Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 60 of 60

Thread: Pentaxians June 2011 Outing - Please Post Your Photos Here....

  1. #41

    Default Re: Pentaxians June 2011 Outing - Please Post Your Photos Here....

    Nice work Benchan and Ghostcrabby! You guys did great!

  2. #42
    Member ghostcrabby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Bukit Batok
    Posts
    185

    Default Re: Pentaxians June 2011 Outing - Please Post Your Photos Here....

    Quote Originally Posted by Lightbulb View Post
    Nice work Benchan and Ghostcrabby! You guys did great!
    thanks more to improve on too.
    PENTAX K5, K-01. DA40mm f2.8 Limited, DA*50-135mm f2.8, DA*16-50mm f2.8, DA35mm f2.8 macro Limited

  3. #43

    Default Re: Pentaxians June 2011 Outing - Please Post Your Photos Here....

    Quote Originally Posted by seefei View Post
    FW
    the turnout is better than when we first started. Really wanted but got to play tourist guide to some relatives.
    Yeah, not too bad especially many think that place is spooky Pity you and some other regulars couldn't join this time, hope you can join next round. Let's go some place remote so guys can't quit half way

  4. #44
    Member seefei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    1,708

    Default Re: Pentaxians June 2011 Outing - Please Post Your Photos Here....

    Quote Originally Posted by fengwei View Post
    Yeah, not too bad especially many think that place is spooky Pity you and some other regulars couldn't join this time, hope you can join next round. Let's go some place remote so guys can't quit half way
    Frank,
    some of us are not physically there but spiritually we were there. didnt you feel our presence?
    shoot to remember. flickr

  5. #45

    Default Re: Pentaxians June 2011 Outing - Please Post Your Photos Here....

    Quote Originally Posted by seefei View Post
    Frank,
    some of us are not physically there but spiritually we were there. didnt you feel our presence?
    Yeah, I see dead people there ...

  6. #46
    Member pentriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Guilin in Gombak
    Posts
    1,528

    Default Re: Pentaxians June 2011 Outing - Please Post Your Photos Here....

    Quote Originally Posted by fengwei View Post
    Yeah, I see dead people there ...
    You must have the 3rd eye to see them.
    Pentax for Life

  7. #47

    Default Re: Pentaxians June 2011 Outing - Please Post Your Photos Here....

    Quote Originally Posted by pentriot View Post
    You must have the 3rd eye to see them.
    Nah, I got my 6th sense after been using Pentax for so long

  8. #48

    Default Re: Pentaxians June 2011 Outing - Please Post Your Photos Here....

    As a newbie I wonder if it is possible for all to include EXIF and PP details? That would be an eye-opener.

  9. #49

    Default Re: Pentaxians June 2011 Outing - Please Post Your Photos Here....

    Quote Originally Posted by Lightbulb View Post
    As a newbie I wonder if it is possible for all to include EXIF and PP details? That would be an eye-opener.
    exif should still be intact if the user was careful to retain them during PP.

    PP details, especially detailed ones, i think, a bit tedious to include lah...

    very context specific also... doesn't mean that u adjust everything the same way, it will look / feel the same

  10. #50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lightbulb
    Nice work Benchan and Ghostcrabby! You guys did great!
    Thanks, lightbulb.

    EXIF info can be found in flickr. I'll try to add them here later, if I have the time.

    PP? Not an expert. I just move the sliders in Lightroom and see whether it looks better than before. Mainly in the basic panel, ie exposure, fill, contrast, blacks, etc.

  11. #51

    Default Re: Pentaxians June 2011 Outing - Please Post Your Photos Here....

    [QUOTE=benchan21;7283141]Good to have met up with all of you again. Didn't take much shots this time round.

    /3046/5870146200_38546e4abb_b.jpg[/img][/url]


    4. (DFA 100mm F2.8 macro WR)


    Nice lighting on this robberfly but its not max magnification right?.

    marcus
    Last edited by otc; 28th June 2011 at 02:47 PM.

  12. #52

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by otc
    Nice lighting on this robberfly but its not max magnification right?.
    Yup, I was a little further back. Saw Donald shooting it, so tried to sneak in a snap as well. Natural lighting (no flash), as I didn't want to disturb Donald's shot.

  13. #53

    Default Re: Pentaxians June 2011 Outing - Please Post Your Photos Here....

    Quote Originally Posted by benchan21 View Post
    Yup, I was a little further back. Saw Donald shooting it, so tried to sneak in a snap as well. Natural lighting (no flash), as I didn't want to disturb Donald's shot.
    also because your hands are much more steady than mine i needed a tripod and a flash otherwise cannot get the shot

  14. #54

    Default Re: Pentaxians June 2011 Outing - Please Post Your Photos Here....

    Quote Originally Posted by detritus View Post
    also because your hands are much more steady than mine i needed a tripod and a flash otherwise cannot get the shot
    Young man, why need a tripod? On hind side, better to have some support somewhere for macro, either monopod or others as any slight shake will affect IQ especially at max 1:1 mag.

    marcus

  15. #55

    Default Re: Pentaxians June 2011 Outing - Please Post Your Photos Here....

    Quote Originally Posted by otc View Post
    Young man, why need a tripod? On hind side, better to have some support somewhere for macro, either monopod or others as any slight shake will affect IQ especially at max 1:1 mag.

    marcus
    i experimenting with mirror-up

  16. #56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by detritus

    also because your hands are much more steady than mine i needed a tripod and a flash otherwise cannot get the shot
    Auto-ISO helps. I think this was at ISO 800. But you can easily see the difference between the shots.

  17. #57

    Default Re: Pentaxians June 2011 Outing - Please Post Your Photos Here....

    Quote Originally Posted by benchan21 View Post
    Auto-ISO helps. I think this was at ISO 800. But you can easily see the difference between the shots.
    not after its been downsized and even at full size, only if u pixel peep

  18. #58

    Default Re: Pentaxians June 2011 Outing - Please Post Your Photos Here....

    Quote Originally Posted by benchan21 View Post
    Thanks, lightbulb.

    EXIF info can be found in flickr. I'll try to add them here later, if I have the time.

    PP? Not an expert. I just move the sliders in Lightroom and see whether it looks better than before. Mainly in the basic panel, ie exposure, fill, contrast, blacks, etc.
    Thanks ben!

  19. #59
    Member seefei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    1,708

    Default Re: Pentaxians June 2011 Outing - Please Post Your Photos Here....

    Quote Originally Posted by Baracus View Post
    Where the tombstones pictures at? So taboo meh? I'll kick it off with a few.

    It was actually pretty bright, so I decided to moodify my pictures with lots of vignetting, opacity and tonal contrast.

    Semi-Detached


    nice use of vignetting. like the subdued colour contrast
    shoot to remember. flickr

  20. #60
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    83

    Default Re: Pentaxians June 2011 Outing - Please Post Your Photos Here....

    Quote Originally Posted by kof88 View Post
    Hello DariusMJ, just wondering if there are any PP for the colors ?

    Also interesting to see the DA55-300 gives pretty harsh bokeh =O
    Hi, sorry was in camp so couldn't reply. Yea, I used one of LR's b&w presets and converted it to colour.hahaha.
    K-5 | DAL55-300 | A50 | DA35 | DA70 Limited | DA* 1650 | Fujifilm X100T |

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •