Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which store offers good customer service and also a good selection of tripods?

Default Re: Which store offers good customer service and also a good selection of tripods?

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Not really true. You can try being humble and friendly in stores like worldwide camera and see where that will get you.
    So jialat store ah. Must avoid
    Canon EOS 600D | BBB virus carrier

Bro...for good selection of Tripod with good customer services...try Orient photo @ Sim Lim Sq..

Default Re: Which store offers good customer service and also a good selection of tripods?

Quote Originally Posted by NikF601 View Post
    you got some experience from TK to share ??
    No. Just don't go in your uniform when you are shopping for camera stuff in funan, unless you are like some rich kid who always buys expensive lenses from them. When you ask for some prices, they will reply you and give you the 'ya, you can come back in 10 years' time when you have the money' face.

Oh, bring along an adult with you too. They can blame it on generation gap but adults standing beside a kid when buying stuff often indicates that that adult is the atm and hence they love to talk to 'money trees'.

Don't take my words seriously. Just show your keen interest in buying that certain stuff but don't be too desperate or 自讨没趣.

One pencilhead from one of the funan shops told me that the lens I was looking for is a MF lens and so it's no longer in production, when in actuality, the manufacturer still produces them. Sadly, students are often judged upon by other people as people who don't have money, no experience and hence, no knowledge.

Yeah I was just ranting and I bought my tripod from TK because this guy with lots of white hair was really friendly and recommended me the sirui instead of the highly rated manfrotto 190 something. There are nice salesmen around, I don't deny that.

Quote Originally Posted by tehzeh
    You see so many people recommending TK and that might not be the case if they were students.
    I'm a student and I recommend TK no doubt. Bought my phottix cleon, kenko filter, kata bag, 2X sirui tripods from them. (different visits of cos). Very good service.

Overheard an old chap wanting to get something (can't remember what) and the salesperson at TK told him, we don't have stock here leh, think you go Cathay photo. They might have it.

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123
    Good customer service means different things to different people.

Some like sales staff to keep recommending stuff. Some prefer not to be disturbed while browsing and only get help when asking for it. So it really depends on what you are looking for.

As for selection, TK Foto, Cathay, K13, Orient Photo are quite good.
    I would nv visit k-13 again due to their attitude in serving me. First time thought maybe he bad mood. Second time, assured myself it was his character.

Quote Originally Posted by gohjialong

I would nv visit k-13 again due to their attitude in serving me. First time thought maybe he bad mood. Second time, assured myself it was his character.
    Yea, I don't like the way the K13 boss conducts himself, as if you have purchase something once you go into his shop.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gohjialong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by spree86 View Post
    Yea, I don't like the way the K13 boss conducts himself, as if you have purchase something once you go into his shop.
    Interesting. I never felt that.

Quote Originally Posted by spree86 View Post
    Till jialat jialat if you don't know yr stuff.
    whoa.. fierce.. they sell cheapo stuff as good stuff ah?
    Alpha
    Want to get back to photography

The pattern I notice from k-13 is that, they will over quote their price as a practice, by a large margin. What u need to do is to get quotes from other reputable shops first then go to them, get an over quote from k-13, show ur shocked face and walk away, then wait for the boss or his father (or the other way round??) to call you back and give you the "real" price. Happens to me for the third time last week when I was helping my friend to source for a tarmac adventure series..
    Equipment: D800|D700|11-16|28-75|105 Micro VR|50 F1.4G|85 F1.8G
    Through the Lens of Cowseye

Interesting. I never felt that.
    Maybe you frequent their shop and they recognize you? But for me I have never bought anything there before and just wanted to take a look before I ask for anything. Could be other reasons as well

Quote Originally Posted by Cowseye
    The pattern I notice from k-13 is that, they will over quote their price as a practice, by a large margin. What u need to do is to get quotes from other reputable shops first then go to them, get an over quote from k-13, show ur shocked face and walk away, then wait for the boss or his father (or the other way round??) to call you back and give you the "real" price. Happens to me for the third time last week when I was helping my friend to source for a tarmac adventure series..
    Maybe I didn't show my shocked face haha.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gohjialong View Post
    Maybe you frequent their shop and they recognize you? But for me I have never bought anything there before and just wanted to take a look before I ask for anything. Could be other reasons as well
    Maybe I am the type that cannot be forced to buy anything by any store salesman. *shrug*.

I only bought there once, and will probably not buy there again, just because there are other stores out there I have a better relationship with.

TK photos at Funan

Maybe I am the type that cannot be forced to buy anything by any store salesman. *shrug*.

I only bought there once, and will probably not buy there again, just because there are other stores out there I have a better relationship with.
    Yeah I'm very sure you probably do have better relationships with other stores out there haha. Given that there are so many other 'friendlier' shops.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12