View Poll Results: Will you be willing to pay $30-$40 to shoot amateur models?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

10 15.63%
  • No!

33 51.56%
  • Maybe, see how!

21 32.81%

Thread: Will you guys pay $30-$40 for .......

Default Will you guys pay $30-$40 for .......

Hey, just like to get some feedback from you shooters here. Will you guys be willing to pay $30-$40 for 3 hrs of shooting with some really amateur models with mininum experience? Also, make-up and hairdo will be DIY, so standard may not be as high as pro.
    Last edited by wenx; 15th September 2004 at 11:27 AM.

Hey, maybe you guys can put down some comments on why you chose NO or YES?

Models have to pay for me to shoot them.

Some more amatuers....

haha... I don't mean pro photographers lah... maybe this thread is more for beginners in photography who may wanna try shooting models.
    Thanks for your comments anyway...

wenx, i was new till recently only. I manage to meet the right people who help me in the right direction.

I believe however a lot of budding photographer are being exploited. Being ask to pay to shoot amautuer talents. i will not even use the word model yet.

If the photographer and the talent are both new and raw. It should be a time for print type of situation whereby both side benefit. Nobody should be making money off this. unless you get a really professional stylist or make up artist. And to encourage learning you can use new and raw make up artist who will do it for free too to build up their book.

too many people are jumping in to provide model for a fee. ask ourselves, are these models worth the fee. there are even modelling agenies owner who are asking for money to teach posing instruction.

Default -

I think there is a thingy called test shoot where photographers, models and make-up artist get together for a shoot where the benefits is as below:

1) Photographers get their own portfolio
    2) Models get a copy of their portfolio
    3) Make-up artist get a copy of portfolio

THe cost of the studio and developing is shared between them.

Correct me if I am wrong. I feel this way everyone get to benefits and gets what they wants. A stone kill three birds.

Totally agree with Zekai, why pay when both the photographer and model is new? Best way, both don't charge any fee, the photographer shares with the model all softcopies of photos, and both share cost of makeup and studio. Afterall, both are trying to build portfolios, unless you're talking about a nude model, then...

Quote Originally Posted by leotitude79
    I think there is a thingy called test shoot where photographers, models and make-up artist get together for a shoot where the benefits is as below:

Correct me if I am wrong. I feel this way everyone get to benefits and gets what they wants. A stone kill three birds.
    yup, if everyone is new, then all should share the costs.

yes...i believe in test shoots if not being paid....

unless there's a specific organizer w an experienced model, and the theme is special...eg, costumes provided etc...then i dun mind paying a minimal sum...

Quote Originally Posted by wenx
    .....................some really amateur models with mininum experience? Also, make-up and hairdo will be DIY, so standard may not be as high as pro.
    That is where my friends come in to model for me
    They are happy, I'm happy, no money needed

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by zekai
    wenx, i was new till recently only. I manage to meet the right people who help me in the right direction.

I believe however a lot of budding photographer are being exploited. Being ask to pay to shoot amautuer talents. i will not even use the word model yet.

If the photographer and the talent are both new and raw. It should be a time for print type of situation whereby both side benefit. Nobody should be making money off this. unless you get a really professional stylist or make up artist. And to encourage learning you can use new and raw make up artist who will do it for free too to build up their book.

too many people are jumping in to provide model for a fee. ask ourselves, are these models worth the fee. there are even modelling agenies owner who are asking for money to teach posing instruction.
    Heh, of course, "model" is truly too strong a model to use. My mistake on that part. To be honest, your words sound logical and did create an impression in me.

To the rest, seems like no one likes the idea... anyway, its just a poll to know better. Cheers!!!............

A good way around this, is to provide a free portfolio for your client in exchange for their posing services. This provides you with a means to build your portfolio, and at the same time, provide them with a free make over service. I've done that a couple of times... and they are more than grateful. Maybe its time I reap some money out of my camera.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by wenx
    Hey, just like to get some feedback from you shooters here. Will you guys be willing to pay $30-$40 for 3 hrs of shooting with some really amateur models with mininum experience? Also, make-up and hairdo will be DIY, so standard may not be as high as pro.
    Since all are really amateur models and photogs with mininum experience, then if you got money, come out money, if you got cameras then come out cam, you got experience come out experience, then if you got good face or good body, then come out good face or good body ...... that's d way!
    always the Light, .... always.

Pay only when the new model is really worth for the price. Eample: Good looking, Great body.

Of course, well known or experience model will fetch more money.

Hear ye, hear ye....

Quote Originally Posted by leotitude79

you must be good enough or of a reasonable standard before real talent in makeup/ hair/ models agree to do a test with you. otherwise you are wasting people time.

for practise sake it is not call test shoot.