Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Ricoh to buy Pentax

Default Re: Ricoh to buy Pentax

while we're on the subject of buying stuff, i'm itching to get a GXR to play with

Quote Originally Posted by felixcat8888 View Post
    Just get it if you have the $$$. I have the DA*16-50 and am loving it everyday
    Anyone to loan me one to try :P I am itching to buy one...... hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by detritus View Post
    while we're on the subject of buying stuff, i'm itching to get a GXR to play with
    Hi Donald,

I almost bought one recently. I think I posted it here too. Anyway, you can go to SLR R and get them to let you try it out.
    Pentaxian for Life
    K1, KP, FA*28-70/2.8, FA31, 43 & FA77 Limiteds, K85/1.8, FA*200/2.8, A50/1.2

Hi Donald,

I almost bought one recently. I think I posted it here too. Anyway, you can go to SLR R and get them to let you try it out.
    haha... tempted to go but no time to shop for toys recently lah... need to rush home.

the concept is really novel. i thought at first that its rather silly to buy a new sensor with every lens. then it occurred to me that it is precisely this feature that allows them to keep the package small!

its not an ILC in the purest sense - its a fully customizable camera 2 lens modules is more than sufficient for 80%-90% of scenarios. much more compact to bring on a holiday than a DSLR with very little trade-off in image quality.

i've heard a lot of good things about the handling too. must be fate - your original thread seemed "off" but now, its exactly where it belongs

maybe FW should change the name of this forum to Ricoh / Pentax.

haha... tempted to go but no time to shop for toys recently lah... need to rush home.

the concept is really novel. i thought at first that its rather silly to buy a new sensor with every lens. then it occurred to me that it is precisely this feature that allows them to keep the package small!

its not an ILC in the purest sense - its a fully customizable camera 2 lens modules is more than sufficient for 80%-90% of scenarios. much more compact to bring on a holiday than a DSLR with very little trade-off in image quality.

i've heard a lot of good things about the handling too. must be fate - your original thread seemed "off" but now, its exactly where it belongs

maybe FW should change the name of this forum to Ricoh / Pentax.
    Haha yeah since Ricoh bought over Pentax. we should call it Ricoh-Pentax like Konica-Minolta was called before they became Sony. Maybe I had a sene that the Ricoh was a good buy back then.
    Pentaxian for Life
    K1, KP, FA*28-70/2.8, FA31, 43 & FA77 Limiteds, K85/1.8, FA*200/2.8, A50/1.2

After spending 8 days in the rain forest of Taman Negara, back to civilization and this lousy Pentax news. I had this gut feel that it would happen. Should have happened 4 months earlier so that I didn't have to get involve. What lousy luck! Will Pentax get better, I strongly doubt.
    Home is where the heart is.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Lee View Post
    After spending 8 days in the rain forest of Taman Negara, back to civilization and this lousy Pentax news. I had this gut feel that it would happen. Should have happened 4 months earlier so that I didn't have to get involve. What lousy luck! Will Pentax get better, I strongly doubt.
    You are exceptionally pessimistic, aren't you. As of now, nobody knows whats the future gonna be like for anyone.

Either get rid of everything Pentax you have right now to minimize your loss in the long run,
    or enjoy what you have now and work with it.

Don't disregard the excitement and experience at the moment when you just bought Pentax,
    coz if you never did, you'd still be wondering how awesome this camera and system is.

Consider yourself lucky/capable to have the ability to try out more than 1 system.
    Many others can't even afford to, but at the same time, still produce excellent images regardless of the gears and gadgets they have.

Are the photographers born in the olden days going to complain how expensive and tedious working with film?
    No, they managed, and still produce legendary images.

Live your life without regrets.

Haha yeah since Ricoh bought over Pentax. we should call it Ricoh-Pentax like Konica-Minolta was called before they became Sony. Maybe I had a sene that the Ricoh was a good buy back then.
    or we could wait till oct when the takeover is formalised

there's currently no sub-forum for ricoh in CS currently. it'll be nice if we can start to include discussions on ricoh cameras here moving forward. wonder what FW thinks about it.

or we could wait till oct when the takeover is formalised

there's currently no sub-forum for ricoh in CS currently. it'll be nice if we can start to include discussions on ricoh cameras here moving forward. wonder what FW thinks about it.
    Before Hoya bought over Pentax, there was no Hoya sub-forum. 3 years after they bought Pentax, there is still no Hoya sub-forum

Ricoh already indicated that they'd keep Pentax as a sub-company, and keep Pentax brand. Not only so, they'd brand some of their own cameras as Pentax. I don't see any reason why we'd have a Ricoh sub-forum, at least not now ...

Pentax as a brand is pretty well known in Japan, don't think Ricoh would be stupid enough to remove or change it from their new products. And Ricoh isn't a Sony, they want profit, not just a name

Hi Anthony, it's really surprising to see your comment like this. You should know that 男人三十而立,四十而不惑,五十而知天命,六十而耳顺,七十而从心所欲”。 There is nothing you can't let go, there is nothing to worry too much about either
    Last edited by fengwei; 7th July 2011 at 10:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fengwei View Post
    Before Hoya bought over Pentax, there was no Hoya sub-forum. 3 years after they bought Pentax, there is still no Hoya sub-forum

Ricoh already indicated that they'd keep Pentax as a sub-company, and keep Pentax brand. Not only so, they'd brand some of their own cameras as Pentax. I don't see any reason why we'd have a Ricoh sub-forum, at least not now ...

Pentax as a brand is pretty well known in Japan, don't think Ricoh would be stupid enough to remove or change it from their new products. And Ricoh isn't a Sony, they want profit, not just a name
    hee... the boss has spoken... status quo then.

You are Zenten II!

Soon we will see a thread on how bad the VF is in strong sunlight

早知道, 就中马票

(translation: if i know earlier..i wld have strike 4d)

before i buy my k-x..i know nothing abt dslr..right now..maybe i dun know much also..I dunno how green should green be..or how blue the blue should be..but for the past 1 yr or so..i hv gained so much joy from my k-x even tho my pics are lousy and hardly got any comments when i post them online but still my greatest joy so far is in a orphanage in cambodia where i took some pics of the kids performing..the smile on their face when i show them the pic is something i still can remember

EVERYONE here knows you are unhappy with Pentax. So could please give it a rest already? No need to announce your frustration in almost every new thread. Thank you.
    K-5IIs, DA16-85, DFA50, DFA100, DA*60-250, 540FGZ II, 160FC, 201FG

Any nice photos to share? You should appreciate k5 in the humid and wet rain forest.

I bought a GXR 1 week before the new, because I told the salesman I mind only the quality of the picture as extreme important, I asked to test samsung ex-1 and Oylunpus XZ-1 and about fujifilm x100, He told this camera can compete with fujifilm X100 …i trust him and bought it.

here are some pic taken by others. I wish to have the multi segment white balance for my pentax lens

http://www.flickr.com/photos/perfectrun/5883856147/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jim-lin...faves-nc_chia/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/andreas...faves-nc_chia/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/xebasty...faves-nc_chia/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/holst7/...faves-nc_chia/

Very nice! Which lens/sensor combo do you have?
    K-5IIs, DA16-85, DFA50, DFA100, DA*60-250, 540FGZ II, 160FC, 201FG

I only mentioned Pentax and not any particular equipment model this time around and yet you guys are ever so ready to put me down. If Pentax is a good company, it will not be in this stead, period.
    Home is where the heart is.

I only mentioned Pentax and not any particular equipment model this time around and yet you guys are ever so ready to put me down. If Pentax is a good company, it will not be in this stead, period.
    Like Hassleblad is not a good company?

http://news.cnet.com/8301-30685_3-20...es-hasselblad/

I think no one's putting you down, it's just that you should try going into any forum section that has been dedicated to a brand; say car forums, if there is a Mercedes section, go into it and make numerous, persistant comments about the state of Mercedes, how you regret buying a Mercedes because they lowerered their price and boy your value has dropped and oh dear me how you should have stuck to BMW. I'd wager you get the same cold/amused treatment there.

Yes, we regret things. There's nothing wrong if you don't like Pentax. But singing that tune at the doorstep of a whole bunch of people who like Pentax - it's going to be problematic for everyone for so many reasons, I don't understand why you think people are going to hug you and tell you it's going to be ok (at least not more than a few times - which you have definitely exceeded).

You can try doing the same thing in Canon, Nikon, Olympus here. 105% certain you might get the same variety of reaction, and even more violent examples.

Life's not about a sub-$2K purchase. There's bigger fish to catch, like houses. I'm sure you didn't sit around and regret moving out and voicing your unhappiness to the people around you non-stop (if you did, that is), right?

My humble suggestion is for you to just get rid of Pentax, if you hate it that much, and move on. Keeping a K-5 and whatever lenses you have, and then singing tunes around Pentax section about how unhappy you are is just plain ridiculous. It's like someone going around telling everyone he has a thorn in his flesh and boy does it hurt - when he could spend that time removing that thorn.
    Last edited by edutilos-; 8th July 2011 at 09:22 AM.

I'm very amused by the Online Photographer's chosen featured comment here (http://theonlinephotographer.typepad...om-hoya.html):

"Oh dear, just when the doomsayers and alarmists got quiet (finally) about the sale to Hoya, this comes along. So who's up for counting the number of creative theories that will be discussed about how Pentax will die? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?"

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast