got a Dynax 5! Affordable and good. Didn't like the feel/handling of other cameras within my budget range.

Currently though, when shooting for enjoyment I use a late 80s Minolta 7s. Do attempt to shoot slide film once or check out some other ppls slides with a lightbox & loupe. Blew me away.

Alvin

get a good tripod, and don't leave home without it You'll be surprised how much of a difference a tripod makes.

Firstly, I think you need to know what exactly you need the cam for.
    Travel? Serious hobby?

If you're looking for a camera which you will be able to grow with, get an SLR. (Single-lens reflex).

This sort of cameras can enable you to switch lenses. So you can get a telephoto lens (get CLOSE!) a zoom lens or even a fisheye lens.

I suggest you take a look at this informative site: http://www.photo.net/learn/making-photographs/camera.

It will help you decide on a camera. Then when you've decided, go to The Adelphi basement or Peninsula Plaza nearby City Hall to get a camera, whether you decide on a second-hand one or a new camera.

Good luck!

Bro, if you get your hands on a nikkormat Ft3, you will have a lot of fun with it. It's built like a nikon F/F2, but priced lower.

saw in B&S, eos1 going for $400. though a very old camera, remember it is still considered as a pro level. go check it out.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.