Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 25678 LastLast

Thread: Tanjong Pagar Railway Station Shoot

Default Re: Tanjong Pagar Railway Station Shoot

That's great bro.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by TAYKT View Post
    Hi Xtemujin, same i also along the way meet some nice folks and some even ask me how far to next stop and what attraction to take..I got shown one auntie the shot i took..

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkornos View Post
    This is what is left as of yesterday

(cropped from negative)
    Everytime we go, we see one thing gone again...last Sat the track behind the turntable was still around >_<

Quote Originally Posted by slmka View Post
    Everytime we go, we see one thing gone again...last Sat the track behind the turntable was still around >_<

Probably next week or the week after....the Turntable will be gone too....

Quote Originally Posted by Wak Jawa View Post
    Probably next week or the week after....the Turntable will be gone too....
    If that is also gone is really the saddest thing. I personally think that is one of the best item should be kept as a memory of the yard.

I don't get it, I thought they are preserving the place? Why are they tearing it down?

Quote Originally Posted by Sgdevilzz View Post
    I don't get it, I thought they are preserving the place? Why are they tearing it down?
    I don't think they are preserving everything (especially the yard side) with the old HDBs, I think the mosque and Indian temple may be gone also....

The main station is where everyone focus, the yard is a forgotten place to most people...

Yes bro...l agree with it. They are most probably only preserving the Tg Pagar KTM Station building itself... Maybe not the area surrounding

Yes bro...l agree with it. They are most probably only preserving the Tg Pagar KTM Station building itself... Maybe not the area surrounding
    Yes, our government never insist that they will keep whole area of Tanjong Pagar Railway Station intact. They will develop it just like the former parliament house..Building still intact but surrounding change. Then it will become a pub & restaurant area with some private housing..

Quote Originally Posted by TAYKT View Post
    Yes, our government never insist that they will keep whole area of Tanjong Pagar Railway Station intact. They will develop it just like the former parliament house..Building still intact but surrounding change. Then it will become a pub & restaurant area with some private housing..
    If they can move some of the stuff INTO the building itself and open the place like a Museum, it would great!!

And Nikkornos , nice photo! Looking forward to meeting you guys tmrw!

Quote Originally Posted by awesomesther View Post
    If they can move some of the stuff INTO the building itself and open the place like a Museum, it would great!!

And Nikkornos , nice photo! Looking forward to meeting you guys tmrw!
    That will be nice and have a building covering it. Althought it won't look too nice, but at least the places will be preserved. At the same time, the land will be valuable to generate income. Something like they did with Bugis Junction, the Irish Bar at Somerset

1) Tanjong Pagar Railway Station to Bukit Timah Railway Station

If time and weather permit we will continue to Ten Mile (Bukit Panjang Crossing)
    Date: 16/July/2011 (Saturday)
    Time: 8am to 5pm

Attendees
    1. Nikkornos
    2. Nisa
    3. awesomesther (will join around 1pm)
    4. Perix
    5. tranvui (can I bring a non CS friend along?)
    6. nqtuyen (Sorry. It might be late but I would like to join you guys also. Hope you all don't mind).

2) Bukit Timah Railway Station to Around Woodlands Railway Station
    Date: 17/july/2011 (Sunday)
    Time: 11.30am to 5pm

Attendees
    1. awesomesther (will join in if schedule permits!)

I'm currently in buona vista now, not at the tracks though. Is there anyway i can go to the tracks from the roads or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Sgdevilzz View Post
    I'm currently in buona vista now, not at the tracks though. Is there anyway i can go to the tracks from the roads or something?
    Yes..u can walk in carpack from HDB blk 43 (if i not wrong)..The track is just near the Buona Vista SMRT station..There alot of ppl there walking the track..

Good evening everyone...just finish my walk ending at Old Bukit Timah Railway Station....now having a drink at Macdonals King Albert Park. Started at about 3.30pm from Railway Mall just after the crossing Bridge. There are alot of people here and there all capturing the Railway Track lines and the scenery... ANYONE at Macdonald King Albert Park now....?

Good evening everyone...just finish my walk ending at Old Bukit Timah Railway Station....now having a drink at Macdonals King Albert Park. Started at about 3.30pm from Railway Mall just after the crossing Bridge. There are alot of people here and there all capturing the Railway Track lines and the scenery... ANYONE at Macdonald King Albert Park now....?
    I just come back from there 1hr ago..

Ok bro....thanks

Just updating the situation.... Now in the bus along upp bt timah rd towards woodlands...still can see a lot of people walking at the railway track lines..... Beware of The Creatures of the Night coming out soon as it's almost dark....Heeheehee...!!!!

Got a great outing today from Tanjong Pagar Railway Station to Bukit Timah Railway Station..We got chance to sneak from the side to go inside to take photo of the turntable and the maintenance area..Also we openly walk to the Kampong Bahru flyer to continue our trekking to Bukit Timah Railway Station..haha..Hope everyone really like the outing..

Thanks TAYKT for this outing. Cheers look forward to the photos!

Quote Originally Posted by awesomesther View Post
    Thanks TAYKT for this outing. Cheers look forward to the photos!
    You photo or mine..Haha..u can check it at my facebook or Flickr..

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 25678 LastLast