Thread: For newbies photographers

Default For newbies photographers

Just saw this online

http://www.bigdeal.sg/Photography-Wo...op-travel.html

Even newbies have it easier nowadays...
    Don't brag about your accomplishments; Show us your future works.

Default Re: For newbies photographers

LOL... no macro and nature????
    Nature, macro and BW... Makes my world go round

it's all spoon feeding. and the inherent problem is that. cheap classes usually suck for the instructors.

and the newbies come out thinking they're pros.

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    it's all spoon feeding. and the inherent problem is that. cheap classes usually suck for the instructors.

and the newbies come out thinking they're pros.

so any recommended good class with good instructor? my friend's thinking to join one.

Everyone has to make a living somehow and everyone also likes to think they got their monies worth.

Scott has been around the block of commercial photography, unlike some class instructors who appear out of nowhere with an 'award-winning' moniker and are suddenly qualified to teach. Both instructors are also members of PPAS, draw your own conclusions there.

As a student, one can either sit there and expect to be spoonfed or by being pro-active in asking questions & using the class as a knowledge base for further learning on their own time. Please don't anyhow slam people's ricebowl unless you've been in their class before and have a personal experience to share. Even if you're making a general statement, this thread is not the correct place for it and people are already influenced by those few words.

Thanks.

Blog Entries

i think the best way to learn is to shoot and shoot and shoot and shooooooooooooooooot
    Lousy de My Flickr

Apologies for the sweeping statement. But i believe that offering classes at a dirt cheap price, or discount coupon cheapens the art. I believe there are those who know the market like you do, better than i, how many of these have sprung up.

We keep our opinions personal that's all. Professionally we choose not to support nor un-support other professionals unless we have intimate knowledge. The customer agrees to the deal with both eyes open and unless instructors run away with their money or something similarly unprofessional there's nothing much to be said.

There's different market ranges and their own pitfalls, if some "award-winning" instructor wants to hold expensive classes, there's also no guarantee what one learns there will be fantastic too. It's up to the student what he/she gets out from it.