Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 25678912 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 340

Thread: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS Thread (Part XVII)

  1. #121

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS Thread (Part XVII)

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    yeah agree with you.

    Bamboo + BG + LX3 feels heavy but not unmanageable. Still can shoot!
    ideally, it should have enough reach, light enough to move around and handheld shoot the whole day, good amount of aperture to play with creative use of depth of field and fast.
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

  2. #122
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS Thread (Part XVII)

    Quote Originally Posted by coolthought View Post
    ideally, it should have enough reach, light enough to move around and handheld shoot the whole day, good amount of aperture to play with creative use of depth of field and fast.

    You're really asking for the moon leh... Is there even such a lens in the market?
    Exploring! :)

  3. #123

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS Thread (Part XVII)

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    You're really asking for the moon leh... Is there even such a lens in the market?
    I was kinda hoping that there is a 70-300 f2.8 lens
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

  4. #124
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS Thread (Part XVII)

    Quote Originally Posted by coolthought View Post
    I was kinda hoping that there is a 70-300 f2.8 lens
    .... that is light enough to be handheld for the entire day? Fat hope!
    Exploring! :)

  5. #125
    New Member kriegsketten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern Enclave
    Posts
    2,560

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS Thread (Part XVII)

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    .... that is light enough to be handheld for the entire day? Fat hope!
    Can lah! He needs to go to the moon!
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

  6. #126
    Member pasay's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    508

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coolthought
    I was kinda hoping that there is a 70-300 f2.8 lens
    I think it will be even heavier than 70-200 f2.8, unless they use some kind of new lightweight metals and glass. Then price go thru the roof.
    a Nikon body, some lenses, a flash, and a whole lot of dusty photos

  7. #127
    New Member kriegsketten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern Enclave
    Posts
    2,560

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS Thread (Part XVII)

    Quote Originally Posted by pasay View Post
    I think it will be even heavier than 70-200 f2.8, unless they use some kind of new lightweight metals and glass. Then price go thru the roof.
    CF 20x body, nano-engineered swarovski crystal lenses, nano-tech motors (you can't see the gears but you know they are there)...
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

  8. #128

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS Thread (Part XVII)

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    .... that is light enough to be handheld for the entire day? Fat hope!
    Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    Can lah! He needs to go to the moon!
    Quote Originally Posted by pasay View Post
    I think it will be even heavier than 70-200 f2.8, unless they use some kind of new lightweight metals and glass. Then price go thru the roof.
    just my nice little daydream :-)
    I just wanted something with that kind of focal length range and a constant big aperture.
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

  9. #129
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS Thread (Part XVII)

    Quote Originally Posted by coolthought View Post
    just my nice little daydream :-)
    I just wanted something with that kind of focal length range and a constant big aperture.
    50-500 f/8

    constant 'big' aperture
    Exploring! :)

  10. #130

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS Thread (Part XVII)

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    50-500 f/8

    constant 'big' aperture
    wah.... big ah.... :-p

    50mm with maximum aperture at f8 can be quite hopeless in some situation. lol
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

  11. #131
    Senior Member Kit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Upper Bukit Timah
    Posts
    11,650

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS Thread (Part XVII)

    Folks!! The winners and finalists of the 2011 International Photography Awards winners had just been announced. As usual, winner of architectural (building) category produced a set of inspiring images. Notice the absence of highlights but he still managed to create depth consistently with a set of well thought out and coherent images. See something new everyday, ;earn something new everyday.

    http://www.photoawards.com/en/Pages/...e=Architecture

    On a side note, do take a look at the article on Digital Life today discussing about framing.

  12. #132

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS Thread (Part XVII)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kit View Post
    Folks!! The winners and finalists of the 2011 International Photography Awards winners had just been announced. As usual, winner of architectural (building) category produced a set of inspiring images. Notice the absence of highlights but he still managed to create depth consistently with a set of well thought out and coherent images. See something new everyday, ;earn something new everyday.

    http://www.photoawards.com/en/Pages/...e=Architecture

    On a side note, do take a look at the article on Digital Life today discussing about framing.
    Thanks!! We will take a look at it!
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

  13. #133
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS Thread (Part XVII)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kit View Post
    Folks!! The winners and finalists of the 2011 International Photography Awards winners had just been announced. As usual, winner of architectural (building) category produced a set of inspiring images. Notice the absence of highlights but he still managed to create depth consistently with a set of well thought out and coherent images. See something new everyday, ;earn something new everyday.

    http://www.photoawards.com/en/Pages/...e=Architecture

    On a side note, do take a look at the article on Digital Life today discussing about framing.
    Thanks for the link!
    wow, certainly a very unique series of images. Haven't seen this style before.
    Exploring! :)

  14. #134
    New Member kriegsketten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Southern Enclave
    Posts
    2,560

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS Thread (Part XVII)

    OMG!!... Cobwebs galore!... Must do house keeping.... *sweep sweep here* *sweep sweep there* *cough cough*!
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

  15. #135
    Member SurrealDreamWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Outer Limits
    Posts
    1,565

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS Thread (Part XVII)

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    Thanks for the link!
    wow, certainly a very unique series of images. Haven't seen this style before.
    errr... aren't they are "under-exposed"? OR they were taken on a full moon night?

    LOL
    "There are no mistakes, only lessons. Growth is a process of trials and errors."

  16. #136
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS Thread (Part XVII)

    Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    OMG!!... Cobwebs galore!... Must do house keeping.... *sweep sweep here* *sweep sweep there* *cough cough*!
    Hahaha...
    Exploring! :)

  17. #137
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS Thread (Part XVII)

    Quote Originally Posted by SurrealDreamWalker View Post
    errr... aren't they are "under-exposed"? OR they were taken on a full moon night?

    LOL
    looking at the series, it's an intentional thing.
    It's certainly thought-provoking Definitely not 'mainstream'
    Exploring! :)

  18. #138

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS Thread (Part XVII)

    Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    OMG!!... Cobwebs galore!... Must do house keeping.... *sweep sweep here* *sweep sweep there* *cough cough*!
    just use it more often.
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

  19. #139

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS Thread (Part XVII)

    Quote Originally Posted by SurrealDreamWalker View Post
    errr... aren't they are "under-exposed"? OR they were taken on a full moon night?

    LOL
    the approach is quite different from what we think is good. Sort of art.
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

  20. #140
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: [SunChasersSG] - TCSS Thread (Part XVII)

    Quote Originally Posted by coolthought View Post
    the approach is quite different from what we think is good. Sort of art.
    ...and art is subjective
    Exploring! :)

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 25678912 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •