Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tanjong Pagar Railway Station Shoot

Default Re: Tanjong Pagar Railway Station Shoot

Quote Originally Posted by xtemujin View Post
    I just did the railway walk today in the mid afternoon.

The KTM Tanjong Pagar is fenced up and guarded by Aetos Auxilliary officer in white and dark coloured trousers. There were a few people asking about going into the station. The Aetos officers there were polite. The KTM staff are busy removing the blue fences at the station.

The Indian temple entrance near the railway repair area have new fence. Further down the road near the KTM HDB flat, Spooner Road, and the Kastam Malaysia gates are also guarded by Aetos officer. New fences are also up near the railway tracks at Spooner Road and more fences are being carried in by lorry to fence up the whole HDB flat.

Some of the railways track near the repair houses are being removed and there are a few excavators.

The Aetos officer at the Kastam Malaysia gate did not allow me to take photos of the HDB flats rudely.

Looks like the newspaper article by SLA is just paper play on the ground it is basically no entry as the Aetos officers represents SLA directives.
    Thank for you information..

Quote Originally Posted by AhKar View Post
    I have a question! After googling and reading up, I still don't know how to start the railway trek. Was planning to do a photography outing along the railway track but really lost on where to start from. It seems that I can't start from Tanjong Pagar KTM coz it's closed off right? If so then where should I start? Can I ask about the points of interest along the track and any advice from fellow forumners about trekking along the line?
    If i not wrong we should be able to start around Kampong Bahru flyover then walking to Woodlands Railway Station..i will update u all the latest news after when i finish the long jorney walk trails..

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by AhKar
    I have a question! After googling and reading up, I still don't know how to start the railway trek. Was planning to do a photography outing along the railway track but really lost on where to start from. It seems that I can't start from Tanjong Pagar KTM coz it's closed off right? If so then where should I start? Can I ask about the points of interest along the track and any advice from fellow forumners about trekking along the line?
    I can't help you about the part on finding the KTM since I also use google map to find it.
    So I believe you can find it with a bit more effort on your side.
    You can't shoot the station itself since it is off limits but the HDB at Spooner road should still be open.
    Most of the fun starts from Bukit Timah station towards Woodlands with one metal bridge, one small stone bridge, four cross road junction, one LRT overhead, one MRT overhead.
    And let's not forget about the abandoned metal bridge at Sunset way since it is so nearby. It spans over a canal that is a challenge to cross over for first timers.

Quote Originally Posted by loneWolff View Post
    I can't help you about the part on finding the KTM since I also use google map to find it.
    So I believe you can find it with a bit more effort on your side.
    You can't shoot the station itself since it is off limits but the HDB at Spooner road should still be open.
    Most of the fun starts from Bukit Timah station towards Woodlands with one metal bridge, one small stone bridge, four cross road junction, one LRT overhead, one MRT overhead.
    And let's not forget about the abandoned metal bridge at Sunset way since it is so nearby. It spans over a canal that is a challenge to cross over for first timers.
    Too late last week i saw some heavy tractor started to do some drilling on the abandoned metal bridge..I dun kw the bridge is it still there today..There is also some plantation near the flyover..And more important is we can jungle walk frm there to Bukit Timah Railway Station..

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by TAYKT

Too late last week i saw some heavy tractor started to do some drilling on the abandoned metal bridge..I dun kw the bridge is it still there today..There is also some plantation near the flyover..And more important is we can jungle walk frm there to Bukit Timah Railway Station..
    Do you mean the one at Sunset Way.
    Those tractors have been there for donkey months liao and I still dunno what are they there for.
    Maybe like what you mentioned, parking there to countdown to the last day.

Quote Originally Posted by AhKar View Post
    Check out some of the treks from the green corridor website..

Before 1st July, I was stopped by KTM ppl from taking photos but one of them are kind enough, allow me to took only at the void deck but not upstair. Fine, since it's was their porperties. Now, after 1st July, we are block by our own ppl from taking photos. I think might as well ban the sales of camera in sg or no camera are allow in sg. Every where no photos, like that, camera/lenses can sleep inside dry box forever, like the MUMMY!

Anyway, tmrw will start from Tg Kampong there. From those feedback, we mostly can't take photos of the HDB liao, sad. From there, we will find our way onto the tracks and walk along it till kranji. Any further, not so recommended, haha! From Kranji there, we can took the MRT back. Back for those staying south, heh heh!
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

Sianz..i cant slp..just sms them the location..

I had tried walking from Bukit Timah Station to Holland Rd. Quite alot of people trekking down too. Here is one interesting brick bridge I found!

Canon EOS 70D
    Krisgage flickr

Just to comfirm that the HDB flat at Spooner Rd and the railway yard are all off limits now ?
    Canon EOS 70D
    Krisgage flickr

Arrow Re: Tanjong Pagar Railway Station Shoot

Nisa,

Yeah quite sad.

Taykt,

No worries bro.

Krisgage,

The KTM HDB flats are now guarded by Aetos officers when I was there and was not allowed to enter.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've some photos of my walk from the front end of Tanjong Pagar tracks and I fallout at the Hang Jebat Mosque as I was not able to take the heat.

I would suggest using mid or high cut hiking shoes to prevent sprain ankle as the gravel is quite loose, try walking at the sides with the base of the tracks instead of walking on the gravel. Most of the track areas, the sides are not accessible if you need to go off from the track.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/xtemuji...th/5903152021/
    Last edited by xtemujin; 5th July 2011 at 10:55 AM.

Thanks, i suppose the station at Bukit Timah is locked. Are the track levers beside it removed?

Quote Originally Posted by TAYKT View Post
    U still can take photo at Bukit Timah Railway Station, i was there last Saturday.. Alot of ppl taking photo, got ppl cycling ad jogging..

Sad to say. The KTM people are actually much friender then our own people. If cannot take photo KTM people will just ask us to go away. (since is their properties) Our own people are more rude, especially the guys near the HDB blocks, the unlce at warehouse entry and the aunt below the bridge are very friendly, explain to me where should I stop and I am glad to follow their instructions (even I can't get the shoots I want...sob). I have quite a bad experience when I was shooting below the bridge with the guard (he walked all the way from the HDB) and threaten to call the police last Sun morning. Eventually he got fed up and walk away when I insisted the bridge is my closest point to the station.

Taking the HDB blocks above the slope still okay, but walk on ground floor and carpark you will get chase away again.

If you want to shoot the turntable, climb up the HDB blocks to 25th floor or from the road (a 200mm lens will be able to capture the bridge side view)

As The starting point at Tajong Paga is Tg Kampong flyover, just walk down the bridge and start snapping from there, the view is still quite fair. I only stopped at the train parking ground a bit up the flyover.

Quote Originally Posted by slmka View Post
    Sad to say. The KTM people are actually much friender then our own people. If cannot take photo KTM people will just ask us to go away. (since is their properties) Our own people are more rude, especially the guys near the HDB blocks, the unlce at warehouse entry and the aunt below the bridge are very friendly, explain to me where should I stop and I am glad to follow their instructions (even I can't get the shoots I want...sob). I have quite a bad experience when I was shooting below the bridge with the guard (he walked all the way from the HDB) and threaten to call the police last Sun morning. Eventually he got fed up and walk away when I insisted the bridge is my closest point to the station.

Taking the HDB blocks above the slope still okay, but walk on ground floor and carpark you will get chase away again.

If you want to shoot the turntable, climb up the HDB blocks to 25th floor or from the road (a 200mm lens will be able to capture the bridge side view)

As The starting point at Tajong Paga is Tg Kampong flyover, just walk down the bridge and start snapping from there, the view is still quite fair. I only stopped at the train parking ground a bit up the flyover.
    Yes Tg Kampong Flyover is the close u can get to take pics on the track..I was there this morning with some of clubsnap friends..Too bad i nvr take the train turntable..

Bukit Timah Railway Station building is locked up but the security ppl there allow ppl to take pics as long as you dun endanger urself or vandalism the property there..

Quote Originally Posted by TAYKT View Post
    Bukit Timah Railway Station building is locked up but the security ppl there allow ppl to take pics as long as you dun endanger urself or vandalism the property there..
    The station master office is already locked up, do you mean the station is fence up already? Last Sat when I was there they are installing the fence poles...

The security ppl @ Bukit Timah are very friendly also.

The station master office is already locked up, do you mean the station is fence up already? Last Sat when I was there they are installing the fence poles...

The security ppl @ Bukit Timah are very friendly also.
    Yes, The Station Mater Office is lock up but pls dun try to force open the window, ask them as they will tell u one of the window is already open so u can take pics of thing inside..Last Sat i nvr notice the fence..mayb they try to disallow ppl to park their car there..

For you infor some of my Clubsnap friends is going there this Thursday (07/05/11). Anyone can join us..

Thank you for all the latest updates. Just so people don't get confused, the "Tg Kampong flyover" should be the Kampong Bahru flyover, right?

The security themselves are too much! They are taking photos for them own and not doing their jobs at all. They prevent us from taking, jealous that we own better camera than them is it? That's why I seem like hating security a lot nowadays. DOUBLE standard they all having.

Anyway, walking the whole track is impossible and even possible, amt of water needed is a lot. Esp during noon time, sun too hot to proceed. My shoes gives way, long time no wear, bottom came off. Still got 2 more parts to cover, can't chiong that much else whole body can't take it.

Anyway, just becareful on the tracks still as 1 fall, can hurts you badly.

There is a chance for the station/HDB to be reopen for us to take photos. Just wait for the news.

http://www.sla.gov.sg/htm/new/new2011/new0107.htm
    Last edited by BBTM; 5th July 2011 at 07:59 PM.
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast