Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Tanjong Pagar Railway Station Shoot

Default Re: Tanjong Pagar Railway Station Shoot

Quote Originally Posted by Daoyin View Post
    Thank you for all the latest updates. Just so people don't get confused, the "Tg Kampong flyover" should be the Kampong Bahru flyover, right?
    Yes, u can take Bus 61, 124, 143 and 166 and see which direction u take the bus, if u take a bus from NUS direction u can alight at Bus stop B10391 and you will be able to see the KTM HDB block on you left or if u take the bus from Telok Blangah, u be able to see Chruch of ST Teresa on you left and after the overhead bridge u will be able to see the KTM HDB block on ur right, alight at first Bus Stop B10399 which just beside Orange Valley Nursing Home..Pls rmb the security staff will stop u from going in and taking photo..u can walk straight up to the Kampong Bahru flyover, from there u can have a nice view of the Rail Way track and take some photo. If u go in the early morning you got chance to take a very good sunrise from there and also dun miss the spider from the side.. If u lucky enough u will be able to take photo of the spider having a meal..

Quote Originally Posted by BBTM View Post
    The security themselves are too much! They are taking photos for them own and not doing their jobs at all. They prevent us from taking, jealous that we own better camera than them is it? That's why I seem like hating security a lot nowadays. DOUBLE standard they all having.

Anyway, walking the whole track is impossible and even possible, amt of water needed is a lot. Esp during noon time, sun too hot to proceed. My shoes gives way, long time no wear, bottom came off. Still got 2 more parts to cover, can't chiong that much else whole body can't take it.

Anyway, just becareful on the tracks still as 1 fall, can hurts you badly.

There is a chance for the station/HDB to be reopen for us to take photos. Just wait for the news.

http://www.sla.gov.sg/htm/new/new2011/new0107.htm
    They already told u mah..open to public for 2 weeks, except for some localised areas. u kw what is that mean?

Quote Originally Posted by TAYKT View Post
    They already told u mah..open to public for 2 weeks, except for some localised areas. u kw what is that mean?
    Yup. But the security themselves took photos of it. Not doing their jobs, eat snake!
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

Quote Originally Posted by BBTM View Post
    Yup. But the security themselves took photos of it. Not doing their jobs, eat snake!
    Eat snake than eat air..At least got chance for them to pass time..But i hope when they allow us in to take photo, they is not much changes..

Has anyone trekked the path from Buona Vista to Commonwealth rail path?
    Must be rather hot during the day? When is the best time to go?

Hope to try to go this Friday noon time. Anyone going?

Yes, u can take Bus 61, 124, 143 and 166 and see which direction u take the bus, if u take a bus from NUS direction u can alight at Bus stop B10391 and you will be able to see the KTM HDB block on you left or if u take the bus from Telok Blangah, u be able to see Chruch of ST Teresa on you left and after the overhead bridge u will be able to see the KTM HDB block on ur right, alight at first Bus Stop B10399 which just beside Orange Valley Nursing Home..Pls rmb the security staff will stop u from going in and taking photo..u can walk straight up to the Kampong Bahru flyover, from there u can have a nice view of the Rail Way track and take some photo. If u go in the early morning you got chance to take a very good sunrise from there and also dun miss the spider from the side.. If u lucky enough u will be able to take photo of the spider having a meal..
    Sorry, Is my mistake.. It should be SGH direction..

Quote Originally Posted by ZShutter View Post
    Has anyone trekked the path from Buona Vista to Commonwealth rail path?
    Must be rather hot during the day? When is the best time to go?

Hope to try to go this Friday noon time. Anyone going?
    Yes it will be very hot, is better u wear proper shoes, hat and towel to wipe ur sweat and bring along water bottle to quench ur thirst..If u cant take the heat is better to go Between 5.00-5.30pm..It will not be so hot..

Sorry, Is my mistake.. It should be SGH direction..
    Before you walk, take a look on Google map and plan out a bit. There are a few areas with shops or supermarket nearby so you can take a rest (like Railway Mall, King Albert), so you don't have to carry everything. Try to travel light also, don't carry all your gears around.

For those interested in walking the Railway Track check this out.. http://www.thegreencorridor.org/category/maps/

Blog Entries

interested to go for a walk also.. any idea where to start and end? hmm is it idea to drive there?
    Lousy de My Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by luckyorange View Post
    interested to go for a walk also.. any idea where to start and end? hmm is it idea to drive there?
    See where u wanna to go..You can park ur car at Railway mall and from there u can walk to Bukit Timah Railway Station or walk toward Choa chu Kang there..Btw the carpark will be full during peak hours..So u got to be there early..

For those interested in walking the Railway Track check this out.. http://www.thegreencorridor.org/category/maps/
    Thanks man for the help.

Hi people, i will most prob be doing a walk tomorrow from the marshalling yard from kg bahru at 6.30am(hopefully can get some sun rise. not sure if can or not) and will walk upwards to rifle range. However, i stop around 11am-12pm(regardless of whether i'm able to reach rifle range) as the weather is going to be super hot after that. Depending of the shots i have taken, i might go back for seconds.

If anyone is interested, maybe we can meet up somewhere together and head up together or pm me.

P.S. I'm a newbie and has only just started maybe about 3 months or so. So shooting skill is still raw.

i would like to like to complete the whole track can anyone tell me whether is that possible and where should i start?

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by newbie88 View Post
    i would like to like to complete the whole track can anyone tell me whether is that possible and where should i start?
    You can walk from Tanjong Pagar Yard to Kranji Level Crossing.It is not possible to walk to Woodlands Train Checkpoint as it is a checkpoint...

Entrance to Tanjong Pagar yard is from Silat Ave block 31...

could u tell me how to go to Tanjong Pagar Yard is that near the railway station? thx

U can check out my previous posting..I got put a link that u can check it out how u can go there..

Quote Originally Posted by newbie88 View Post
    Now u started to track..got so many ppl walking on the railway track..hard to get a gd photo..

Go there early in the morning, or if you dare, shoot at night. Tripod long exposure.
    MF Film user. Nikon D800 works too.

I went again yesterday. Started from Tanjong Pagar MRT at 4pm and ended at Bouna Vista MRT at 8pm. Tanjong Pagar railyard is a real sad sight. Most of the rails are torn up now. Too many people walking along the tracks now to get isolated shots (even in this hot and sweaty weather)! I wouldn't recommend to shoot at night alone. It's dark to even see properly without torch let alone compose properly on the uneven grounds.

The security had cordoned off right under Kampung Bahru flyover with manned officers sitting underneath in the shade. Didn't see the big "landmark" spider. Access to the rails there is much easier now as someone had put up plank boards across the drain and a man-worn path made from the trails of hundreds of visitors across the week.
    Last edited by CamInit; 10th July 2011 at 02:31 PM.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast