Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 31 of 31

Thread: fixed focal lenses

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    I'm a Llama!
    Posts
    4,751

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Real Window Gallery
    Fixed Focal lengths are almost always sharper!

    Less glass for the image to travel thru means sharper image!
    Have you tried a 50/1L? You might want to change your opinion after spending a day with this poor performer.

  2. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,315

    Default

    actually i'm v curious about the 50mm F1.8, wat's the diff of I & II? saw I pricing actually higher than II where II is the upgrade ver of I?

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Some equitorial, tropical isle
    Posts
    2,398

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chenwei
    actually i'm v curious about the 50mm F1.8, wat's the diff of I & II? saw I pricing actually higher than II where II is the upgrade ver of I?
    The version I is the original older 50mm f1.8 with metal mounts. Its built is excellent. The version II is the same lens in plastic mounts. Its cheaper because of its new plastic parts. Optically similar with some users prefering the older version I.

  4. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,315

    Default

    i c hee~ thanks bro, which ver u using? plastic mount make any diff?

  5. #25

    Cool

    Back to the zoom-prime topic. I love zooms, but there are times when I take just the 50mm or 28mm out for a spin with the FM2. Very small package, gets the job done.

  6. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,315

    Default

    in fact i started to love prime so much, but it's really headache when come to the DSLR crop factor... >_< 50mm become 80mm...

  7. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chenwei
    in fact i started to love prime so much, but it's really headache when come to the DSLR crop factor... >_< 50mm become 80mm...

    that why i started to buy the 35mm and 20mm prime lens

  8. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,315

    Default

    lol... erm... i tot shd be 28mm prime? like tat v jialat ler...

  9. #29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chenwei
    lol... erm... i tot shd be 28mm prime? like tat v jialat ler...
    on 1.6x bodies

    28mm = 44.8mm
    35mm = 56mm

    on 1.3x bodies

    28mm = 36.4mm
    35mm = 45.5mm

    depends on you lor, i perfer the 35mm lens, used on FF and film bodies, its 35mm shiok!

  10. #30
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,315

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Belle&Sebastain
    on 1.6x bodies

    28mm = 44.8mm
    35mm = 56mm

    on 1.3x bodies

    28mm = 36.4mm
    35mm = 45.5mm

    depends on you lor, i perfer the 35mm lens, used on FF and film bodies, its 35mm shiok!
    i c i c... heh, then i better hold on first, see which come higher priority~

  11. #31

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •