Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Asian Civilisation Museum: Terracotta Warriors: The First Emperor and His Legacy

Default Asian Civilisation Museum: Terracotta Warriors: The First Emperor and His Legacy

Special Exhibition
    Terracotta Warriors: The First Emperor and His Legacy
    24 Jun 2011 - 16 Oct 2011
    @ Special Exhibitions Gallery, ACM Empress Place

The discovery of thousands of terracotta warriors, buried for over 2,000 years, is shedding new light on Emperor Qin Shihuang and his imperial legacy. Featuring over 100 objects from Shaanxi, China, this exhibition explores the rise of the Qin state and China’s first unification, the cultural achievements of early China, and the fundamental influence that the First Emperor and his dynasty had on Chinese civilisation.

For the first time in Southeast Asia, marvel at the First Emperor’s impressive burial complex and his mighty terracotta army, whose discovery is considered one of the biggest archaeological events of the twentieth century. Recapture the mystery of the warriors – how they were discovered, why they were created and what they represented.

This exhibition is organised by the Shaanxi Provincial Cultural Relics Bureau and the Shaanxi Cultural Heritage Promotion Centre, People’s Republic of China in partnership with the Asian Civilisations Museum, Singapore.

http://www.acm.org.sg/exhibitions/ev...sp?eventID=709

Default Re: Asian Civilisation Museum: Terracotta Warriors: The First Emperor and His Legacy

I was also wondering about this exhibition.
    But perhaps like most exhibitions in Singapore, photography of the terracotta warriors are not allowed?
    Have you any information on photography?
    Thanks!

Default Re: Asian Civilisation Museum: Terracotta Warriors: The First Emperor and His Legacy

I'm not too sure, I drop them an email as I have the intention of visitng the place this week. I guess photography but no flash?

i wish to know too! hopefully they allow photography.

The ticket to the Terracotta Warriors is S$8.00, allows to take picture but no flash.

yup, i just call them. You can take photos but no flash.

Free to full time students, ns man or seniors above 60.

there's 50% on friday from 7pm to 9pm I think

Quote Originally Posted by windcaster View Post
    yup, i just call them. You can take photos but no flash.

Free to full time students, ns man or seniors above 60.

there's 50% on friday from 7pm to 9pm I think
    NSmen (active) free? but how to proof?

Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    NSmen (active) free? but how to proof?
    I think he meant NSF..
    Canon 7D • 17-40mm ƒ4 • 70-200mm ƒ4

For those with iPhone, download the free App ACM: Terracotta Warriors from App Store and you can have 3D terracotta warriors appearing in the camera of the iPhone when you point the iPhone at certain symbols at designated locations in the exhibition and you can take photos with the virtual terracotta warrior. You can also use the app as a guide during your visit to the exhibition.

lighting is low and dark, need to boost to 1600 or more. student is free.

IMG_0112 by Windcaster, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by windcaster View Post
    lighting is low and dark, need to boost to 1600 or more. student is free.

IMG_0112 by Windcaster, on Flickr
    Great! Thank you very much for your first shot.
    I am sure many of us in CS would follow. It's always wonderful to shoot indoor in a darkened environment with spot lighting on.
    The mood that it creates is... simply lovely.

no flash, then how about tripod?

No tripod or monpod is allowed, I brought monopod there n was told not to use.

The experience will extend beyond the museum. AR markers will be placed at Dhoby Ghaut MRT Station from June 30 to July 27. iPhone users with the app installed will be able to view the terracotta warriors and take pictures with them through the iPhone camera.
    http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...136011/1/.html

Quote Originally Posted by mytoys View Post
    No tripod or monpod is allowed, I brought monopod there n was told not to use.
    thank u for the information

Yup strictly no flash allowed. Single adult ticket cost is $8. Got some discounts if you have certain cards like PassionCard at 50% off.

They have guided tour at scheduled timings, good to follow the tour then take pictures afterwards.

I was there earlier, weekdays their business quite good, mainly school children and tourists.

Thanks for the info =)

anyone want to go on sat? i got the passion card so maybe can get 50% off for u as well ..
    If the photo i took is 1% unclear, I will rather delete .. www.flickr.com/photos/59837685@N03/

great.. will be making a trip down. cfm passion card gt discount? wat other cards can get discount too?

SHd have
    If the photo i took is 1% unclear, I will rather delete .. www.flickr.com/photos/59837685@N03/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast