Thread: Place to Shoot KTM trains! URGENT

Default Place to Shoot KTM trains! URGENT

Hey peeps! I need some help. Pls tell me where is the best place to shoot KTM trains(not the station), anywhere that we can go up close with it. I know Bukit Timah is the best place. But anyone know the exact location? Do let me know. I want go shoot before the train stop service. THANK YOU

Default Re: Place to Shoot KTM trains! URGENT

Portsdown RD is also a nice place to shoot KTM trains. But just exercise extra caution as these trains are faster than you'd expect. You don't want end up as trackill, lots of models-photos had met similar fate. Almost happened
    to me when I was with 2 beautiful gals horsing around on the track.
    RisL & SunshineT
    Last edited by dennisc; 27th June 2011 at 06:32 PM.

Bukit Timah station is off Bukit Timah road, go in by the small road on the sides of the railway bridge

beside Railway Mall (beware of monkey)

Does anyone knows the train schedule? I wish to capture the final glory of the train going past the soon-to-be-history Bukit Timah stretch of railway. (Near bukit Timah Road, Ngee Ann poly iron bridge)

Quote Originally Posted by soons View Post
    Does anyone knows the train schedule? I wish to capture the final glory of the train going past the soon-to-be-history Bukit Timah stretch of railway. (Near bukit Timah Road, Ngee Ann poly iron bridge)
    Best to get the info from the station itself, there could be changes in timings depending on delays and so on.
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by urban93 View Post
    Hey peeps! I need some help. Pls tell me where is the best place to shoot KTM trains(not the station), anywhere that we can go up close with it. I know Bukit Timah is the best place. But anyone know the exact location? Do let me know. I want go shoot before the train stop service. THANK YOU
    They're not stopping service,just relocating the southern terminus to Woodlands Train Checkpoint...

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by soons View Post
    Just google for KTM's website and the schedule is posted on the website itself...

Thx to all info. But i need a place where is near the Tanjong pagar station. Train for tomorrow is at 6:38PM reach tanjong pager.. http://ktmb.com.my
    Please tell me how to go too. thx!

Quote Originally Posted by urban93 View Post
    Thx to all info. But i need a place where is near the Tanjong pagar station. Train for tomorrow is at 6:38PM reach tanjong pager.. http://ktmb.com.my
    Please tell me how to go too. thx!
    u gotta help us by supplying some info too..
    where are u coming fr? US, canada, jb?
    wat is ur means of transport? car, bus, boat, walking?

6:38pm light levels can get a bit too low do moving subject like trains, esp if cloudy..
    not to mention that if u seem clueless abt wat u're doing, the station staff mite deem u a danger and chase u away for ur own gd..
    they have had to do that more and more often recently..

goto harborfront and check out the info at the busstop..

How about the area beside Alexandra hospital or buona vista mrt where the mrt track and rail intersect. Perhaps you can shoot the last train crossing path.

There's a small "kampong" off Queensway, I took some photos there:

If you do visit the place, be careful as the train passes really fast and there's almost no warning.

Am thinking of going to the Bukit Timah Railway Station for the first and last time tomorrow (June 30th) ... http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/threa...n-30-June-2011 ...

anyone???

Quote Originally Posted by yyD70S View Post
    Am thinking of going to the Bukit Timah Railway Station for the first and last time tomorrow (June 30th) ... http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/threa...n-30-June-2011 ...

anyone???
    Last day? Its going to be crazy crowded for sure, prepare durian armour