Thread: Market rate for mini events?

Default Market rate for mini events?

What is the market rate for a photo session at a children's mini concert? (Amateur and semi-pro alike) e.g. per roll of film with or without printing charge? How much is an 8R sold for if requested by clients?

Default Re: Market rate for mini events?

Originally posted by Barrios
    What is the market rate for a photo session at a children's mini concert? (Amateur and semi-pro alike) e.g. per roll of film with or without printing charge? How much is an 8R sold for if requested by clients?
    depends on several factors....

1) how long are u expected to work? 2 hours? half a day?
    2) wat's expected out of u.......

for me, i usually quote a base rate determined by the projected number of hours i am required to be committed to the event (and that includes post processing time!). Cost of expendables like film and processing charges are usually added on top of the base rate and the total is quoted to the potential client.
    David Teo
    View my work and blog at http://www.5stonesphoto.com/blog

Default Re: Re: Market rate for mini events?

Originally posted by Red Dawn

depends on several factors....

1) how long are u expected to work? 2 hours? half a day?
    2) wat's expected out of u.......

for me, i usually quote a base rate determined by the projected number of hours i am required to be committed to the event (and that includes post processing time!). Cost of expendables like film and processing charges are usually added on top of the base rate and the total is quoted to the potential client.
    Say the job takes 3 hrs. Children mini concert. Just doing shoots on the children's performance etc.