Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Do I need the receipt for the warranty?

  1. #1

    Default Do I need the receipt for the warranty?

    First post in forum, hello everybody!

    I might have mis-placed the receipt admist my excitedness when the T3i came in. Do I need the receipt to redeem the warranty? I also might have keyed in the warranty date a couple of days later than the date of purchase.

    Do help me out on this!

  2. #2

    Default Re: Do I need the receipt for the warranty?

    Technically you need to produce the reciept. However as long as you have registered the warranty( a few days different is ok) they should have the records online. In recent years, the manufacturers and authorized retailers have a system where they will update the sales of their products. So they know roughly when your set was sold.

    Just bring it to your brand's service centre, I am sure they have your records. If within warranty period, they wouldn't charge you

  3. #3

    Default Re: Do I need the receipt for the warranty?

    in my experience that will depend on the store. in my experience i lost the receipt when i went to the canon service center they told that no need for the receipt because the store already registered my cam online and they did not charge me anything.

  4. #4
    Member crystal1993's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Japan, Tokyo
    Posts
    1,049

    Default Re: Do I need the receipt for the warranty?

    Quote Originally Posted by bujay View Post
    in my experience that will depend on the store. in my experience i lost the receipt when i went to the canon service center they told that no need for the receipt because the store already registered my cam online and they did not charge me anything.
    That is provided you got registered if don't have than you would need a receipt.

  5. #5
    Moderator rhino123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    NA
    Posts
    5,247

    Default Re: Do I need the receipt for the warranty?

    No need receipt after you have online registered your product for Canon. I have been to CSC a couple of time and they never ask me for a receipt.

  6. #6
    Senior Member luckyorange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ang Mo Kio
    Posts
    2,843
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Do I need the receipt for the warranty?

    how about nikon? haha
    Lousy de My Flickr

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luckyorange
    how about nikon? haha
    You need the receipt for nikon

  8. #8

    Default Re: Do I need the receipt for the warranty?

    Photocopy one works? Consider that it is registered online too?
    また再建しましょう~ ^_^

  9. #9
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Do I need the receipt for the warranty?

    Quote Originally Posted by luckyorange View Post
    how about nikon? haha
    Quote Originally Posted by spree86 View Post
    You need the receipt for nikon
    If no receipt, Nikon will first determine if your item is an item Nikon Singapore imported into singapore using the serial number. If it is, they will consider the warranty to start on the day it left their warehouse to the stores and NOT the day you bought the item. If the item does not belong to the list of serial numbers of items Nikon singapore imported, will be considered no warranty.


    Quote Originally Posted by PaulKami View Post
    Photocopy one works? Consider that it is registered online too?
    Yes photocopy works

  10. #10

    Default Re: Do I need the receipt for the warranty?

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    If no receipt, Nikon will first determine if your item is an item Nikon Singapore imported into singapore using the serial number. If it is, they will consider the warranty to start on the day it left their warehouse to the stores and NOT the day you bought the item. If the item does not belong to the list of serial numbers of items Nikon singapore imported, will be considered no warranty.




    Yes photocopy works
    I see, so if your unit had been left on the shelf or warehouse for some period of time then you would lose some time off

  11. #11

    Default Re: Do I need the receipt for the warranty?

    Thank your sirs, you've all been helpful.
    I was fearful and called CSC today and double-checked with their employee. I also double-checked with them on the serial number I registered with online.
    And yes it's another warranty (of course since I bought it couple of days along). I did explain the event of a possible receipt loss and they told me the best is of course
    with the receipt, if not you must have registered online.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Do I need the receipt for the warranty?

    if purchased from a forumer who has registered on-line with his name, do i need him to be present for warranty ?
    also, anyway to check the status of the warranty as he cannot find his receipt.
    Canon EOS 550D|EF-S18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,786

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by newlover
    if purchased from a forumer who has registered on-line with his name, do i need him to be present for warranty ?
    also, anyway to check the status of the warranty as he cannot find his receipt.
    Most of the time, when seller sells without receipt, it's equivalent to no warranty unless it's a personal one from the seller.
    Equipment: D800|D700|11-16|28-75|105 Micro VR|50 F1.4G|85 F1.8G
    Through the Lens of Cowseye

  14. #14

    Default Re: Do I need the receipt for the warranty?

    Quote Originally Posted by newlover View Post
    if purchased from a forumer who has registered on-line with his name, do i need him to be present for warranty ?
    also, anyway to check the status of the warranty as he cannot find his receipt.
    Legally speaking, the warranty only cover first owner.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •