Thread: multi purpose zoom lenses

Default multi purpose zoom lenses

Good evening clubsnap shooters. Need some advice or suggestion on any multi purpose all in one zoom lenses for a holiday trip as l prefer not to carry many lenses. Thinking of getting comparetable lenses like Tamron, Sigma or Tokina but some of it are not fit for my full frame body. I'm looking into range from 18 or 24mm to 200 to 300mm. Any advice or suggestion.....? Thanks

Default Re: multi purpose zoom lenses

which camera are you using now?

You will only need to be concerned abt those lens not able to fit on FF if you are moving towards FF...

AFAIK, those on FF will prob not be getting all-in-on superzoom to mount on their FF. They are likely to use more than 1 lens or one that covers their most commonly used focal length.
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SkyStrike
    You will only need to be concerned abt those lens not able to fit on FF if you are moving towards FF...

AFAIK, those on FF will prob not be getting all-in-on superzoom to mount on their FF. They are likely to use more than 1 lens or one that covers their most commonly used focal length.
    TS said that he is already on FF.

TS, for a FF superzoom, you can probably get a 24-onwards but not 18-onwards. And you need to tell people what system you are on, if not how are people going to recommend lenses to you??

Currently l'm 5D Mark ll with single prime lense of 50mm F1.4 and 85mm F1.8.

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    TS said that he is already on FF.
    Sorry, misread the post
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

In my mind I can only think of 28-300L. But that is a heavy lens and it is not a popular choice I guess. Otherwise you would need a 2 lenses system from ultra wide to super telephoto. E.g. 24 - 70 + 70 - 200 (or 300).

Perhaps u can bring the 24-105mm f4L lens. But you wouldn't reach the 200mm range.

Yes, 28-300mm is heavy and the price is quite ex... By the way for 24-105mm, is it advisable to fix teleconverter x2 to get 200mm range...sorry guys if l ask to much question...

Quote Originally Posted by Wak Jawa View Post
    Yes, 28-300mm is heavy and the price is quite ex... By the way for 24-105mm, is it advisable to fix teleconverter x2 to get 200mm range...sorry guys if l ask to much question...
    You will lose a lot of image quality, AF may not work and your aperture value will be doubled.
    Alpha

Thank you very much for all the advises. I think probably 24-105mm is the good choice together maybe 70-200mm L F2.8 or F4 would fit in... Thanks once again to all and my apology if l ask too much question.... Cheers..

You seem very adamant on having focal length around 200mm...
    24-105 + 70-200 is a heavy pairing.

Seems rather excessive for holiday gear
    Exploring! :)

It may be cheaper just to buy an entry-level DSLR and a 18-250mm lens.
    Alpha

Sorry guys for the late reply... Must have been dozed off while on line using my mobile...when l woke up..it's the start of a new day. Anyway thanks for all the suggestion and advises... Have a good day ahead.....