Thread: Overall opinion on DiCaPac underwater case?

Default Overall opinion on DiCaPac underwater case?

Has anyone here used such products?

Do you really need to use ipad underwater?

Their booth at CommunicAsia.
    Last edited by Reportage; 24th June 2011 at 07:34 AM.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

Default Re: Overall opinion on DiCaPac underwater case?

it is good if u are just going for basic use in the pools n stuffs. its quite okay. dont affect the photo quality but honestly, its quite hard to use because its for general camera use and it tends to move inside the dicapac. hard to zoom as well and adjust the settings. BUT maybe its just me because i not familiar with how to use it effectively.

i'm also quite interested on this items, i wan to try doing cr8ive underwater pool shots, my concern other than the durability is how far will the accesibility of the camera controls(mainly the AF on&off switch & dials) is affected...
    i buy i sell i use, repeat, such are the vicious endless cycle of GAS

Quote Originally Posted by willdoang View Post
    i'm also quite interested on this items, i wan to try doing cr8ive underwater pool shots, my concern other than the durability is how far will the accesibility of the camera controls(mainly the AF on&off switch & dials) is affected...
    from what i saw, if using menu driven system...operations look easy.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

This case i use for my PnS and it does the job. Took it for white water rafting, snorkelling, parasailing before. Finally it broke after 3 years but in the meantime i managed to take many UW pics that would not have been taken as i wont buy a hardcase that cost $300 for an old PnS.

I use it with my Olympus E-PL1, works great, helps that most of the controls are menu driven, it's easier to press button instead of turning dials when using the case

Quote Originally Posted by framemylife View Post
    I use it with my Olympus E-PL1
    which model of casing did u get for EPL1 ?

So that's like a more durable version of a Ziploc bag?
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

Not only durable, but it's more secure and can accommodate the camera lens. The panny 20mm fits perfectly.

I have been using a dicapac for some underwater shots.. Its strong, secure and durable but dont push it too deep la ahah. But sometimes the lens extension will block the lens when ur camera shifts. Rmb to put the lanyard!!!!

Hi Bro, it's is good for underwater photo-taking up to 12m (max). Then the whole casing will 'stick' onto your camera and all function disable. I tried and i know. Compare to hard casing, it's much cheaper. All depend at what depth you want to take yr picture.