Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast

Thread: Tanjong Pagar Railway Station Shoot

Default Re: Tanjong Pagar Railway Station Shoot

Quote Originally Posted by CamInit View Post
    Anybody finished the whole track? Need an idea of how many hours you took. I am thinking of starting from Tanjong Pagar Railyard and walk along all the way back home in the North. And take pics along the way, of course.
    Was told WHOLE tracks takes abt 6 hrs for just walking. With photos taking includes, I think maybe 9 hours? (With rest and some makan.)
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

Quote Originally Posted by BBTM View Post
    Was told WHOLE tracks takes abt 6 hrs for just walking. With photos taking includes, I think maybe 9 hours? (With rest and some makan.)
    ok..then this few weeks we can set up makeshift stall at some certain point selling mineral water and food..lol..make some $$$..

Quote Originally Posted by TAYKT View Post
    ok..then this few weeks we can set up makeshift stall at some certain point selling mineral water and food..lol..make some $$$..
    That a good idea...

It may be good can organise a rail trekton. start at tanjong pagar end at woodland station.

Went down to Tanjong Pagar Railyard today. The whole place was sealed up. STATE PROPERTY signs are prominently located at all entrances with manned security. They will chase you off if you get too near. Had to reach the rails via Kampong Bahru flyover. The security tried to wave me off but seeing I was too far for them to trudge over, they kinda gave up. I had the impression they had no idea the rails are open access to public for the next 2 weeks.

There were a couple of other photographers and a family there. Saw someone mountain biking on the rail itself and another chap jogging as well. Made a new friend and walked along the track until almost Gillman flyover before leaving. I would say bring a good and comfortable pair of shoes and plenty of water for anyone intending to cover the whole stretch until Woodlands.

Intend to do on a weekend to cover the full stretch.
    Last edited by CamInit; 3rd July 2011 at 01:28 AM.

U can join BBTM and me if u r free this coming Tuesday (05/07/2011) for a whole trekton from Tanjong Pagar Railway Station to Woodlands Railway Station..Include photo taking and also i can show u where is the abandoned Teban Railway link Track at Bukit Timah Railway. Station..

Thanks for the offer but weekdays gotta work... only free on weekends. Besides, I can be really slow when taking pictures... like 20mins for one shot.

Quote Originally Posted by CamInit View Post
    Thanks for the offer but weekdays gotta work... only free on weekends. Besides, I can be really slow when taking pictures... like 20mins for one shot.
    That too bad..nvm..one day we will meet..haha..nowaday got Auto focus on every latest camera still got to slowly take pics meh..

Stationary object u can slowly take but when come to moving object u got to acts fast, if not it already gone with the wind liao..(you miss it or u get a blur image) u really need to train ur speed and also u must know wat thing u going to take..

Any idea when we are allowed to trek along the Tanjong Pagar railyard area?

Have anyone been to the tracks over the weekend? Still can enter the track areas?
    I'm thinking of going on Wed this week for a shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by ZShutter View Post
    Any idea when we are allowed to trek along the Tanjong Pagar railyard area?
    I cant answer you now but tmr night i will be able to..

U still can take photo at Bukit Timah Railway Station, i was there last Saturday.. Alot of ppl taking photo, got ppl cycling ad jogging..

U still can take photo at Bukit Timah Railway Station, i was there last Saturday.. Alot of ppl taking photo, got ppl cycling ad jogging..
    You meant the one beside the King Albert's Park McDonald's?

Quote Originally Posted by shaoken View Post
    You meant the one beside the King Albert's Park McDonald's?
    Yes, it still available to all public but after August they will close it down for some renovation from Bukit Timah Railway Station all the way to the bridge at Railway mall. And mid of July all that are not preserve for National monuments will be REMOVED..Including Signboard, Train Traffic Sign and railway track. As for your information last week Friday i saw Tractor already doing some work at Teban Railway Track Bridge area.

I hope they will keep the jungle trail to Bukit Timah Railway Station and not destroy it..

I cant answer you now but tmr night i will be able to..
    Tanjong Pajar station is completely closed, including the maintenance area and the HDB blocks behind it. You can see some of my Fri night shoots here:
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/threa...on-behind-bars

The closet you can reach via track to the station is the bridge near Sponner Road, after that you will be block by the security guards. Get a better zoom if you want to shoot from that area.

Quite sad of the authority arrangement. I was expecting at least they will open the front part of the station at least the vistors can take photos of the main building.

I was @ Bukit Timah Railway last Sat and they already in progress putting the fence poles. Hope they won't put up the fence until end of the month so visitors could have a good shoot of the building.

That too bad..nvm..one day we will meet..haha..nowaday got Auto focus on every latest camera still got to slowly take pics meh..

Stationary object u can slowly take but when come to moving object u got to acts fast, if not it already gone with the wind liao..(you miss it or u get a blur image) u really need to train ur speed and also u must know wat thing u going to take..
    I have a couple of low level "scenic" compositions in mind that requires some deliberate manual focusing which AF cannot rely on. Gonna take time to shift, check alignment and composition, re-focus and repeat. Tried out twice and still getting lousy shots.

This is like a nightmare in slow progress and yet time is running out fast. The Green Corridor will lost its historic context once the rails are ripped out.

Arrow Re: Tanjong Pagar Railway Station Shoot

I just did the railway walk today in the mid afternoon.

The KTM Tanjong Pagar is fenced up and guarded by Aetos Auxilliary officer in white and dark coloured trousers. There were a few people asking about going into the station. The Aetos officers there were polite. The KTM staff are busy removing the blue fences at the station.

The Indian temple entrance near the railway repair area have new fence. Further down the road near the KTM HDB flat, Spooner Road, and the Kastam Malaysia gates are also guarded by Aetos officer. New fences are also up near the railway tracks at Spooner Road and more fences are being carried in by lorry to fence up the whole HDB flat.

Some of the railways track near the repair houses are being removed and there are a few excavators.

The Aetos officer at the Kastam Malaysia gate did not allow me to take photos of the HDB flats rudely.

Looks like the newspaper article by SLA is just paper play on the ground it is basically no entry as the Aetos officers represents SLA directives.
    Last edited by xtemujin; 4th July 2011 at 04:54 PM.

that's not right!

Good evening everyone... seems like l can forget about going to the Workers Quarters at the HDB Block Spooner Road and also the track area near TG Pagar railway station area this week.. Probably just switch my direction to Bukit Timah Railway Station area maybe starting off at the one near Macdonald King Albert park....

I have a question! After googling and reading up, I still don't know how to start the railway trek. Was planning to do a photography outing along the railway track but really lost on where to start from. It seems that I can't start from Tanjong Pagar KTM coz it's closed off right? If so then where should I start? Can I ask about the points of interest along the track and any advice from fellow forumners about trekking along the line?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast