Page 39 of 45 FirstFirst ... 142934373839404144 ... LastLast

Thread: Random thread season 21.

Default Re: Random thread season 21.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyStrike View Post
    I'm still under the "trying out macro" category....also the thing that caused me the most headache is, I've noticed my shift of photography genre from landscape to small gathering events and portraits/flora closeup...
    don't worry.. just as long you have a camera, you're not limited to just one genre just because you have a 'xmm len' or 'landscape len'. but i'm sure you already know that by now since you're in this thread.
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

haha, I'll pass up the offer...wanting to try out the Raynox 250 and (50mm and/or 18-55) for quite sometime liao.
    Quote Originally Posted by spree86 View Post
    Yea, I'm not a big fan of Raynox too
    and take care not to 'melt' your lens' internal when using Raynox on a very sunny days as did happened to our friend iguanavon... LOL
    "There are no mistakes, only lessons. Growth is a process of trials and errors."

Quote Originally Posted by bonrya View Post
    don't worry.. just as long you have a camera, you're not limited to just one genre just because you have a 'xmm len' or 'landscape len'. but i'm sure you already know that by now since you're in this thread.
    Ya...I think just gotta see how far I can push my 18-55mm and 50mm with my newly bought Nissin 622 mkii...The f2.8 looks very delicious thou as compared to my f3.5-5.6.

The BBB virus was playing with me for the past 48 hours...17-50 or 28-75.

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealDreamWalker View Post
    and take care not to 'melt' your lens' internal when using Raynox on a very sunny days as did happened to our friend iguanavon... LOL
    wt...did he tried to macro the sun? Anyway, I guess by the time the event is starting it will be close to 5pm...Shouldn't be hot enough to "melt" the lens
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

Ya...I think just gotta see how far I can push my 18-55mm and 50mm with my newly bought Nissin 622 mkii...The f2.8 looks very delicious thou as compared to my f3.5-5.6.

The BBB virus was playing with me for the past 48 hours...17-50 or 28-75.

wt...did he tried to macro the sun? Anyway, I guess by the time the event is starting it will be close to 5pm...Shouldn't be hot enough to "melt" the lens
    ignore the BBB virus. stick to your kit lens until you can see visible user marks.

try shooting at f1.8

and don't listen to SDW. that was not what happened.
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

Sigma 17-50.......

ignore the BBB virus. stick to your kit lens until you can see visible user marks.

try shooting at f1.8

and don't listen to SDW. that was not what happened.
    lol....sigh, the BBB is one of the many viruses that does not have a vaccine. I'll try to fight it off by shooting more portraits with my kit...I guess a flash does open up alot of possibilities where in the past I longed for a wide aperture zoom lens.
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

lol....sigh, the BBB is one of the many viruses that does not have a vaccine. I'll try to fight it off by shooting more portraits with my kit...I guess a flash does open up alot of possibilities where in the past I longed for a wide aperture zoom lens.
    if you have to change, go for the sigma. seriously. i've tried both and all i can say is: tamron sucks.

i'm a tamron fangirl so yeah. :x (dad's recommendation never goes wrong) *points above*
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

I'm still under the "trying out macro" category....also the thing that caused me the most headache is, I've noticed my shift of photography genre from landscape to small gathering events and portraits/flora closeup...
    I'm quite the extremist. Landscapes + macro. Don't like portraits too much unless cosplay. LOL

if you have to change, go for the sigma. seriously. i've tried both and all i can say is: tamron sucks.

i'm a tamron fangirl so yeah. :x (dad's recommendation never goes wrong) *points above*
    Uhhh... what?

I'll consider it again when I find the need to get one...Tamron 28-75 vs Tamron 17-50 Non VC vs Sigma 17-50 OS HSM or whatever comes next. For the price point, Sigma sure looks alot less attractive..

*I tend to crop alot on my 18-55 for portraits....which is why 28-75 is in the list* OTOH, 55-250 thou "slow", but sure makes good 1/2 body portraits

Quote Originally Posted by symmetrix View Post
    I'm quite the extremist. Landscapes + macro. Don't like portraits too much unless cosplay. LOL
    lol..seems like It's either make it small(UWA) or blow it life size (macro).

I'll consider it again when I find the need to get one...Tamron 28-75 vs Tamron 17-50 Non VC vs Sigma 17-50 OS HSM or whatever comes next. For the price point, Sigma sure looks alot less attractive..

*I tend to crop alot on my 18-55 for portraits....which is why 28-75 is in the list* OTOH, 55-250 thou "slow", but sure makes good 1/2 body portraits

You will regret if you get the Tamron 17-50 and the zoom ring comes off. I agree that the Tamron 17-50 sucks. Get the Sigma

Normal size is BORING. Why shoot something as you see it? LOL

I think I haven't used my 18-55 for the longest time already. I managing with a 35mm prime. lol.

But I think I'm finally getting the hang of UWA. That lens really takes some time getting used to...

You will regret if you get the Tamron 17-50 and the zoom ring comes off. I agree that the Tamron 17-50 sucks. Get the Sigma
    Lol, good thing I haven't decided to replace my kit lens yet

ok...noted Strangely, haven't read much about the zoom ring coming off when doing the 17-50 vs xx-xx lens search..oh well.

Anyway, I think what's best for me now is to hold off any purchases and get my compositions right. Just that the BBB refuses to let me off. I hope it will go into hibernation mode sometime soon w/o having to break the bank.

ok...noted Strangely, haven't read much about the zoom ring coming off when doing the 17-50 vs xx-xx lens search..oh well.

Anyway, I think what's best for me now is to hold off any purchases and get my compositions right. Just that the BBB refuses to let me off. I hope it will go into hibernation mode sometime soon w/o having to break the bank.
    Tamron 17-50. Some assembly required.

Quote Originally Posted by symmetrix View Post
    Normal size is BORING. Why shoot something as you see it? LOL

I think I haven't used my 18-55 for the longest time already. I managing with a 35mm prime. lol.

But I think I'm finally getting the hang of UWA. That lens really takes some time getting used to...

[image..]
    Well, not sure if I will like a prime, haven even been touching my 50mm much already.

I agree this UWA needs sometime to tame it.. (some of my uwa pic collections)

while the shots are not great. But it does open up a new perspective
    Last edited by SkyStrike; 20th July 2011 at 02:18 PM.

Well, not sure if I will like a prime, haven even been touching my 50mm much already.

I agree this UWA needs sometime to tame it.. (some of my uwa pic collections)

while the shots are not great. But it does open up a new perspective
    first pic. the other 2 are awesome, too.

Primes have this annoying habit of not being too wide or too tele enough (usually on the wide side). lol But I'm loving my 35mm for cosplays. Maybe I should go all out and buy that $1000+ 31mm f/1.8 prime.

Then again, maybe not. LOL

@sam: i'm not complimenting you, just saying that I'm liking your random landscape pictures more and more. interesting perspectives.
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

Quote Originally Posted by SkyStrike

Well worth the money if you're going to spend any at all.

Trust me. Both tamrons should not even be considered. At all. read more reviews before dumping your cash into the cesspool of death.
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

Quote Originally Posted by SamTac
    I'm not god...
    Hahaha that's avon right?
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

Page 39 of 45 FirstFirst ... 142934373839404144 ... LastLast