Page 1 of 8 1236 ... LastLast

Thread: Tanjong Pagar Railway Station Shoot

Default Tanjong Pagar Railway Station Shoot

Good morning clubsnapShooters. Anyone going to Tanjong Pagar Railway Station tonite for the last train departure shoot....? Jusk asking...Thanks

Default Tanjong Pagar Railway Station Shoot

Yes...will be there around 6 - 7 pm.

hope to see u there and hopefully the weather is good tonite.... cheers

Default Re: Tanjong Pagar Railway Station Shoot

As I know the train station was move to Woodlands there, but could we still enter Tanjong Pagar KTM station to take a photo?? I miss a chance before it... =.=''

Hi Bro, what I see from the TV News inform that the gate will be closed as off today - 1st JULY 2011. But maybe you can give it a try to pass by down there to take a look...

The station is officially close liao but i think u can take some pics from outside..i regret i nvr take pics of the hostel places for the KTM staff to stay..it like our HDB block..

As of this morning I've seen no cars parked there (a.k.a. entrance has been closed) and also some contractors with their workers (in green helmet) viewing the area... probably for future plan.

Well...I think it is true what the TV news annouced yesterday night that KTM Railway Gate will be closed maybe for future development but the building will be preserved as a National Monument for our future generation. For the KTM Railway workers Quaters (exactly like our HDB Block) at Spooner Road... I believe that particular land will be developed too...Maybe I'll try to get some shots while they are there and before there get demolished...........

News @ AsiaOne

Railway to be open to public for two weeks

From July 1 to 17 members of the public will be allowed to trek along the enitre line of railway tracks. -AsiaOne

Fri, Jul 01, 2011
    AsiaOne

The Singapore Land Authority (SLA) has agreed to allow the public access to access and trek along the railway tracks between July 1 st and 17.

For two weeks the public will have the opportunity to trek along the entire line of railway tracks except for some localised areas.

After July 17, a three kilometre stretch from Rifle Range Road to the Rail Mall will continue to be open to the public till 31 Jul 2011.

The SLA also advises that members of the public should exercise caution when walking along the tracks as some areas are narrow and rough.

The Tanjong Pagar Railway Station and Bukit Timah Railway Station will be closed temporarily to facilitate the moving out of the furniture and equipment by the KTM and its tenants.

Minor works will also be carried out at the Bukit Timah Railway Station and the railway crossings at Kranji Road, Sungei Kadut Avenue, Choa Chu Kang Road, Stagmont Ring and Gombak Drive. Members of the public should avoid these work areas which will be cordoned off.

Hi there, Thank you for the News Update... This is lndeed goodnews for those who's missed it, the opportunity is still available...without the Train off course.....heeheehee...

Visited the railway station on the two outing through club snap. It was really a great experience. Still to sort through the entire collection of images. But was lucky enough to capture some emotions and expressions of the elderly people who also visited the station. I guess it was a very nostalgic feeling for them, quite different from people of our generation. Here is a tribute to those people.

Here is a link to the full set
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...2&l=1d510e5e72

Thinking of walking the whole track for 1 last time on next tues? Maybe starts as early as possible, heh heh!
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

I just finished walking from Teban railway track to Bukit Timah Railway Station then back to my house CCK..

Hi bro...how was the walk just now...managed to get any good shots and are there any other photographers around...? And how was the surrounding area...was it dark or with street lights....sounds interesting...... Sorry just asking...thanks

Quote Originally Posted by marsulein View Post
    As of this morning I've seen no cars parked there (a.k.a. entrance has been closed) and also some contractors with their workers (in green helmet) viewing the area... probably for future plan.
    ya me drove by this morning as well ...tink onli 1 or 2 cra guess belong to authorise personal + now got jaga at the entrance
    only car are allowed to park at the "tear coupon" car park

so u stayin ard there?if yes we are neighbour lolxxx

Ok..nothing much..haha..Yes there is ppl there taking pics the Bukit Timah Railway Station..If anyone wanna to walk the track at night is better to bring a torch lights and go in groups, if not gd luck to you..

From Bukit Timah Railway Station the more you walk toward to the Railway Mall it will damn be dark because there is no street light and all surrounding is brush/tree..Is the same for from Bukit Timah Railway Station towards to Tanjong Pagar Railway Station direction.. no street light..

Peaceful, Quiet, Adventure, dun mind muddy area and get dirty you can jungle walk from Teban to Bukit Timah Railway Station..or either way..

What time..where u wanna to start..Like from Woodlands to Tanjong Pagar then walk back to Woodlands or wat..anyone can feel free to join us..haha

Quote Originally Posted by TAYKT View Post
    What time..where u wanna to start..Like from Woodlands to Tanjong Pagar then walk back to Woodlands or wat..anyone can feel free to join us..haha
    Who you asking??? If was for me. I will go early as possible, starts from Tanjong Pagar side and ended around woodland. Hopes to finish by 6pm.
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

Quote Originally Posted by BBTM View Post
    Who you asking??? If was for me. I will go early as possible, starts from Tanjong Pagar side and ended around woodland. Hopes to finish by 6pm.
    Yes, i was asking u..i press wrong button..haha..

Anybody finished the whole track? Need an idea of how many hours you took. I am thinking of starting from Tanjong Pagar Railyard and walk along all the way back home in the North. And take pics along the way, of course.

Page 1 of 8 1236 ... LastLast