Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bukit Tmah Railway Station ~ 30 June 2011

Default Bukit Tmah Railway Station ~ 30 June 2011

Anyone game for an early morning shoot on this "last" day? Have not been there myself but want to "do it" for the first and last time.

Default Re: Bukit Tmah Railway Station ~ 30 June 2011

Thinking of shooting the 2nd earliest morning train from JB to Singapore... at that side.

I'm not exactly sure where you meant (where you will be stationing) as I'm a newbie as far as locations of our railway tracks is concerned but I intend to be at the Bukit Timah Railway Station around 6-9am (still googling how to go there by cab/taxi), pay the station master a visit, and shoot the trains passing by as well as the exchange of tokens.

I will take bus to near where king albert park macdonald is and walk in to that railway station. I think it should be a breeze in.

The Map. *do not go in by the King Albert Park there*

Edit: It's not blackmore drive also

It's a ulu road leading in from the main road...inbetween KAP and Blackmore drive. Refer to map (here). The path is marked with the Railway track (dash lines). It's somewhere near there.
    Last edited by SkyStrike; 29th June 2011 at 02:01 PM.
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

I will be taking a cab/taxi. To be specific (as I intend to be there before 6am and the sky is still dark), in case the cab/taxi driver is ignorant, where should I tell the driver to alight me? MacDonald's or Blackmore Drive please?

Thank you.

Is it the same path that points Bukit Timah Railway KTM in blue? That's the place i will walk in. I hope it's correct.
    Last edited by calkel20; 29th June 2011 at 01:54 PM.

There will be a train leaving from TP at 8am.

Quote Originally Posted by yyD70S View Post
    I will be taking a cab/taxi. To be specific (as I intend to be there before 6am and the sky is still dark), in case the cab/taxi driver is ignorant, where should I tell the driver to alight me? MacDonald's or Blackmore Drive please?

Thank you.
    This one is more accurate: http://www.streetdirectory.com/asia_...travel_site_1/
    Last edited by SkyStrike; 29th June 2011 at 01:59 PM.
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

Noted on TP... but thought I want a more nolstalgic and country look and feel of Bukit Timah instead.

Noted on TP... but thought I want a more nolstalgic and country look and feel of Bukit Timah instead.
    Please note my previous post edit...paiseh...

It's a ulu road leading in from the main road...in-between KAP and Blackmore drive. Refer to map (here). The path is marked with the Railway track (dash lines). It's somewhere near there.

Thank you.
    Tell the Taxi Driver, Bukit Timah Railway Station, stop where you see the railway track overhead and presumably you be able to walk in. if unsure, please google and see the place now, so roughly you have an idea where it is. It should help you with getting there with ease.

Thank you, calkel20, skystrike & bananah. Appreciate all your pointers. I hope I'll be luckier than some of those Amazing Race competitors in getting a knowledgeable cab/taxi driver tomorrow morning.

I sure don't want to miss it tomorrow. Really regret I didn't join in any of those trails organised by the Green Corridor.

Thank you, calkel20, skystrike & bananah. Appreciate all your pointers. I hope I'll be luckier than some of those Amazing Race competitors in getting a knowledgeable cab/taxi driver tomorrow morning.

I sure don't want to miss it tomorrow. Really regret I didn't join in any of those trails organised by the Green Corridor.
    Calling a cab can be an option...But be sure to avoid the morning working crowd....else you will find yourself get stuck on the expressway.

Deregistered

Thank you.
    Just to let you know,the road into the station has no street lamps and it is very dark.If you plan to alight along Bt Timah Rd,alight at the bus stop infront of The Sterling(Condo) and walk in.Do bring along a torchlight also...

Btw do beware of oncoming trains as there is a southbound train passing around 6.12am heading towards Tg Pagar.
    Last edited by cleonbus; 29th June 2011 at 03:17 PM.

Is the meeting still on? Wanna go last min... before I start work at 9 at city area... XD

Thank you for the additional advice, cleonbus. Appreciate.

Hi, soons.

I should be there around 6-7am, fingers crossed. I'm sure there will be lots of people on this "final day".

At TG pagar stn?? Can we even go into that stn??

Hi soons, I am not talking about TP but BTRS... but I am sure it will be crowded "everywhere" tomorrow.

Super crowded every where liao. Been to TP n BT side. If they good, they allows u to take else you will get a scolding/prevention from them. But mind those who going to BT tmrw, dont STAND near to the tracks and take photos and make the station master to SHOUT at you. Always keeps a safe distance and ASK when the train is coming before taking, for your OWN safety. Anyway, I will be there too, after my night shift later....
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast