Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Limitation of Kit lens 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6

Default Re: Limitation of Kit lens 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6

Quote Originally Posted by Tucksoon View Post
    Absolutely. Maybe I should say if a newbie wish to learn prime lens shooting it's the most economical solution
    yup, a 2nd hand 50mmf1.8 is just under $100, it can give a very nice bokeh that iphone and normal p&s camera cannot achieve.

Quote Originally Posted by lcheowl

If you apply the Sunny 16 rule under bright day light, I can only think of having a shallower DOF or want to freeze the motion in bright daylight, then a big aperture is needed.
    It depends on the type of photography actually, landscape settings are very diff from portrait ones, you can't generalize and says that most ppl shoot at f4 and above

Quote Originally Posted by lcheowl View Post
    yup, a 2nd hand 50mmf1.8 is just under $100, it can give a very nice bokeh that iphone and normal p&s camera cannot achieve.
    yr $100 v big leh =P about $130-160 depending on condition. its a great lens, but not so on dx. i d recommend the 35 1.8 even if you have to save longer for it. the FOV of 35 on dx is alot alot nicer than tt of a 50mm.
    F3, FTN, D700, just primes =)
    http://littleredcake.smugmug.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Ang View Post
    yr $100 v big leh =P about $130-160 depending on condition. its a great lens, but not so on dx. i d recommend the 35 1.8 even if you have to save longer for it. the FOV of 35 on dx is alot alot nicer than tt of a 50mm.
    Brand new if I remember correctly is $125 from CP

2nd hand is
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/threa...-50mm-f-1.8-II

he selling only $80.

I do agree, if possible get a wider lens, after using 50mm for sometimes, I do feel a bit tight during in door shooting.

the kit lens is a good lens to start with.. i've seen people taking good photos with kit lenses too..

i think Rashkae has half the mind to start a new thread on educating newbies on Bokeh.. haha
    Alpha
    Want to get back to photography

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Photogenic View Post
    the kit lens is a good lens to start with.. i've seen people taking good photos with kit lenses too..

i think Rashkae has half the mind to start a new thread on educating newbies on Bokeh.. haha
    I do! But unfortunately they won't read it anyway.
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Ang View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lcheowl View Post
    Brand new if I remember correctly is $125 from CP

2nd hand is
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/threa...-50mm-f-1.8-II

he selling only $80.

I do agree, if possible get a wider lens, after using 50mm for sometimes, I do feel a bit tight during in door shooting.
    I think there was some confusion, coz the Nikon AF 50/1.8D is a bit more pricey than the Canon EF50/1.8
    Anyway they're both considered 'affordable', I suppose. Have to agree that 50mm on APS-C feels too constricted most times.
    Exploring! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    I do! But unfortunately they won't read it anyway.
    maybe you should.. for the benefit of those who want to read..
    Alpha
    Want to get back to photography

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123