Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: need help..

Quote Originally Posted by soerwu

ok, that time I was sitting in front of ZARA shop @ the lower ground. I'm going with my fam. so I sit in the middle of them and my bag was behind me. just a second i put my bag, somebody stole it. and i realized right away, but i can't see the one who stole my bag.
    Hmm.. Why didn't you give chase?

Default Re: need help..

Quote Originally Posted by soerwu View Post
    ok, that time I was sitting in front of ZARA shop @ the lower ground. I'm going with my fam. so I sit in the middle of them and my bag was behind me. just a second i put my bag, somebody stole it. and i realized right away, but i can't see the one who stole my bag.
    This thief has targeted on your bag...

From your description, it seems that you are actually "targeted". Just waiting for the right time to strike.

I am sorry for your losses, my friend.

I'm not sure if you go police station or call the police on the spot so they come and meet you. If you made report in station, they will only do few things.. Get your IC, type the report & print the report.. Case closed~

Don't expect them effective like here and safety in Malaysia very bad, they saw your gear and they can follow you for few hours until they get it. For example you go toilet la, food court etc..

My camera not with me but I remember those serial number just a sticker. Peel off and stick other serial number or just let it blank then nothing you can do..

If I'm you and really wanna trace back. Get those video copy and screen capture the best quality which you can see his face even half, then asking around all shops on that floor if saw this people hang around everyday, they might be a "permanent residence" that cari makan there. Also can upload those video to youtube or any malaysia forum. Chinese said "Money can ask a ghost to work for you" reward RM1k-2k for those who found that thief and help you get back all your stuffs (Don't pay 2k just get back a tripod...). Trust me this amount of money can make a friend to betray a friend, when his friend wanna earn this 2k they don't mind to give you a private call to deal... Good luck.

Sorry to hear about your loss! I think clearly a case of targeted subject by the perpetrator! Don't think you can do much with the loss except suggest that you move on and take it as an (expensive!!) lesson learnt. Malaysia is different from Spore. Tracking the item (even with s/n) can be seeking a needle in a haystack, let alone "gaps" in the system...

might be a little to late for this, but i think it is somewhat relevant:
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/threa...Shooting-in-JB

i may sound a little rude and discouraging here, but don't put any hope in getting your stuff back.
    The more hope you have in getting anything back, the more disappointed you will be.

Thefts and robberies are everyday thing for the locals, most of them don't even bother with reporting them to the authorities or police.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgdevilzz View Post
    Hmm.. Why didn't you give chase?
    I've tried to.
    But i can't see the thief.

i think so.
    pity me, lost all my gears.

Quote Originally Posted by chillicutter View Post
    From your description, it seems that you are actually "targeted". Just waiting for the right time to strike.

I am sorry for your losses, my friend.
    maybe they have targeted me.
    anyway, thanks for ur concern bro.

Quote Originally Posted by irvind View Post
    I'm not sure if you go police station or call the police on the spot so they come and meet you. If you made report in station, they will only do few things.. Get your IC, type the report & print the report.. Case closed~

Don't expect them effective like here and safety in Malaysia very bad, they saw your gear and they can follow you for few hours until they get it. For example you go toilet la, food court etc..

My camera not with me but I remember those serial number just a sticker. Peel off and stick other serial number or just let it blank then nothing you can do..

If I'm you and really wanna trace back. Get those video copy and screen capture the best quality which you can see his face even half, then asking around all shops on that floor if saw this people hang around everyday, they might be a "permanent residence" that cari makan there. Also can upload those video to youtube or any malaysia forum. Chinese said "Money can ask a ghost to work for you" reward RM1k-2k for those who found that thief and help you get back all your stuffs (Don't pay 2k just get back a tripod...). Trust me this amount of money can make a friend to betray a friend, when his friend wanna earn this 2k they don't mind to give you a private call to deal... Good luck.
    Wow bro, thanks for ur tips.
    but unfortunately, i've go back to indonesia alrd.
    yeah, just like u said it.
    maybe case closed aftr i report it.
    and they just type it, my passport was in my bagpack too.

Quote Originally Posted by ivanlimab View Post
    Sorry to hear about your loss! I think clearly a case of targeted subject by the perpetrator! Don't think you can do much with the loss except suggest that you move on and take it as an (expensive!!) lesson learnt. Malaysia is different from Spore. Tracking the item (even with s/n) can be seeking a needle in a haystack, let alone "gaps" in the system...
    actually, my family all said the same as u said to me bro.
    just let it go and it is ur "expensive" lesson.
    of course it is different, since the country and all of it different ald.

Quote Originally Posted by MatCh View Post
    might be a little to late for this, but i think it is somewhat relevant:
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/threa...Shooting-in-JB

i may sound a little rude and discouraging here, but don't put any hope in getting your stuff back.
    The more hope you have in getting anything back, the more disappointed you will be.

Thefts and robberies are everyday thing for the locals, most of them don't even bother with reporting them to the authorities or police.
    i'm don't hope my gears will be back to me anymore.
    just share my exp with u all.
    and aftr i see the cctv, it is not locals but frm the other country.
    Last edited by soerwu; 23rd June 2011 at 08:02 PM.

actually, my family all said the same as u said to me bro.
    just let it go and it is ur "expensive" lesson.
    of course it is different, since the country and all of it different ald.
    Ok bro. Additionally, just think of it as a blessings in disguise lah. Imagine a situation where they snatch your gear under broad daylight or worse, inflict injuries on you/family. I'm a frequent traveller due to my work and go to all the developing countries. Over the years, I just learnt to have an additional dose of alertness when overseas and ensure I don't take my sight off my barang barang. Never be complacent lah. Even in Spore, I also make sure I don't let my guard down.

Money lost can be earned back. This incident can help prevent further costlier ones.

Best of luck bro and happy hunting for your replacement. Cheers...

Quote Originally Posted by ivanlimab View Post
    Ok bro. Additionally, just think of it as a blessings in disguise lah. Imagine a situation where they snatch your gear under broad daylight or worse, inflict injuries on you/family. I'm a frequent traveller due to my work and go to all the developing countries. Over the years, I just learnt to have an additional dose of alertness when overseas and ensure I don't take my sight off my barang barang. Never be complacent lah. Even in Spore, I also make sure I don't let my guard down.

Money lost can be earned back. This incident can help prevent further costlier ones.

Best of luck bro and happy hunting for your replacement. Cheers...
    thanks a lot bro.
    gonna need a time to replace my cam.

As I read your thread, I can really feel your pain man...
    It would be undoubtedly frustrating had it happened to me (or to anyone of us for that matter).
    Thanks for the warning too. Your example will be a reminder to all of us traveling to developing countries with our gear.
    I hope you will get your stuff back, no matter how slim the chance.

Try not to use camera bag when travel .. Ppl will know how many equipment u brought out .. Just use ur towel to wrap the len and cam and throw it into a normal bag ..

Quote Originally Posted by Miao
    Try not to use camera bag when travel .. Ppl will know how many equipment u brought out .. Just use ur towel to wrap the len and cam and throw it into a normal bag ..
    Agree with this, and since you're using Lowepro, in indonesia, sooner or later it will be gone anyway... Especially in Bali and Jakarta, try not to show Lowepro brand guys..duct tape it or use other brand (dont attach the tripod to camera bag, obviously thief will know you have camera inside the bag) I think even billingham is safer..

Quote Originally Posted by daniellcs View Post
    As I read your thread, I can really feel your pain man...
    It would be undoubtedly frustrating had it happened to me (or to anyone of us for that matter).
    Thanks for the warning too. Your example will be a reminder to all of us traveling to developing countries with our gear.
    I hope you will get your stuff back, no matter how slim the chance.
    but i think, my stuff will not coming back anymore.
    but all i can do now is taking it as an experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Miao View Post
    thanks for ur tips bro, i ald warn my other friends if they want to travel.

Quote Originally Posted by soerwu

but i think, my stuff will not coming back anymore.
    but all i can do now is taking it as an experience.
    Treat it as a chance to upgrade? Maybe a D700 next?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast