Thread: Movies

Question Movies

just wondering if anyone caught "Bend it like Beckham" and "Windtalkers" yet? Just wondering if these shows are worth watching. But I think a Brit comedy can't go wrong.

scoobydooby doo!

Originally posted by wildhoney
    scoobydooby doo!
    thought it received only 2 out of 5 stars in the 8 days review?

Blog Entries

Originally posted by imaginary_number
    thought it received only 2 out of 5 stars in the 8 days review?

prob means that the movie is going to be a runaway hit - most reviewers can't be trusted to give an honest opinion about their own backsides.....

windtalkers not bad
    but the patriot better

How about Tom Clancy's Sum of All Fears? Ben Affleck + Morgan Freeman

Originally posted by mervlam
    How about Tom Clancy's Sum of All Fears? Ben Affleck + Morgan Freeman
    I like this show. Typical Tom Clancy but nice! Interesting scene in the middle of the show.

i generally like war films but somehow with windtalkers i didn't quite enjoy it. its abit draggy and also it juz doesn't feel rite. my fren had the same feeling too.
    maybe its john woo. heheh

I just went to catch "Windtalkers" and "The sum of all fears" recently.. Both a worth a Watch.. Morgan Freeman is really a good actor...

Sum of all fear is very good. I've read the entire series of books. Ryan next time will be the president. Read 'The bear and the dragon' if you want to know what happens after this. Hehehhehehe...
    Canon Lover :)

Originally posted by Klause
    Sum of all fear is very good. I've read the entire series of books. Ryan next time will be the president. Read 'The bear and the dragon' if you want to know what happens after this. Hehehhehehe...
    by right hor.... ryan shld die soon, coz got radioactive poisoning.

i watched "The Eye" a few days back. Midnight show!!! It was good. Bloddy scary!!!

Originally posted by yeppie99
    by right hor.... ryan shld die soon, coz got radioactive poisoning.
    actually i don't think so... he was on the other side of the nuclear fallout, wind was blowing away from him. remember the radio conversation he had with his lady colleague?

haha.. actaully after this, ryan become president, then russia strike gold and oil. China tries to invade russia and US help russia becos ryan still remember how the president of russia believe him and stop the nuclear war.
    Canon Lover :)

Originally posted by Klause
    haha.. actaully after this, ryan become president, then russia strike gold and oil. China tries to invade russia and US help russia becos ryan still remember how the president of russia believe him and stop the nuclear war.
    Actually, "The Bear and The Dragon" comes after "Executive Orders" where Iran took over Iraq to form the UIR. Then the Second Prussia Gulf War started when UIR invaded Saudi Arabia. "Sum of All Fears" comes before "Executive Orders". Jack Ryan is a typical American and a master spook.

Taipei, Taiwan/ Los Angeles, California. U.S.A.

Originally posted by mervlam
    Jack Ryan is a typical American and a master spook.
    Wait...so all typical Americans are spooks ("spook" = CIA/FBI/NSA or other federal agent, usually a spy)? Oh, wait...that reminds me...I have to contact my handler at the American Institute in Taiwan for an operations update...

Hm.... Sum of All Fears... a city was flattened with a nuclear bomb but yet the hero can still make calls with his mobile phones. Yes, mobile phone! Oh, one more thing! He also could sent email using his wireless PDA. Absolutely brilliant!

Originally posted by OpenLens

Wait...so all typical Americans are spooks ("spook" = CIA/FBI/NSA or other federal agent, usually a spy)? Oh, wait...that reminds me...I have to contact my handler at the American Institute in Taiwan for an operations update...
    oops, pardon me. what i meant Jack Ryan is a master spook that seems so all typical American in his thoughts.