Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: what lens should i buy in addition to kit lens for macro / potrait ?

Quote Originally Posted by cws77
    Sorry do you mean the "A5 card" victor diffuser in the thread "How to make a simplfied Victor's diffuser in 5 minutes "?

Thanks!
    I didn't use the simplified one. I used the original victor diffuser

Default Re: what lens should i buy in addition to kit lens for macro / potrait ?

sorry is there a link on how to make the victor diffuser?

Thanks!

Default Re: what lens should i buy in addition to kit lens for macro / potrait ?

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/threa...ictor+diffuser

Just scroll down and you should see it

Thanks again!
    another question: how do you do night macro?

I tried just now and i was using my left hand to hold a led light so that I could see the bug and focus ,

and using my right hand to hold the camera and take the picture, but it was very difficult and tiring,
    (i could barely hold the camera without shake with two hands, not to say one hand)

is there an more efficient way to do it or am i doing it completely wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by cws77 View Post
    Thanks again!
    another question: how do you do night macro?

I tried just now and i was using my left hand to hold a led light so that I could see the bug and focus ,

and using my right hand to hold the camera and take the picture, but it was very difficult and tiring,
    (i could barely hold the camera without shake with two hands, not to say one hand)

is there an more efficient way to do it or am i doing it completely wrong?

Thanks in advance!
    That's what I have been doing all along, flashlight in one hand and camera in the other. If you find that you cannot manage, get a friend to shine the light for you or you can get something like this and attach it to your camera so that you won't have to hold the light

http://www.sgcamerastore.com/Camera-.../prod_741.html

Thanks Spree86!

A much easier way that I'm using, is to use those energizer 4 or 7LED light with elastic arm band, velcro the base of the light to your lens hood, tie the remaining elastic band to the hood, flip out the light unit and start aiming. In this manner, you dun need another friend to hold the torch for you, and u can easily adjust the angle of the light. The battery last quite long such that I can use it as a search light for insect.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowseye
    A much easier way that I'm using, is to use those energizer 4 or 7LED light with elastic arm band, velcro the base of the light to your lens hood, tie the remaining elastic band to the hood, flip out the light unit and start aiming. In this manner, you dun need another friend to hold the torch for you, and u can easily adjust the angle of the light. The battery last quite long such that I can use it as a search light for insect.
    Do u have sample pic of how ur setup looks like? Sounds like a really efficient way of lighting!

Quote Originally Posted by SkimMilk View Post
    Do u have sample pic of how ur setup looks like? Sounds like a really efficient way of lighting!
    I too am keen to know how your setup looks like! Can't really visualize through the description, a photo would be perfect

Let me get a pic for you guys tonight
    Equipment: D800|D700|11-16|28-75|105 Micro VR|50 F1.4G|85 F1.8G
    Through the Lens of Cowseye

for the victor diffuser, is it one of those plastic cutting sheets sold in daiso?

also, which section of Daiso can I find the foam?
    I searched for it in Plaza Singapore Daiso but could not find it.
    And the shop assistants didn't know also.

Thanks!

for the victor diffuser, is it one of those plastic cutting sheets sold in daiso?

also, which section of Daiso can I find the foam?
    I searched for it in Plaza Singapore Daiso but could not find it.
    And the shop assistants didn't know also.

Thanks!
    It's actually a chopping board. With additional foam sleeves.

The long overdue image of my focusing light setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowseye View Post
    It's actually a chopping board. With additional foam sleeves.
    sorry there are a lot of chopping boards found there, so quite confused haha.

is it the sort of chopping board that is very thin and looks the the cover of a clear file folder?

The foam is sold together with the chopping board or separately?
    How do i tell the shop assistants? i showed them the pic I taken from
    this forum and they had no idea what the foam is.

Btw, also curious to know how your night macro looks like .

Thanks in advance!!!

oops sorry posted too slow... you already posted your light setup.

Thanks Coweye!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cowseye View Post
    The long overdue image of my focusing light setup.
    Looks like a very cheap and doable setup to duplicate. Very nicely done Will definitely want to try this after I get my macro lens

The foam is sold separately. Looks like a pillow case to me. Also forgot what it was meant for.

Chopping board wise just get the ones big enough, translucent and without anything printed on the board.

any advise where can get tamron 90mm at $540? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by buzzmario View Post
    any advise where can get tamron 90mm at $540? thanks
    Try SLR-R and TK Foto

sorry there are a lot of chopping boards found there, so quite confused haha.

is it the sort of chopping board that is very thin and looks the the cover of a clear file folder?

The foam is sold together with the chopping board or separately?
    How do i tell the shop assistants? i showed them the pic I taken from
    this forum and they had no idea what the foam is.

Btw, also curious to know how your night macro looks like .

Thanks in advance!!!
    The foam and board are sold separately and yup, its the clear chopping board material. The foam is some kind of packing foam but i forgot from which section.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast