Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Lumix FX1 battery

  1. #1

    Default Lumix FX1 battery

    Hi, been testing a newly bought Lumix FX1. Very satisfied with this camera except the battery runs out only after 25-30 shots without flash. According to the manual the battery when fully charged should last 120 shots with LCD on. Those who have used the FX1 or FX5, how many shots does the battery last?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    2,324

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 8views
    Hi, been testing a newly bought Lumix FX1. Very satisfied with this camera except the battery runs out only after 25-30 shots without flash. According to the manual the battery when fully charged should last 120 shots with LCD on. Those who have used the FX1 or FX5, how many shots does the battery last?
    Strange the battery lasted so soon!
    WHere did you buy it from?
    Suggest checking with the retailer or
    1. wakk0
    2. pana_Fx1
    3. FX1
    4. Ashleyz
    5. starz_86

    Hope they could help you.

  3. #3

    Default

    Bought it from MS Color. According to the manual battery can last 120 shots within 60mins with flash on every other shot. Don't know if the specs is a reliable gauge of battery life in practice. In practice we adjust settings, turn on IS, review the shots, and delete bad ones. Would like to hear from users of the FX1 or the more popular FZ10, which is good for 200 shots in 100 mins, if practical experience of battery life comes close to the specs.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    2,324

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 8views
    Bought it from MS Color. According to the manual battery can last 120 shots within 60mins with flash on every other shot. Don't know if the specs is a reliable gauge of battery life in practice. In practice we adjust settings, turn on IS, review the shots, and delete bad ones. Would like to hear from users of the FX1 or the more popular FZ10, which is good for 200 shots in 100 mins, if practical experience of battery life comes close to the specs.
    Did you fully charge the battery? I charged mine for two hours.

  5. #5

    Default

    Yes, till the charge indicator turns off, takes about 90 mins.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    2,324

    Default

    You want to PM to the FX1 users? Or check with MSColor?

  7. #7

    Default

    Florence (MS Color) advises me to charge for 8 hrs. She said new battery needs to be charged longer. Will give it a try and see if battery performance improves.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    2,324

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 8views
    Florence (MS Color) advises me to charge for 8 hrs. She said new battery needs to be charged longer. Will give it a try and see if battery performance improves.
    I charged mine for two hours only, first time. Think I better charge for 8 hours too. It was not mentioned in the manual, though.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •